Was told misinformation!!!

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
I am a new customer and was calling to inquire for service.The agent I was speaking had informed me that they were having a promotion on the package I was interested in which was the unlimited plan, usually $150/monthly,but the promotion was $100/monthly plus equipment charges and fees for the first 3 months so I was like awesome!Also he told me that the bill didn't usually come out till half between the billing cycle,but yet I've had service for 4 days and got debited for it but that's another story.Anyways on the subject of mislead info I callup to inquire why my bill was so high they tell me I was charged regular monthly price and the only promo they had right now was the Easycare plan,well when I talking to 1st agent about service I never even heard anything meantioned about (Easy care plan)?Well I asked dont they record everything these days and he said he didn't know if they did on installion calls.well needless to say they didn't fix it and therefore there was never a promo to begin with and I've always been told that the customer is always right, I was in retail for 12 years so I myself have went by that rule.I do not like being lied to in the first place but I am a firm believer in "karma" and it is what it is.Thank you for letting me vent here for a moment and look forward to hearing some of responses on this matter and it has happened before to anyone else?
Thank you and good day!
Photo of Chris Epley

Chris Epley

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • irritated,and

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Leo George Jr

Leo George Jr

• 47 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes
If you can get out , do it. Run.........................don't walk..............
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 524 Posts
  • 200 Reply Likes
Did you go direct to Viasat or through a dealer? Go to Viasat.com and put in your zip code that should tell you what is available as far as promotions.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1890 Posts
  • 1095 Reply Likes
And don't pay for Easycare either. Just another way to get more money out of people, for a service most people never use.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2377 Posts
  • 1446 Reply Likes
Chris,

As Homeskillet suggested, if you signed up directly through ViaSat and NOT through a dealer, go to https://www.viasat.com/internet and enter your zip code.  If your plan is one of the ones shown, and it's showing that introductory three month price, email ViaSat at viasatlistens@viasat.com.  Be sure to include your account number so that they know who you are, and explain what you were told, what actually happened, and what you found on the website.  If you were told that you'd get a three month discount and the site shows that discount available, you should have gotten it.
(Edited)
Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 328 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Always nice to see sales get a bonus for signing someone up to easycare.....
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3542 Posts
  • 1327 Reply Likes
I would double down on Gabe's suggestion of emailing us. We can look at your point of sales, look over your bill, trim it down or whatever needs to be done, sometimes changing a plan will eliminate that discount, but we can fix that.... The thing is it NEEDS to be sent to viasatlistens@viasat.com as that's to our corporate team in Denver anything else goes elsewhere. We'll need your information to be able to further assist and since this is a open and public forum we ask that you email us instead.
(Edited)