Viasat Speed Test Still isnt Fixed Brad

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
It's Been over a year or maybe 2 years Brad was suppose to let someone know, The License has expired http://speedtest.via-satellite.net/ Please have someone renew it!
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 317 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 351 Posts
  • 140 Reply Likes
Why would you trust a Viasat speed test?
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 317 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Because when It worked it worked good for me
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1589 Posts
  • 931 Reply Likes
Just trying to understand. What was so unique about this link versus speedtest.net or testmy.net? Was there something special about this link?

Given speed tests all over the map, at different locations and at different times of the day, I can understand why Viasat would want to de-emphasize speed tests. Some users get very acceptable speeds, others, depending on time of day and location, get tests in the toilet!
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 319 Posts
  • 282 Reply Likes
It's the preferred speed test site shown in the Viasat Installation and Service Call Standards to be used after provisioning.

It's also Flash based so will be biting the dust as Flash is deprecated in more and more browsers and retired by Adobe.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1589 Posts
  • 931 Reply Likes
Speedtesr.net is yes. I was just wondering if the link the OP referenced is something more unique and if so why?
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 319 Posts
  • 282 Reply Likes
No speedtest.via-satellite.net is the preferred site listed in the Viasat Installation and Service Call Standards - not speedtest.net. That's the only thing special about it - it's flash based and flash has long been recognized as less accurate than HTML5.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1589 Posts
  • 931 Reply Likes
Still don't understand the difference, but I don't really care and apparantly Viasat doesn't either if it hasn't worked for months.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2235 Posts
  • 1365 Reply Likes
It probably said ViaSat somewhere on the test page.  ;)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2239 Posts
  • 1365 Reply Likes
It's possible that they're no longer bothering with it. 
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 317 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Yeah Maybe, But if that was the case they should delete the URL completely
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2409 Posts
  • 474 Reply Likes
Hello All, here is the link to test Viasat Satellite Internet Service. 
https://help.viasat.com/internet/articles/General/How-to-test-your-internet-speed

I will look into the other link. If it is not being used, I'll see if we can delete it.
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3519 Posts
  • 1320 Reply Likes
Confirmation that site died during the summer. For now it's recommended to go to www.speedtest.net