weird happening

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
Did someone screw up? A few nights ago, during prime time, there was a brief, wonderful happening. I'd click on a link and... BANG, the web page was there! It was like being in heaven! I clicked this and that and watched the pages come up right and left, taking but a second or less to do so. This stayed for about 15 minutes, then suddenly I was back to the usual. Anyone else ever have this happen? The only thing I can think of what caused it is that most of the other people on my beam had been dropped off for a bit - for whatever reason. Anyhow, I now know what might be possible... 
Photo of Wyngs

Wyngs

• 64 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 468 Posts
  • 302 Reply Likes
If you had just restarted your modem, this can happen initially. Then after a few minutes...yea.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 183 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
It could also be an event caused congestion to be relieved. When I had Viasat I noticed Sunday morning speeds seemed to be way better than the rest of the evening and weekends. I figured it was because most people in my area were doing church activities and not using the internet.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 467 Posts
  • 301 Reply Likes
Agree about Sunday morning. A good time to use the internet!
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2662 Posts
  • 1391 Reply Likes
Honestly, there is no consistency to this service anymore.  Some people on $60 plans get better service than others on $200 plans.  Nothing makes sense anymore.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 444 Posts
  • 286 Reply Likes
I totally agree with you. And that certainly doesn't help Viasat's reputation!
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 797 Posts
  • 492 Reply Likes
I'm one of the lucky ones it seems. I decided to stick with my Freedom plan and it's working fine except for the normal prime time congestion.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 444 Posts
  • 286 Reply Likes
Because of dealer complaints in certain areas no doubt.

Just another issue with Viasat. Not all Freedom plans are created equal.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 797 Posts
  • 492 Reply Likes
I may be one of the rare few on my beam that is on Freedom. None of the Viasat customers I've spoken to are even aware the plan ever existed.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 444 Posts
  • 286 Reply Likes
Glad it still works for you! Others, like myself, didnt have a chance with it.

But I am making due without satellite. So all is good for now.

If i wanted to go back to Viasat there is always $200+/month, 12Mbps (up to), and 65 GB of priority data.

Yea.