What is this IP address on my network?

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Answered
Recently had service installed and quickly noticed a new device on my network I had not setup. IP Address is 192.168.1.2 and login page shows "MTAX328-SB2+". Default login credentials on the bottom of the Viasat router do not work and neither does the custom password I setup. Tech support was not helpful and suggested it was something I had set up. I know this isn't the case because I had a second WAP setup to use this address before service was installed and because I ran a network scanner and the Manufacturer field for that address shows as VIASAT, INCORPORATED.

You can see the login page and the network scan in my attachments.

Can anyone tell me what this device is, what it is doing on my network, and how I can access it?

Photo of Eric Hackney

Eric Hackney

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 285 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
That is the built in VOIP ATA device.
Photo of Eric Hackney

Eric Hackney

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Do you know what the login credentials are? Is there a way to turn the ATA functionailty off so its not using IP space? I guess one IP address wont hurt anything but its annoying and its messing up my addressing scheme.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 339 Posts
  • 233 Reply Likes
Addressing scheme?
Photo of Eric Hackney

Eric Hackney

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
The ip address plan i use to keep track of devices with static IPs. It doesnt really matter, it just helps me keep track of stuff and I'm kind of anal about keeping it perfect.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 339 Posts
  • 233 Reply Likes
What are you running 50 devices or something :).
Photo of Eric Hackney

Eric Hackney

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Nah, lol. I've had 20 or 30 before but nowhere near that now. Like I said, I'm just anal about maintaining it and annoyed the service provider equipment added a device without my knowledge and especially because it duplicated an address I already had in use.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 339 Posts
  • 233 Reply Likes
Just start at 101 and work up from there :).
Photo of Eric Hackney

Eric Hackney

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Of course I can do that but my point is I shouldnt have to. I should have control over the devices on my home network.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 339 Posts
  • 233 Reply Likes
You do. But 1 and 2 are reserved for Viasat. I have a device that uses 50.
Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 285 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
If you go to bridge mode and use your own nat device the ATA won't get an internal IP.
Photo of Eric Hackney

Eric Hackney

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I may end up doing that later but I'm content for now just knowing what this is. Thanks for your help.