Mary Walls

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Briton

Briton

• 18 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Go to your data used on your pc and there should be a buy more box with options. It's $10/mb though
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 399 Posts
  • 356 Reply Likes
As noted, go to your account page. The option to buy more will be there if your plan supports buying more - not all plans provide a buy more option (for example unlimited plans at last check do not). $10 per GB. I believe the Viasat app also supports the buy more option if applicable to your plan.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1781 Posts
  • 1032 Reply Likes
At $10 GB, that won't last very long. Buy and use your data sparingly.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2337 Posts
  • 1425 Reply Likes
$10 per GB?  Oh my!  
Photo of Briton

Briton

• 18 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Old labs I didn't realize all didn't come with that option.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 399 Posts
  • 356 Reply Likes
By not providing a buy more option for unlimited data plans , it avoids having to struggle to provide an answer to the obvious question:

Why do I need to buy more data if I'm on an unlimited data plan????

Then again they may have changed the policy so just check the account page.  But the question still stands ;)

Gabe, theres a special sale going... 10GB for $95 ;)

P.S. Yep, still no buy more on Unlimited Plans see Unlimited Data Policy Q&A at 

https://p.widencdn.net/xhkbdr/unlimited-data-policy

(Edited)
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 470 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
Adding data to my Red Wireless isn't much cheaper it is 5GB for $35.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1781 Posts
  • 1032 Reply Likes
Still a better deal :).
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2415 Posts
  • 478 Reply Likes
Hi Mary, You may need to transition to a higher plan to get more data based on what plan you have.  Send an email to viastlistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information and we will review it for you.
Photo of Markgc

Markgc, Champion

• 359 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Happy New Year Diana
Photo of Brenda Ricketts

Brenda Ricketts

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
With the new world of Streaming will Viasat be offering a better plan with more data any time soon, it sickens me to pay the high rent for Data when my Son gets Cable internet in town for 19.95 a month, Rual area's are being taken advantage of because we don't have other choice's, we all need to right a letter to Congress for fair pricing
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1779 Posts
  • 1029 Reply Likes
For your first question, nope. Nothing going to change until the next satellite launches in 2021 or longer.

As far as your suggestion, good luck with that.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 469 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
Serving rural areas is extremely more expensive per customer than urban, that is fact. At least their are still two satellite internet providers, think of how bad it would be if there were only one?

Do you seriously think Congress really gives a hoot about rural satellite internet customers? The only thing that would get "fair pricing" as you call it would be government subsidies.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2334 Posts
  • 1424 Reply Likes
 we all need to right a letter to Congress for fair pricing
Though geo sat internet prices may be higher than they could be, they will always be considerably higher than terrestrial options.  The per customer cost to provide and maintain geo sat internet is astronomical in comparison.  Congress isn't going to do a thing.