Unhappy with service

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: old

Exede means you always excede your data and they can never tell you why. Its always your computer that is the issue never their service. You cancel they close your account so you cannot view your final bill and they will not give you access to it. Their customer service and tech departments is a joke but according them they have a government contract I don't know how with the crap they sold to me. The worst internet bar none. I would never recommend anyone to them and it is the slowest internet slower than dial up. A waste of money.
Photo of Brandy Nicole Tidwell

Brandy Nicole Tidwell

• 6 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Brandy - Give someone a chance to help you. I have had maybe 2 or 3 customers with problems like you are describing and they were all fixable. You probably either have a bad installation or your devices and configurations are slowing you down and eating up data. Post more specifics and if possible some pics of your installation. Please share your city and state.

Brandy Nicole Tidwell

• 6 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Jim, when you call 5 times in I day and you get the same response each time and then you call to cancel your service and the rep doesn't even offer to try and keep your business I find this as poor customer service and now I need my bill to send to my company but my online account was suspended since I cancelled my service but you cannot help me get a copy of the I have to wait on a paper copy which means now I can't turn it in to my company. What frustrates me the most is I paid for this month of service my account should not until next month.
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Therein lies your first problem, Brandy. Don't call, send an email to one of the Exede moderators manning this forum at exedelistens@viasat.com. They'll need your account info.

You'll likely get better service going that route... the reason for that is not so obvious but good luck.

Alternately Jim's suggestion about the other forum below is a good one for the reasons mentioned.           
(Edited)
Photo of postman

postman

• 39 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Old Labs Exede customer service should be constant across the board. Quality first. It really doesnt matter if Brandy is using carrier pigeon...
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Ya think, postman?

Not defending their phone support - suggesting how Brandy might get better service (assuming it is desired).

It is commonplace for many large companies today to outsource their phone and customer support, not to mention administrative details like billing similarly touched upon here.

Most suspect ViaSat does also (neither confirmed nor denied, but the lack of a denial says volumes)   - if you want better support contacting an employee having a vested interest in the company yields better results than contacting a non-employee only interested in his/her contract and sticking to a script. Using that email address will guarantee that you're dealing with an employee.

Capisce?      
(Edited)
Photo of postman

postman

• 39 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Capisce? ROTFLMAO! Really? That sparked a vision of a horse's head in bed. Not quite the image I would want for my company.

If I hear a second langauge accent I hang up. My experience is Third party support is third world quality.

!Comprende!

http://translation.babylon.com/spanish/to-english/comprende/
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Also, Brandy you may find that the forum at http://www.wildblueworld.com/forum is more user friendly as you can send private messages, etc. There are also some very informed users there who don't frequent this forum.
Photo of Kaotic Technologies

Kaotic Technologies

• 281 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
Most folks dont want help. They just want to yell and argue

Brandy Nicole Tidwell

• 6 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
That is correct but after getting the run around over and over and no help you tend to get upset
Photo of postman

postman

• 39 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Brandy, I have cut my Internet usage back so much, I wonder what I am paying for.
Photo of Kaotic Technologies

Kaotic Technologies

• 281 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
I agree brandy customers deserve respect. Also, i agree you should be able to access your bill , account etc.... since you pay a month in advance
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Brandy, I’m sorry to hear about your recent customer service experience I would love to review your account to see how I can assist with any usage or billing questions you may have. Please send an email with your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you. 

Brandy Nicole Tidwell

• 6 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Lindsey, it is pointless now to ask for my account number because I cancelled the service almost a month ago and at the time of cancellation no one from your company cared to even ask me was there anything we can do to change your mind...you don't want to help the customer out but you sure want us to pay our bill on time with no issues. I would think a customer who has been with you over 2 yrs always paid their bill would be one you would want to try and keep. The main reason for posting in this blog is so other people will not waist their time and money on a company who until I posted a problem was not willing to help me because oh no it could never be their issue all their systems were working just fine it had to be MY computer...if you want happy loyal customers your going to have to have better customer service skills. We as customers depend on your people when our system are not running correctly. You need to get more bandwidth to be handle all the customers you have in rural areas since it was so nicely pointed out to me it was my choice to live in a rural area and I had to take what I could get..on another if I pay for 10 gb and I don't use 10 and what I don't use should roll to the next month since I paid for that amount but oh I forget for some reason your service mysteriously uses almost all your Data in the first 5 days so you are forced to purchase more and when you question it you are told you must be watch movies and videos but when your out of town all but 5 days a month it's hard to do that and the computer is with you.
(Edited)
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Brandy, I am truly sorry we did not live up to your expectations, we need to do better. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in any way
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Sadly Brandy the phone support is not the greatest and they don't have all the tools that the 2 employees here have.  Had you come here with your issues rather then just canceling your service you would have found much better help over the phone support.  Their have been many reports on here of data loss and while some are probably customers using up their data unknowingly some have been issues on Exede side and they have taken each case seriously and escalated it to the Engineers to have them look into it to figure out if it was a customer issue or an Exede issue.  As far as the bandwidth they are addressing that issue by launching Viasat-2 next summer to help increase their coverage area and take some of the load off Viasat-1. Though as it stands now even during peak times your speed should not drop below 6-8Mbps download.  So again if you would have come here and asked for help you would have gotten much better results.

