Video data extender

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
On my Freedom plan it now says there is a Video Data Extender which "optimizes" my streaming at 480p. I realize this "benefit" is part of the unlimited plans, but when did it get applied to Freedom? And how can I disable it? Thanks.
Photo of Thomas

Thomas

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 948 Posts
  • 293 Reply Likes
Try this 

https://www.exede.com/video-data-extender/

Looks like it toggles on and off.
Photo of Thomas

Thomas

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 655 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
This is a brand new feature that is being implemented in waves, starting today!  The link Bradley posted will explain what's going on.
Photo of Dan White

Dan White

• 78 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
When I checked my plan from the dashboard it looks like my Freedom Plan is being optimized with the video,data extender but don't see anywhere to toggle it off or on.  Where do I look for such a switch?
Photo of Dave Eicher

Dave Eicher

• 130 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
I have no control over it what so ever. I cannot move the toggle either way. It shows OFF but appears to be ON.
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 333 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
I talked to an installer I know and had him check my account on the eSVT tool that is still available to installers.  It showed the video data extender was enabled, even though Dashboard showed it off.  After he toggled the extender off and back on using the eSVT tool, I was able to use the toggle on Dashboard to control the toggle.
Photo of Dave Eicher

Dave Eicher

• 130 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
I guess we are still some time away from a new eSVT tool?
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 650 Posts
  • 278 Reply Likes
Dave, 

Send us an email please!  If there's an issue with the Extender, we want as many examples as we can get! 
ExedeListens@viasat.com
Photo of Dave Eicher

Dave Eicher

• 130 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
No real complaint, just that it does not show it as ON in my Excede Dashboard and I cannot turn it on even though I have been told it is ON.