VIASAT- the greatest lie and disappointment of my 24 years

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
VIASAT IS THE WORST! I tried to cancel my service, paid the $300 early termination fee, had my husband climb up our previous home to take off the parts of the satellite they required be returned, and I still was charged 3 extra months. I was told I would receive a refund and when I called to ask why I hadn’t received, the teller person said “it’s because they deemed it as no verified”. After talking once a month for over an hour I still haven’t received any true verification that my issue was resolved. I can only hope that no one else is tricked into this horrible service. DO NO USE THEM!!! I’m literally telling every single person in my family (I’ve told half and Thanksgiving is coming up!) that this is the worst service and experience I’ve ever received with any “company” I’ve ever worked with.
Photo of ashtonbtalbot@gmail.com

ashtonbtalbot@gmail.com

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • INFURIATED AND DISAPPOINTED

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of DDerbykins

DDerbykins

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
ME TOO!!! I was moving and called to set a date to have my service disconnected. It went off while I was still on the phone with them. I asked if he shut me off because I needed the serviced for a few more days to sign papers for the new house. He said "Oh no ma'am, I wouldn't do that." Well, he did. I called back within 5 minutes and they said they couldn't just reconnect me. I had to set up a whole NEW account which included a $70 NEW deposit. I had been a customer for years.  They said I wouldn't be charged for it and I said "oh yes I will, you just watch." They promised to keep an eye on it and in case I was charged they would remove it. I moved over a year and a half ago and they still refuse to refund my money. I spoke to several people and not one would help me out. I know they record these conversations and they knew perfectly well what happened. They just ripped me off any way. AND I am 67 years old and I too had to crawl up on the roof to remove the equipment. They HAD to send the box to return it to the new address so I had to bring it with me on the move. How dumb!!!
Photo of Stan N Dorothy

Stan N Dorothy

• 25 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
They did basically the same to me when I put account in hybernation because I was moving then wanted me to start a new 24 month agreement..yeah right glad I cancelled the debit card they had on file.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1620 Posts
  • 942 Reply Likes
Viasat cancellation experiences. Never gets old reading the nightmares people experience cancelling the service!
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3520 Posts
  • 1321 Reply Likes
Official Response
Please email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com. We can look into this and apply the appropriate refunds if valid. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.