Brandy Nicole Tidwell

• 6 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I just found this site last week or I would have already been on here,
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I understand and that is the case most people only find this after many frustrating phone calls to support.
Photo of Russell Deihs

Russell Deihs

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just recently switched from Hughesnet, the worst company in the world, by the way but seem to be experiencing the same issues.I was lured in with the promise of 150 gb per month but was informed upon install that it was not available to me.....wth? Went over my allowance in about 5 days also. At least with Hughes when you went over and were throttled you could still use the internet thru "smart browsing" not with exede
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Russell, I would be more than happy to take a look at your account and see if we can assist with your internet browsing needs, possibly viewing other available packages. Please feel free to send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you 
Photo of Russell Deihs

Russell Deihs

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
why so slow when throttled? I hated hughes net but even when throttled could could get speeds up to 4mbps. That's the fastest I ve seen with exede even during unmetered times. Its supposed to be 12mbps, which has NEVER happened. Also when I was signed up by sales I was told I was getting 12-150 which upon install I was told was not available in my area...wth? I am in Wilmington il
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Russell, I can understand your frustration concerning your throttled speeds. The speeds are reduced once your data limit has been reached. Your service, or certain uses of your service, will be slow or curtailed. For example, streaming videos and music, large file downloads; virtual private networking, voice/video chat, gaming and cloud backup services will not work. Remember that using the Late Night Free Zone or Early Bird Free Zone, the Buy More option or upgrading your service plan are all ways to avoid the significant slowing or restrictions that will result if you use 100% of your data allowance.  For more detailed information your welcome to visit http://www.exede.com/. I would still love to review your account to further assist please foward me your account info if you can. Thank you. 
Photo of Steve Walker

Steve Walker

• 70 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
I am still having data loss.   Been 2 months now.  No explanation for it, All I hear is the same , we will look into it. The problems with the Data loss have been going back atleast a year, year and a half.  I am using my internet so much less now, I am wondering why I bother paying this fee or if its even worth keeping. 

I dont feel I should have to keep repeating my self to anew person over and over. All I feel like I am getting is a run around.  Last cycle I had to buy 3 gigs.  Customer support said they would refund, never did.  I am pretty much done and disgusted with this company. They know there is a real problem yet they wont admit it or help the paying customers.

Brandy Nicole Tidwell

• 6 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I keep hearing the same complaints and the same response to the problem from the company. If you should not call customer service and should email someone to get the service you deserve I think you should have been told that calling was wasting your time and they are rude so you would know the correct form of contact. Really all I am seeing is we really can't do anything for you, it's not our problem and we are not going to tell you why our product is horrible. I'm just saying if your going advertise your the best and fastest then you should be...
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hello Steve, per previous emails, a member of our social media team has contacted you in regards to your data usage activity. I would be more than happy to speak to you concerning this matter if you would like me to. Thank you  
Photo of Steve Walker

Steve Walker

• 70 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
And as I said previously, what New development can you tell me? I will have to go all over things YET again with this being the third person now.  It is not MY data usage that is the problem. Beau already told me that.  Unless you can tell me, and the others that Exede has found the problem and has fixed it, speaking to another "rep" will do no good.  I understand your just doing your job, I have no animosity toward you. the company has a serious issue that needs addressed. Until they do so, they will continue to have unhappy customers and lose more paying customers.

As it stands now, I do not ever recommend this service to anyone I talk to when they ask me how I like it. If the company was serious about addressing this problem, then why has nothing been made public?  Why has no compensation been offered? 

When Exede is serious about fixing the problem, then talk to me. You have my information, you know what is going on., Do not continue to give me a run around please.  Thank you for doing your job, but the issue is higher up then you. Tell your superiors to get on the ball.

I have already filed a complaint with the FCC. They have contacted you. I am awaiting a response from Exede. They have 30 days from 5/12/15 to contact me. Time is ticking.

Photo of Rob Hack

Rob Hack

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I use the free time almost exclusively and still reach 10GB. no one knows where it goes ....

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.