Viasat is not a good service for rural areas. Especially Central Missouri.

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
Viasat is not a good service for rural areas. Especially Central Missouri. Their customer service was the poorest customer service we have ever received. The fact that we wanted their service and the fact that even their tech said the service is not working after trying to install the service for over 7 hours and then the Viasat tech from their office in another country says from their side they show we have an excellent or even normal signal is insane. Please, the signal is not even close to a reasonable signal. Upload speeds of 644 kbps to 1.6 mbps and download of 1 mbps to ever so often 2.6 mbps. Viasat please send a person from your offices out here to my home and test it. Then I would like an apology for your lack of belief and lack of understanding. The fact that I want your service or any satellite service and when I do not get coverage you act as if I am lying is preposterous. Why would I want you to drill a hole in the side of my house and suffer through seven hours of pleading and begging for your service to work and then cancel it the very next morning. The reason why is simple the satellite service did not work - period. Then to say you are going to charge me an early cancellation fee when I cancelled the service the very next morning after ten hours of testing it. Get some common sense people.
Photo of Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Past the point of dissatisfied

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1217 Posts
  • 755 Reply Likes
That is on par with how Viasat performed for me for several years. I don't think there is a problem.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
I am in Central Virginia which is notorious for poor Viasat service. In 8 years of having Viasat and rarely going over my priority data your speeds are way better than mine were. You are probably in a bad spot, but not as bad as mine.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1217 Posts
  • 755 Reply Likes
I also think you are confusing signal strength with performance. Your service strength indeed may be excellent. That has nothing to do with system performance.

What led you to choose Viasat in the first place?
Photo of Jordan Niednagel

Jordan Niednagel

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I live in South Missouri and have the FREEDOM PLAN.  It actually hasn't been bad for a few years, but starting last week I've been getting speeds of less than 1mbps.  Customer service, as you said, is terrible.  They say everything is fine with the modem and satellite.  The FREEDOM PLAN policy says to expect speeds up to 12mbps for half the time, and median speeds of 6mpbs.  So, it goes against the agreed plan, and I will soon be canceling along with 3 other customers on this property unless something is done this weekend.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1217 Posts
  • 755 Reply Likes
You might as well plan on cancelling.