What is going on with the plans?

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
I upgraded to unlimited gold from a 150 gb a month plan.  Now, my internet has slowed to almost nothingness at 100 gb, so why should I pay more for unlimited?  When I went back to change plans, now I'm only offered a 12 gb plan and that's it!  Where did all the choices go?
Photo of Terry Ealey

Terry Ealey

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2278 Posts
  • 1985 Reply Likes
You didn't change from a Freedom Plan did you?
Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 212 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
God Bless Freedom (NEW), your new gold plan might only have 100gb, when first released it was 150gb now its down to 100gb, plus you get a forced resolution on most video streaming.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 253 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Never leave the Freedom 150 plan. It’s the best plan they’ve ever had. And by the looks of it the best plan they will ever have. Gold plans are a ripoff.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 367 Posts
  • 199 Reply Likes
The old Freedom plan is an upgrade from what Viasat is offering now. Don't give it up until something better comes out.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3650 Posts
  • 2129 Reply Likes
Long live our Freedom!
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3931 Posts
  • 4017 Reply Likes
Not that it helps the original poster... but perhaps someone else is paying attention.

Unless there's been a major change of heart since February 8 when Viasat's CEO was asked whether he expected to sell only unlimited data plans going forward, his reply was:

"Yes, that’s what the plan is."  

If you like your current legacy plan, keep your current legacy plan (in this case you actually can) - however once you switch, it will up and vanish like a fart in the wind and you can only switch to what's currently offered. 

For now, Viasat has gone all in on marketing "unlimited data" plans as they are currently defined, investing heavily in all new retailer support materials (brochures, print materials, ads, imagery, etc.) and the new Viasat branding. 
(Edited)
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
So when the plans that were offered 6 months or more before a new satellite came online are clearly better plans than what’s offered now (value wise), what does that tell us? One could argue platinum might be a great value for a data hog, but I’ve yet to see anyone comment on it.

I had three plans added to my area yesterday. They added the unlimited plans with WiFi. 12, 25, and 30Mbps with 40,60, and 100GB of data respectively.

I could now pay $50 more for 50GB less priority data with the potential to never reach 30Mbps.

Just doesn’t make sense.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes

I would only switch if a 250GB Freedom plan was offered with all the same conditions as my current 150GB Freedom plan has, but that is never going to happen, so I'll just stay here.  150GB of raw Internet is enough for me.