Viasat is no good....

• Praise
  • Updated 4 months ago
Dont trust anything they(or whoever sells these contracts?) tell you verbally before you sign. They only care about the contract or commission for the sale, not the family getting screwed. We had them for 2 yrs and my spouse was lied to by the installer on the options to change or cancel after trial, and again when the dish was moved. Being forced into a new contract. Have not used for 3mths paying the bill cause we were forced to move. They will not understand or help you in any situation. I plan on reporting them to the Better Business for sure. My spouse connected without me knowing on my name without ID I expect I think its always third party your dealing with anyway from installation to Calls. You cant change anything ever without a new contract or on website, and are lied to about that. Its basically a robo human telling you to pay up no matter what the circumstance, and charge for everything they can. They will not be in business long like Excede and trying to get all they can now it seems like. No one recommends them its always the only choice in rural areas, and they treat you like that. They were wrong and misleading, not fare about it, just fine print you to collections. I dont see how they think thats good business. 
Photo of Caleb Zeringue

Caleb Zeringue

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • like I should have canceled 1rst mth

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 981 Posts
  • 489 Reply Likes
Caleb, 

I closed your other thread, as it was basically a duplicate post.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with our service.  Please email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com with your account number and all the information you have.  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2005 Posts
  • 1226 Reply Likes
We had them for 2 yrs and my spouse was lied to by the installer on the options to change or cancel after trial, and again when the dish was moved.
Just out of curiosity, why would you wait for the installation to happen before asking such important questions?  Installers don't always have the information that company reps do.  It seems that these types of questions should be asked during the sales call.
They will not be in business long like Excede  
Exede is ViaSat.  It's the same company.    
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2180 Reply Likes
"My spouse connected without me knowing on my name without ID"

There are greater issues going on here....
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 436 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
If someone opened an account under your name fraudulently then you need to call the police and get a stolen identity police report made. Then provide the police report to Viasat. Identify theft is a very serious thing and with a legitimate police report you may be able to be released from your contact.
Photo of Caleb Zeringue

Caleb Zeringue

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You can get help and they were fair to me. Viasat did help out. You just have to reach out to the right channels, which was not  available with the bill collectors on phone. I would have to go back  and say, Viasat was Fair in our situation.