what does it mean when suddenly my phone is out and the recording says "Device not recognized by your provider" ?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
phone not recognized by ISP
Photo of Shelly Decker Bedford

Shelly Decker Bedford

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated and angry

Posted 1 year ago

Shelly Decker Bedford

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
nevermind. Now it's back to the constant busy signal, I know what this means. SINCE I HAD THIS FOR 2 DAYS FOLLOWING A NEW MODEM HOOKUP
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3078 Posts
  • 1293 Reply Likes
Glad you got it figured out, the phone needs to be setup as if it were a new one again. :)

Shelly Decker Bedford

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
the new question is, why? after I already completed this through a lot of incompetent reps and the none who knew what to do?
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3078 Posts
  • 1293 Reply Likes
The phone is tied to your MAC address of the modem. So if it had to be completely rest and that changed, that's the best reason I can see. If the phone is simply dropping out like that without the MAC address changing you should email exedelistens@viasat.com about this. Give your account and contact info and, they can make sure the RIGHT technician looks at the issue.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3144 Posts
  • 1116 Reply Likes
yep..What Bev said. It was still likely paired to the old mac address. 

Shelly Decker Bedford

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That was true, and they corrected it (I thought) but then it went out again...And, Brad, you're an employee? What's up with having to CALL to get it fixed? SOme of us have no other phone, and this is impossible. Lousy customer service. 
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3077 Posts
  • 1292 Reply Likes
http://help.exede.net/articles/General/Exede-Voice-ATA-Provisioning-Process

That may help you if it does this again, it's how to activate Exede Voice.

Shelly Decker Bedford

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've tried this, and it says my mac address, that I've rechecked and that they also used, is invalid device...so this doesn;t work for me...