What am I missing here?????

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago

For $100 per month(+rental fees)  -- 12Mbps/50Gb or 25Mbps/Unlimited Gb
Is there something I'm not seeing in this?
Photo of bill nord

bill nord

• 48 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Jim Eoff

Jim Eoff

• 47 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I don't think you are, unless I'm missing the point of your question. The Unlimited Silver requires the Viasat combination Modem/Router, which they can send (no charge IIRC).
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 276 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Unlimited plan gives 480P, the others might provide higher definition.

But if unlimited plan is available it is the better value.

I think the smaller plans will eventually go away, they will probably keep one for basic users.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3051 Posts
  • 1273 Reply Likes
Liberty 50 allows you to turn the Video Data Extender OFF and, thus stream HD video as long as you have Priority data. Unlimited Silver does not allow you to turn the Video Data Extender off, it is ALWAYS ON, No video over 480p resolution will stream, it must buffer and not all sights allow you to buffer a full TV show or movie before pushing play. Basically on Silver, you can't watch HD video, DVD quality or lower only.
Photo of Timothy Apjok

Timothy Apjok

• 12 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
If you go out and an look at new service, the $100 for unlimited is a 3 month promo. My guess is that the list above is also promo and after 3 month it goes back up to $150. It dosn't say it anywhere, but I don't trust it as of today and I personally wouldn't do it until I actually talked to someone at Customer Service.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 751 Posts
  • 375 Reply Likes
Coffee is bad.  Tea is good.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3552 Posts
  • 3549 Reply Likes
Who the heck is Dawn? As the title asks what am I missing here? ;)
(Edited)
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 751 Posts
  • 375 Reply Likes
Another username that spammed a third party miracle ISP a few months ago.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3552 Posts
  • 3549 Reply Likes
If anyone knows, I know that... I was there for the original Frankie Valli flashback but she/he goes by many names and I was noting Jim16's seemingly out of place post ;) At least the cleanup in aisle 5 was a little easier this time.
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2032 Posts
  • 1742 Reply Likes
Cleanup is happening faster this weekend then most!
Photo of Rose Smith

Rose Smith

• 24 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
We got the same offer on our beam last week. I considered the issue of 480p since we have a 70” high def tv and I won’t watch fuzzy buffering programs. On the other hand, abiltity to watch Netflix with 50 g while possible, was very limited at 1 g per hour. Nevertheless , I can only imagine what it will be like not worrying about using our data and asking guests to be considerate of our limited WiFi! We signed up immediately. Now we are waiting for the modems to come in. They are back ordered for at least a month! This is potentially a life changer and I can’t wait! No more trips to the library to use public WiFi! Thank you via sat.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2038 Posts
  • 1749 Reply Likes
Don't forget about the Free Zone offered by the Liberty plan.  Others can talk about that since I don't have it.  
Photo of Rose Smith

Rose Smith

• 24 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
We used to use it, when we were on the 10g plan and it was available at midnight. Just can’t deal with 3 Amat my age! Lol
Photo of Concentric Circles

Concentric Circles

• 84 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Yeah, from the looks of the "New plans," if this is what it looks like with the new satellite, we wasted our money waiting for Viasat II.  We already pay about $70/mo, and we aren't paying more than that.  And we aren't switching to a plan where the free zone is 3 AM.  So it looks like Viasat II is a DOWNGRADE. 
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 432 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
I think this is all about Viasat doing Marketing Research before the launch of plans for Viasat-2.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3052 Posts
  • 1739 Reply Likes
These are not the Viasat-2 plans. But if you don't want to spend more money, you probably are going to have to keep your current plan.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1065 Posts
  • 344 Reply Likes
I thought the new bird was capable of spreading the bandwidth over beams that had more demand? I’m hoping for an equal playing field.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3052 Posts
  • 1739 Reply Likes
Location will still play a role in what kind of plans will be available.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1065 Posts
  • 344 Reply Likes
Assuming you may utilize the ability to switch to the new satellite, why?
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3052 Posts
  • 1739 Reply Likes

I can't go into that at this time.  I am just saying like today, don't expect the same level of plans available to all locations. 

Will everybody get a different level of plans available on the new satellite?  Yes.  Will all plans be available everywhere?  Wait and see...but you will be surprised.  

For instance my NRTC Viasat provider has already announced their new coming plans for Viasat-2.  Those plans are actually WORSE than what is available today to existing Viasat customers.  I can't explain it....but that is what has been communicated. 

Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1065 Posts
  • 344 Reply Likes
Lol. Older post but VetSat appears to have been prophetic with what we know today.
Photo of WoodyStrokerCat .

WoodyStrokerCat .

• 60 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Terrible.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.