Viasat sucks

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Have you been getting my $70 month?

Losers.
Photo of yourguytim

yourguytim

• 139 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
  • sad

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2180 Reply Likes
Have you been getting my $110 a month?

Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
No, but I'd be glad to enroll in Zelle if anybody wants to send me some money.
(Edited)
Photo of yourguytim

yourguytim

• 139 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
That’s still a kind of a rip off but better than what I get.
Photo of Mary Haynes

Mary Haynes

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Vista does suck. I pay $110.95 it's the slowest ever I wish I had done my homework.
Photo of Doreen Raia

Doreen Raia

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Viasat sucks - don't use them - their speeds are ridiculously slow
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 479 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Amen
Photo of mark

mark

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Now enjoy all the nerds telling you to stop complaining ,  bev,  and voyager are stupid as hell , they think you complain because you rely on the govt to much , what a couple  idiots sitting in their basements and trying to feel important.  bottom line , Viasat sucks , 
Photo of Louis DiCapua Sr

Louis DiCapua Sr

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Damn right !! Viasat sucks big time...very slow startup and it ain't no wireless high speed crap !!
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2009 Posts
  • 1227 Reply Likes
It's not the weekend until...  SMH.  
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3131 Posts
  • 2015 Reply Likes
Seems like the weekends are now every day of the week.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1026 Posts
  • 623 Reply Likes
I am only on here for the entertainment!
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2769 Posts
  • 1442 Reply Likes
Have you been using up your priority data?
Photo of yourguytim

yourguytim

• 139 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
No, actually. Just restarted. I guess they forgot to un throttle me.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3131 Posts
  • 2015 Reply Likes
Please help me. I cannot find the "Ignore all of yourguytim's posts".
Photo of yourguytim

yourguytim

• 139 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Just don’t look at them, just like I usually don’t look at yours.
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2769 Posts
  • 1442 Reply Likes
I wish people could put me on ignore.
Photo of James Besser

James Besser

• 105 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
that be nice mr rice too do so what steve say ignore the guy. you 2 are acting like little kids yourguytim and you
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 479 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
1.0 mbps, can't watch my game, thanks so much Viacrap
Photo of yourguytim

yourguytim

• 139 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
This man is a legend
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 479 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
The man, the myth, the legend (in his own mind)
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 51 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
No complaints here...
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 51 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
i was wondering... how come tim spake has his original account... but yet... this username is called yourguytim...

it's basically the same person. cause tim spake replies to this users post. not only that... if viasat really wanted to know if both of them are the same users... all viasat has to do is see if the IP address is coming from the same place. when created the original account and the same account.

hmmm... its kinda hard to explain it... but ummm... i can see how viasat can do that with a program and all the coding for that and IP address... ugh... its too hard to even explain... :l well... some of yall will know what Imma talking about anyways :3

BUT!!! i know viasat wouldnt do that... cause its against the users private policy and also viasat has agreements. not do to that unless it is very necessary and stuff.

ANYWAYS!!! just thought id ask and tell yall guys about this :3 sorry if i couldn't explain it that good ;-; i can see it very clearly... but ummm... it's hard to explain it :l so sorry ;-;

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Despite some similarities I don't think Tim Spake and yourguytim are the same - the yourguytim account appears to be dead now. Tim Spake is actually much smarter!

Viasat's pretty much at the mercy of what GetSatisfaction provides.

As for me, you may also know me as @Dances with Woofs from a few months back when I couldn't sign in as Old Labs after accidentally closing my account or was it intentional in a fit of rage? I forget. It led to some speculation that I'd been banned - I wasn't but maybe I should be.
(Edited)

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
hmmm yeah i guess your right. i had to create a 2nd account a few months back also XD but... it was with a google account... not getstatisfactions :3

also... you closed it by accident with a missed clicking... but also... how can one misclick on something if they already know what was going to happen with the account...

soooo basically... you intentionally closed it... cause you didnt want the championship status... but then again... you mustve had the old labs account closed down for so many days. until you was able to login onto your original account. due to not being able to login when viasat forums was having that issue.

that is my answer to that last question of yours :3
Photo of Dances With Woofs

Dances With Woofs

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
No actually as I recall I accidentally hit the delete link rather than the close button. One can recover on there own from the close button but not the delete link - I believe a moderator intervened. Yes you're right, I do self-remove Champion status for reasons previously discussed - but the moderators know enough not to award it again. It only allowed me to get a small McCafe for $2. 

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
sooo... basically... you are a moderate on the forums and work alongside viasat. but yet... dont want peoples to know... am i correct???

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
No you're incorrect. I am not a Viasat employee.

I would simply like to avoid being called a shill based solely on someone's incorrect interpretation of the Champion status. I would prefer to engage in reasoned arguments rather than name calling, but will hit back hard when that happens.

Read my replies and you find I criticize Viasat when warranted offering blind allegiance to nobody - many with the Champion status do also. 

I believe however there is one customer here who does have some minimal moderation privileges to prevent newcomers here from posting personal details in a public forum.
(Edited)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
However as asked, yes I might be a "moderate" - some where in between the lunatic fringes ;)
(Edited)

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
oh i see now ok ok ok. i am sorry. i am glad you corrected me on that correct information and provided me a valid reason and i must thank you so much for that.

also... i already know who that one person is cause they were able to delete my reply/comment. i also saw there username also. so basically... it is Bev who can do that... or there is no one and i can just be jumping to conclusions without facts... hmmmm... mhmmm...

but also... Stephen Rice is also working for viasat or it can be a completely different or imma just assuming things... also just jumping to conclusions just like with bev... hmmm... mhmmmm...

THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW!!!
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2004 Posts
  • 1221 Reply Likes
Deku,

yourguytim became Bill Ross when the former profile was removed (banned or self removed).  With that said, either he relaxed, moved on, or is under a different name now, as Bill Ross hasn't posted in a while.  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2004 Posts
  • 1221 Reply Likes
Deku,

yourguytim became Bill Ross when the former profile was removed (banned or self removed).  With that said, either he relaxed, moved on, or is under a different name now, as Bill Ross hasn't posted in a while.  

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
I think Bill Ross morphed into somebody else that shows up on occasion ;)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2004 Posts
  • 1221 Reply Likes
Double post.  Great way to start the day!  NOT!!!  LOL.  

Stephen Rice is definitely not a ViaSat employee.  I'm 99.9% sure that Bev is not, either.  And I'm also 99.9% sure that no non-employees have moderator abilities on this Support Community. 

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
I just replied to prevent you from removing it (sometimes you can before anyone replies) - do you repeat yourself often?
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2004 Posts
  • 1221 Reply Likes
Nah.  ROFLMAO!!!

If the latter one posts a second or more later it can be removed, but if it posts at the same time (same second) it can't.  Or not by me, anyway.  

Looks like a mod removed it, though.  Thanks, mystery mod!  :) 
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
I can confirm with 100% certainty Bev is not a Viasat employee.

Stephen is just a Viasat shill who begged and clawed for renewed champion status. He also gets to be on a magic beam.

There are not many of us here that go back to Exede's inception. Myself, I go back to the inception of residential satellite internet. So I have been around the block a few times with it.

Yea. Advertising was stretching the truth of satellite internet even back then!
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2004 Posts
  • 1221 Reply Likes
"at speeds up to 14 times faster than a 28.8 modem!"  

Gotta love it!  It sounds funny now.  

---------------------------------------
Looks like a mod removed it, though.  Thanks, mystery mod!  :) 
It's there again.  How odd.  Maybe the system was playing tricks on me.  
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3448 Posts
  • 1290 Reply Likes
Not sure why this old thread got dug up but as we've stated a great many times in the past the ONLY employees with Viasat will be identified as such and they are the only ones that will be able to remove comments or portions of posts (ie: if someone posts a phone number or card number or something like that). Champions are customers that were picked by the moderators and given the extra flair. Nothing really comes with it save for a "Champions Only lounge" for small talk and such which has gathered a lot of dust (maybe we shouldn't have cheapened out on the appetizers) 
(Edited)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
I blame Doreen ;)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2004 Posts
  • 1221 Reply Likes
"Champions Only Lounge"?  I had no idea such existed.  Interesting.  

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
It's where you all go to laugh at us behind our backs ;)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2004 Posts
  • 1221 Reply Likes
Oh, heck.  I don't need a separate lounge for that!  J/K!!!!  :)  

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
I prefer the "Unaffiliated Shills who do it for free" lounge myself.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2004 Posts
  • 1221 Reply Likes
I bet!  LOL.  :) 
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
With Direcpc in 1996 I had the fastest internet in the county!

Alas, the digital divide closed and passed me by.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2004 Posts
  • 1221 Reply Likes
Heck, when I got my first PC, which was a gift to myself and my ex from my former in-laws, it had a 56K modem. I thought it was blazing when compared to my former brother in law's 14.4K system.  

The first thing I ever did on my computer, besides setting it up, was to download the original South Park clip.  I did it to see how much faster my system would download the clip vs his.  

The first computer I ever bought myself was an e-Machines 366i.  I took advantage of the instant $400 off rebate by signing up for three years of MSN dialup.  It was a great computer, and the floppy drive related CAS that happened in 2012/2013 enabled me to get my Acer notebook for free.  It pays to register your products.  :)  
(Edited)
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 479 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I have never posted as nor do I know who is "yourguytim"  What point would there be in that? You have my real name and picture. My poor service is due to beam congestion and there is nothing that can be done. What I dont like is the misrepresentation and flat out lies that I have gotten from Exede and Viasat over the last 3 years as to why I have such bad service. The whopper was one customer service rep telling me he had switched me to new sat before it was even active. Wonder why my speed didnt improve?
Photo of Viacrap

Viacrap

• 38 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
It’s just that they can’t handle the truth spreaders.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2769 Posts
  • 1442 Reply Likes
I'm a Viasat shill.  Frankly, I'm surprised I didn't get banned when I posted a picture of the Viasat installation team last year.  The powers that be liked it and returned me to chapion status for some reason.

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Desperation?
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2769 Posts
  • 1442 Reply Likes
Beats me. I was honestly just having fun and they gave me champion status again.

I planned to have another thread titled “30 days of complaints” but the powers that be put an end to it real quick.

I’m just glad people don’t think I’m racist anymore. I hate Illinois Nazis.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
One if the greatest movies ever!

Stephen is a Viasat shill, because he is on a mission from God.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2769 Posts
  • 1442 Reply Likes
There's 22,230 miles to Viasat 1, I’ve used up my priority data, I’m on the Liberty Pass, it's primetime, and I’m on a magic beam.

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
You forgot to mention you were wearing sunglasses.!

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Enjoy the magic beam while it lasts... I just heard there's an influx of Californians to Louisiana in search of High Speed Internet - they're following the roadside signs planted at each intersection.

Or was that Californians to Texas in search of lower taxes and affordable housing? My hearing's going bad also - so I tend to hear what I want to hear these days.

Either way they're apparently headed in your direction, so gird your loins.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.