Viasatlistens is a complete joke!

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
What good is viasatlistens if they don’t solve anything??? Twice now my case has been closed with no reply to my intial reply to them. Just created my third case with them. Each time they suggest something that doesn’t work and when you reply to their email to tell them the outcome either the case is closed or they close the case after your follow up notifying them your problem isn’t solved, without bothering to acknowledge that you even notified them of your continued issue. I’m really strongly starting to feel that viasats policy is to just ignore problems. Tech support never calls you back like they say they will and viasatlistens closes unresolved cases. There are issues with the VS2 modem and apparently there is nobody that you can report them to that remotely cares. The level one techs are a complete joke and would easily be replaced by a recording that just says reset your modem on repeat. Pretty frustrated overall with all of this.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 439 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack

• 854 Posts
  • 761 Reply Likes
Glad YOU said that and not ME....otherwise I'd get another call telling me to tone it down. 

As a retailer AND installer, I don't get to hide....people can walk right into my store and talk to me face to face. My customers pretty much really like dealing with me because I don't sugar coat anything.....if there's an issue I tell them. They may not like what I tell them but they KNOW that I'm being honest with them. 

BTW, I just copied your post and am emailing it to a few folks I know who might find it interesting. 

Andy
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3177 Reply Likes
I thought things were working well for you Nathan. Did this degradation start recently?
Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack

• 854 Posts
  • 761 Reply Likes
Certain VS2 customers....not all and even of those, not all the time, are experiencing problems with the modem basically locking up......the lights indicate NO problem but you can't connect via wifi or ethernet. The only solution is a reboot or what I call, a power cycle, NOT a reset. 

I'm not here during the weekdays unless I'm grabbing something to eat for lunch which is extremely rare so I don't get to keep up with the issue during the day but my Wife mentioned yesterday that it got so bad that she just turned the wifi off on her phone and used mobile data. 

Andy
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3177 Reply Likes
So it happens on the big and small beams of Viasat-2?

Sounds like firmware updates are needed. And engineers need to study modem logs to see what is going on. I mean how hard is it to enlist some customers to do this? Give them a free month in return or something. All new tech has bugs, but what HAS gone right with Viasat-2? Well, they didnt spill cleaning solution on it! Then again, maybe that would have helped keep the antenna problem from happening.
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 439 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
What Andy said. Modem is on, lights are all blue. Viasat app diagnostics say modem and network are good. Network list has all WiFi and wired devices listed and detected as functional. But absolutely no data will flow to or from any connected device. Being away from home as much as I am has made me completely dependent on the reboot function of the Viasat app. And yes your right it’s a firmware thing. Because the Viasat app can communicate with the modem just fine you know it’s connected to the satellite. It’s definitely a router issue. And yes big and small beams are effected. That’s why I strongly believe it’s a router issue. Not a satellite issue. But if nobody cares, and nobody will listen it will never be addressed.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 439 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
Everything is fine except the “lock up” issue and for me the issue only happens after the signal is lost to bad weather. Once the modem reconnects after the storm passes is when the detected attached devices cant send or receive any data. On a side note there are also some issues with the modem properly labeling the attached devices. Some scrambled names, and some wired devices being detected as wireless with a bad signal strength. But that’s cosmetic and of no concern compared to the bigger issue. And for the record my modem has already been replaced and it operates exactly like the original one. Speaking of labeling the devices, it sees an iPhone as 2 different devices if you have a pending iOS update. That was confirmed by a moderator here. Once you install the update it goes back to one device.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1356 Posts
  • 443 Reply Likes
Nathan,

I don’t have it myself, but if I had problems like you, I’d get easy care and wear the local installer out until it was resolved. I’m not sure how anyone gets anywhere with customer service calls.

Might be worth a few bucks in your situation.

Edit: I see now your modem has already been replaced. May not help after all.
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 439 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
I have easy care. Was forearmed for the bugs of the new system.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3177 Reply Likes
Can you just use your own router instead? Will it work right all the then?
Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack

• 854 Posts
  • 761 Reply Likes
No...not in my case at least. I can hook my laptop directly into the modem and can't even pull up the modem page.

Andy
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 439 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
I wouldn’t think your own router would work because when this anomaly occurs all devices whether WiFi or wired receive and send no data. So a router would be blocked just like any other device.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3177 Reply Likes
I didn't catch it was wired devices too. Yeah. That is a problem!
Photo of skipbo2015

skipbo2015

• 37 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Folks we must realize that anytime we sign a contract with a company, legally binding us to pay them no matter what, it will ALWAYS mean that tech support and customer service will be bad.  Why?  Because customer service for a company is all money going out and since they legally already have our money and our debit cards and the law says we must pay, there is no motivation to improving customer serivce.  They contract it out to the cheapest bidder, whether they are in India, US or Mexico and can't wait to make it all automated so they can stop the expensive process of having a real person answer the phone.   There's just no money in it.  You're calling to get something more from them when you've already paid for what they legally promised you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.