Viasat Plans are pure lies. Don't upgrade to Platinum 100, you get the same crap as the lowest plan.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Everything about their offering is a lie. I have the Platinum 100 Package. Speeds up to 50mbps. Its a joke. I have never seen over 12. When you go over the 100 gig, you are basically shut off. They don't prioritize and leave you with at least 5-6 mpbs so you can stream one device, NO they take you to .05. May as well disconnect. I have been a customer for 6 month and I cannot say even one good thing about Viasat.
Photo of Steve Brady

Steve Brady

• 3 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Steve Brady

Steve Brady

• 3 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I intend to spend the rest of the days remaining in my plan month sharing on every blog and consumer review site I can find. Maybe they will pay me to leave.
Photo of Courtney Paige

Courtney Paige

• 1 Post
  • 4 Reply Likes
I have to agree! Same exact issue with mine!
Photo of Shawn Barker Davenport

Shawn Barker Davenport

• 10 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
They suck!!!! You dont get ANY answers from them. My internet renews on the 4th, and week and a half I was ALREADY out of internet. I called and thr guy said I used 32 gig in one day!!!! LIKE HOW?? so he said they would investigate and see why. I never got a response, no call, no email, no NOTHING telling me why, or what is sucking up my internet. So I called them back and I wanted to know the answer and of course the minimal English speaking "techs" they have had no clue. I said I needed to know why my internet was gone so quick after all the money I have shelled out and her response was........" to eliminate your problem you need to upgrade to their unlimited plan and sign another 2 year agreement." I said id never sign another agreement with them! Not like the care cause this company is crooked as hell!!!
Photo of Anna Bales

Anna Bales

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have been a customer for 13 years. I paid $70 a month for 13 years to get a few hours of data when my grandkids were over and if it was me who used the data it would be for 2 and a half movies on Netflix. That’s like 4 hours. $70 a month for 4 hours of data for 13 years. I called the other day and the agent said, (I quote), “Wow. You’ve been a customer for thirteen years. Impressive. And we don’t even offer the plan you’re on. And you e been paying a pretty penny”. I upgraded and have actually been on my computer every day for almost a month now. The kids are able to play their games all day and it costs me $100 a month. I actually thought they were going to credit me for my giving them all that money for nothing. Anyway ...NOT. well my Netflix just quit so I hope its not over. The agent told me I shouldn’t slow down because she sees people without use 2 tb and not slow down.
(Edited)
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 263 Posts
  • 181 Reply Likes
HAHAHA  We have Exede voice also!  Customer service is a JOKE!  Reading off their list ... "Unplug the modem for 10 seconds, then plug it back in"  "We have Exede voice, unplugging the modem will drop this call" "OK, I will reset it from this end"  CLICK!   Call back again and start over with someone new and go through it all over again!  Now we simply call during regular hours and demand to be put through to advanced tech support, the "front line" call takers are morons.

Years back we called constantly about slow speeds, regular speeds of 2 - 5 Mbps, little more than our restricted speeds of 1 - 4 Mbps, same reply every time, "We can find nothing wrong, we are sending a tech out"  Of course ALWAYS OUR FAULT!  Someone was here every month, sometimes twice a month!  They re positioned and adjusted the dish I cant count how many times.  Replaced our dish, our wiring, OUR MODEM, one tech even used my chain saw and cut down half a dozen scrub trees he "thought" might be blocking the signal ... NOTHING!  Finally the last tech sat down with me and EXPLAINED the "congestion" issue, the reason for it, the delays with VS2s launch, Viasats refusal to admit any of it, and said once it FINALLY gets up, EVERYTHING WILL BE BETTER.   

BOY WAS HE WRONG!!

Ironically, customer supports answer to everything ... send a tech out, just happened to be when they started charging $95 a whack for tech calls!  Call about repeated unexplained data loss and get told we dont have enough data, we need to upgrade to "the new unlimited plan" ???  Customer service??  Seems more like a sales staff whose job is not to "help" customers, its to con them into spending more money and locking them into new contracts!  They just keep taking our money and NOTHING GETS "FIXED" !!!
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 539 Posts
  • 347 Reply Likes
Get whatever VOIP product you want and save money. Exede Voice is overpriced.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 810 Posts
  • 497 Reply Likes
Better yet, if your cell provider supports WiFi calling/texting just turn on the feature on your cellphone and use it as your home phone. It's free.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 539 Posts
  • 347 Reply Likes
Indeed it is. 

Exede Voice and Easy Care.  Two things that cost Viasat little money to provide, but generate a lot of revenue all the same. 
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 291 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
I sat here writing out this long rant, then said  WHO CARES? and started over.  I went into restriction this morning, no notification AGAIN!  And in an hour or so when the kiddies start getting home from school I wont be able to do anything on here.  Its ok, my billing cycle ends today so tomorrow everything resets.

It just sucks, paying good money for "high speed internet" which is anything but "high speed" then having to watch EVERYTHING you do because if you go over data, you pretty much have no internet.

I know the service could be better, Ive been with this company since it was Wildblue and I know the service WAS better.  Viasat is a deceitful company with no respect or regard for their subscribers.

Its sad that my hatred of Hughesnet is the only thing keeping me here.  As soon as something else becomes available, ANYTHING else becomes available here I AM GONE!