VS2 Modem Lights

• Problem
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • In Progress
Hey Brad!! They just pushed a new firmware to the Spock modem and now all 3 blue lights won’t turn on anymore. Everything is working, but only the circle lights up. The 2 WiFi bars stay off completely. Another user here has also posted the same concern. Please advise! Thanks!
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 330 Posts
  • 95 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 241 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Wonder why it would pick Sunday for this?
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 330 Posts
  • 95 Reply Likes
Was wondering the same thing myself.
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 361 Posts
  • 340 Reply Likes
Sunday has traditional been a day of rest and subject to blue laws ;)

But seriously, is WiFi still working? If concurrent with a firmware update, try poking around in the settings to see if there's a setting to control them. My third party router allows me to turn them off (hardware switch only) - some consider them an annoyance and there's suggestions that blue LEDs in particular have some health impacts.

Really just wanted to bump this to the top of the queue before it moved off the 1st page - perhaps DavidBrowserGuy has a real answer or at least be made aware of it.        
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 330 Posts
  • 95 Reply Likes
Everything is working fine. But the WiFi lights not turning on anymore definitely started with the last firmware update. Appreciate the bump.
Photo of R J Lemonds

R J Lemonds

• 6 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Same problem only blue circle light. No wifi bars light.
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 361 Posts
  • 340 Reply Likes
(Edited)
Photo of R J Lemonds

R J Lemonds

• 6 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
I called them and they said i had a outage. Then they hung up on me.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 330 Posts
  • 95 Reply Likes
@RJ, that’s pitiful. Also Brad doesn’t seem to be replying either. What gives???
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 330 Posts
  • 95 Reply Likes
@RJ, that’s pitiful. Also Brad doesn’t seem to be replying either. What gives???
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5103 Posts
  • 3149 Reply Likes
I am sure it will pass.
Photo of JC Chastain

JC Chastain

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
same experience here, tech support online agent said I needed a 95 dollar service call, or to add easy care, and advised me to call customer support to add this feature, then when I called they informed be of an outage in the area and disconnected....does the right hand not know what the left hand reports or is it an elaborate ruse to get more hard earned dollars for their clearly inferior service and product????
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 313 Posts
  • 93 Reply Likes
So two of you have been told of an outage? Yet isn’t your service working fine just like mine? Just 2 lights out?
Photo of R J Lemonds

R J Lemonds

• 6 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
It is working now. I have internet
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 313 Posts
  • 93 Reply Likes
Are all 3 lights back RJ?
Photo of R J Lemonds

R J Lemonds

• 6 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Yes
Photo of DS Swedeen

DS Swedeen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
They scheduled me for a service call on Friday. Woke up this morning and have internet again with one blue power circle.They are very clueless and i have had nothing but lies and problems from them.I would sincerely would not recommend there service. 
Photo of JC Chastain

JC Chastain

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
As of this morning, still only blue circle no bars on gateway, WiFi works but slow, app reports poor weather conditions causing connectivity issues on their end, absolutely no consistency and no answers regarding modems sudden loss of lights... and last night it was improper hardware alignment on my end according to the app....yet outage by phone and online agent in chat couldn’t have been a better salesperson trying to sling easycare...on already overpriced and under serviced contracts for we rural folks with limited options...looks like they may get another 8.99 a month so I can have the other 110 dollars worth of service....
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 313 Posts
  • 93 Reply Likes
Why aren’t any Viasat employees replying to us??? Brad? Anyone???
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3324 Posts
  • 1246 Reply Likes
Sorry Nathan. This was buried on Sunday (or posted after hours and just didn't see it in the Monday chaos).  As far as I know there's not an outage so we'd need to troubleshoot. Are you able to get on ok? I had someone with this a week or two ago and they simply reset the modem to clear it up. Either case if it's still going on which it sounds like it is, call our tech support team at 855-463-9333
Photo of R J Lemonds

R J Lemonds

• 6 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
That's weird that they told me there was outages.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 313 Posts
  • 93 Reply Likes
With so many people just in this small group reporting the problem you would think it is widespread. I also observed this started after the last firmware update. Can you please ask around? Or at least let the engineers know that they made this mistake on the last firmware.
Photo of DAVE  W4DRA

DAVE W4DRA

• 142 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Brad Yes there was an outage yesterday. I am still having problems. My pings are 2 times higher than normal. Slow response and not being able to reach sites.
Photo of R J Lemonds

R J Lemonds

• 6 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Im having the same problem again blue circle no bars... internet but really slow and high ping....
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 313 Posts
  • 93 Reply Likes
I still only have the blue circle. But everything operating perfectly.
Photo of JC Chastain

JC Chastain

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Still same here, no bars...slow unreliable connectivity...tried everything on my end including , restarts, factory reset, and even disabling router and using my own but didn’t really speed things at all nor correct the bar problem that has been nagging since that update....guess they will get their easycare money out of me after all because I haven’t had reliable streaming at all this period...not to mention the time everything is taking....very frustrated
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1085 Posts
  • 155 Reply Likes
@JC Chastain

Maybe CSRs get a bonus for every customer signed up for "easy care." 

I know nothing here...my service is not thru Viasat, but a Coop...different business methods.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2311 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
I will contact our network team to see if there is an issue and report back to you all.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2311 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi all, Thank you for posting your issue about the modem. I received a response about the issue.  It is a known issue and is being actively worked on.   It will not affect service.  
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 330 Posts
  • 95 Reply Likes
Thank you Diana!!!
Photo of JC Chastain

JC Chastain

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Came home tonight after dinner and lights were back on and everything is fine....thank you Diana because you truly seemed to be the catalyst and at very least helped me to stop thinking that it was an issue that viasat wouldn't acknowledge as such!!!
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1085 Posts
  • 155 Reply Likes
@JC Chastain.....Came home....and lights were back on

Is Tom Bodett for Motel 6, now working for Viasat?   "...and we'll leave the light on for you."

Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 330 Posts
  • 95 Reply Likes
Thanks for the firmware update! .72 fixed the lights!
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5108 Posts
  • 3150 Reply Likes
We can all rest easy now :). At least until the next update! Lol
Photo of DAVE  W4DRA

DAVE W4DRA

• 146 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Mine are working again now to, but the service went bad again. 1350-3000ms ping times. I think I am on beam 72 on VS2 not sure though.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 330 Posts
  • 95 Reply Likes
Sounds like you need a peak and point.