Viasat is terrible

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
Every time I try to login to the via set site that lets you change your Viasat Internet password it quadruples my password then locks me out via sat is crap
Photo of Shelly King

Shelly King

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
I no longer have Viasat, but I remember never using a password.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2394 Posts
  • 470 Reply Likes
Shelly,  I'm sorry you are having issues with the password.  Please contact Customer Care ate 855.463.9333.  They can reset it for you
Photo of Steven

Steven

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Viasat IS the worst ever. First my satellite got thrown out of whack when I had a new roof put on my house. To fix the problem Viasat wanted to charge me $95 for a technician to come out and realign the dish, that would have taken a while five minutes. Then my modem got fried after a thunderstorm and when I called for a replacement the $95 charge was suddenly gone. But when the technician showed up to install the new modem he says he's got to have the old one before he can install the new one. Back on the phone with Viasat again and they say they don't need the old modem. Set up a new service call and the technician never shows up. Come to find out, the technicians and Viasat are in an argument about whether or not the old modem needs to be returned. Three weeks of this garbage and no internet. Three days of no work because I'm having to wait for a technician that never shows up. Had my last gut full of Viasat BS today, disconnected my service. Moving on to a better, cheaper provider. Never do business with Viasat.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3130 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
Why do you think that it is Viasat's fault that you had your roof replaced, requiring a reinstall of your dish? And why is it Viasat's fault that your modem got damaged in a lightning storm?

If you  have found a cheaper ISP, why did you not go with them in the first place?
Photo of Steven

Steven

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yea, you missed the point.
Photo of Steven

Steven

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
At no point in any of this did I blame Viasat for my dish being out of alignment or for my modem being fried by a lightning strike. Their inability to correct the problem and their inability to communicate clearly with their contractors is why I left Viasat. Nice try though.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 981 Posts
  • 607 Reply Likes
Your point was frustration in getting the problems resolved quickly and efficiently.

But move on and be happy with an internet provider you are satisfied with!
Photo of Steven

Steven

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have. ✌️
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 981 Posts
  • 607 Reply Likes
To what may I ask?
Photo of Steven

Steven