Viasat

• Idea
  • Updated 8 months ago
I have had this service for at least 16 years. I can't wait to get another company. They have been milking me dry for years. I pay $109 per month for 18GB. I will be able to bundle my phone, internet and tv for that same price to include 100GB
Photo of Brenda Monette

Brenda Monette

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
I'm glad you're getting a land based internet option. Best of luck and enjoy it.

For many of us Viasat is our best option and, we are happy with our service. I'd jump on land based 100 Mbps in a hurry too, if I could but, that isn't an option for me, nor for many Viasat customers.
Photo of Brian

Brian, Champion

• 296 Posts
  • 216 Reply Likes
Brenda, I wonder why you've stayed with a company that's milking you dry for 16 years. That seems irrational.

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Has Wildblue/Exede/Viasat been around 16 years? The answer maybe yes, but barely. Satellite internet itself has been around for 22 or 23 odds years, and Direcpc and shortly thereafter Starband were the players back in the day.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3130 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
WildBlue's first satellite launched in 2004. The next year, Wildbluebegan delivering internet services to people in the rural U.S. who had no access to faster forms of internet connectivity. In 2009, WildBlue was acquired by Viasat, which was planning to launch a revolutionary new satellite.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
So the answer is "no", she hasn't had it for 16 years.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2759 Posts
  • 1436 Reply Likes
She should switch to dialup. I hear it is faster than Viasat.