WARNING PHISHING EMAIL BEING SENT TO SOME CUSTOMERS

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
If you get an email similar to the one I got today the is not form a Viasat address. Forward it to Viasatlistens@viasat.com and note that it is PHISHING so that they can investigate and get ti stopped.

DO NOT click any links or reply to such emails. Doing so could compromise your Viasat account and/or your bank account or credit card.

PHISHING EMAIL - Links removed:

From: Wildblue Viasat <mollym [AT] bendbroadband [DOT] com>

YOUR MONTHLY BILL

It appears that your payment that we have on file for you was recently declined when we attempted to pay the due invoice(s) on your account.To avoid any interruptions in your service you will need to update your automated payment information online.

To update the payment information on your account:

1. In your browser go to My Account.
2. Enter your main username and password and click the Sign In button.
3. Update Payment Method.
4. Update your Credit Card or eCheck on file and click the Save Settings button.

To update your account click here for
myExede Account Wildblue Account

Alternatively you can go directly to the link below:

Thank You,
The Wildblue/Viasat Internet Team

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 929 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
Thanks for the warning! I'll be sure to check it out! I always check the security and the email address and any emails that are along with it. Thank you once again!
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 904 Posts
  • 472 Reply Likes
Oh, that's a new one.  Thanks for reporting it, Bev!
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2311 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Bev,  Please send an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com with the email attached.  We will send it to the IT security team so they can shut down the web link.  Thanks for the diligence!
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
I did that before I posted the edited version here, @Diana. Second one in two days, i sent them both over, but the other one was only after email accounts information, this one is after financial information too. (Same sender.)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1612 Posts
  • 957 Reply Likes
Interesting.  I've gotten a few similar ones from my own ISP over the last couple of years.  And, of course, I get them from "Microsoft" practically daily.   

"This is to inform you that your request on: 01/10/2019 2:17:20 p.m. to remove your account from microsoft server has been approved and will be initiated one hour from the exact time you open this message."

Whenever I get one of these and read the bold part it makes me think of the famous line, "This tape will self-destruct in five seconds."  :)
(Edited)
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 86 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
I got a tricky one last week from "Wells Fargo"

Looked real and had no (visible) links to click on anywhere
It was a 'survey' to rate their service - with several buttons indicating level of satisfaction

One vote and I would end up somewhere no one wants to go
One of the best phisher mail I have seen
jerks...
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5106 Posts
  • 3149 Reply Likes
How do you know it wasn't real?