ViaSat Internet App is Great!

• Praise
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
I recently installed the ViaSat Internet app.  The app provides a comprehensive diagnostic of the system even to the detail testing among others things Dish Alignment and Dish to Modem communication as well as the obvious things like data usage.  A very convenient tool.  I have not had a problem with the system but if I should its nice to know this app is available to help..
Photo of Robin

Robin

• 130 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 452 Posts
  • 137 Reply Likes
The Kool-Aid is great!  Drink up!!
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 292 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
I don't think this is a kool-aid drinker, more a kool-aid maker. What customer would say "The app provides a comprehensive diagnostic of the system even to the detail testing among others things Dish Alignment and Dish to Modem communication"?
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1466 Posts
  • 867 Reply Likes
It's a trap! That is what another admiral would say!
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 297 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
How many people would normally download a diagnostic tool if they weren't having trouble? I think the instances of that would be zero.
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 331 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
"How many people would normally download a diagnostic tool if they weren't having trouble?"
Not you, it sounds like.

There are plenty of folks who are simply curious, myself included.
The app is more than merely a diagnostic tool, check it out for yourself.

Some folks enjoy looking for and parading imperfections
Some folks enjoy looking for the good in things and sharing what they find
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 452 Posts
  • 137 Reply Likes
@Spinninghose, yes, as you may know from my past posts, I have long suspected that “Robin” is somehow on the Viasat payroll.  Just a suspicion...
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2408 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
Nope, she is a customer who has great service.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2175 Posts
  • 1336 Reply Likes
That may very well be true, but the constant, over the top praise is going to cause people to think otherwise.  That's not ViaSat's fault, of course, but potential customers aren't going to know that.  

That's not to say I'm against posting praise.  I wish more people who were happy with the service did so.  
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 452 Posts
  • 137 Reply Likes
And a customer who doesn’t really know how to measure performance so she doesn’t really even know how good her service is or is not.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 297 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
I don't see how Viasat employees think Robin is good for promoting Viasat. First they exaggerate and have written things that are not true, and never claimed a location. Then there is the name calling and belittling of people that haven't had a wonderful experience with Viasat. If people posting praise don't give a location it helps no one.
(Edited)
Photo of Admiral Korbohuta

Admiral Korbohuta

• 94 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Diana, a Viasat employee, defending a lying troll shows just how low this company will go.
Photo of Dances with Woofs

Dances with Woofs

• 270 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
Not that that's over the top... but may be below the belt. She was responding to the unsubstantiated and unfounded claim that Robin is on the Viasat payroll. Yeah. Robin's a troll and apparently it's working.     
(Edited)
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 297 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
I don't know about that being "below the belt" .Our Viasat employee called Robin a she. Did Robin ever disclose a gender? There are a lot of males named Robin, I would consider that a unisex name. Viasat employees are often political spin artists and appear very guarded in their responses.
(Edited)

Dances with Woofs

• 270 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
Oh yeah, that's overwhelming evidence right there.

There's a sale on tin foil in aisle 4.

Take the Admiral's advice from another thread - ignore him/her. He/she is getting the result he/she wants and y'all just keep feeding him/her. Y'all are starting to come off as deranged as him/her to the point where this has now devolved to a gender binary discussion.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1466 Posts
  • 867 Reply Likes
Dont feed the trolls!
(Edited)
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 297 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
My point that was missed is the Viasat called Robin a she, like they were known to each other.
Photo of M.E.M.

M.E.M.

• 183 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes
HS,
Very astute.  I know two people named Robin. One is male and the other is female.
Also, how does Viasat know "she is a happy customer". There are numerous other possibilities such as being an unhappy customer using sarcasm, not a customer at all, a paid PR company, a teenager in Russia or Gaza looking for jollies, a Viasat employee or investor, a bored member of this forum who has established a second identity, a Hughesnet employee intending to sow discord in Viasat,...
In order for Viasat to know and identify "her" as a "happy customer", they would have to know "her" last name. Robin, if that is "her" first name, has not revealed her last name on this forum. She/he will not even reveal which beam or location he/she is on, even though asked. That makes "her" appear to be illegitimate.
So how can Viasat claim to know what is in "her" mind? Viasat has given the impression that they know this person's identity. How is that possible? (Fill in the blanks.)

By the way, I am one of the happy Viasat customers but I believe in honest business behavior.

Dances with Woofs

• 270 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
No I didn't miss your point - I just see her mention of she as inconsequential and indicative of nothing given familiarity with Diana's posts. You view it as some great aha moment You missed my point - quit feeding the trolls.

In fact, there is nothing troll like in  this post by Robin. If you have first hand experience with the app in question (and you don't now - it's only available to current subscribers) offer it up as a counter argument.

Subscribers are free to install the app, try for themselves and uninstall if it's not a great experience. I wish I could but it's not open to NRTC subscribers. It gets good and bad reviews on the app stores.   

To suggest Robin is part of some Viasat collusion or nefarious plot is absurd based solely on DIana's brief reply - I assumed Robin is he, Diana probably assumes she. Now we've got another great Robin mystery. My assumption is based on Robin's early posts relying on a heavy dose of rudeness and profanity, which I normally only associate with males. Unfair maybe so in the interest of equality he/she - he/she destroyed any credibility with those early posts for me.

It's what the moderators do whenever anybody is accused of being an employee, paid shill, stooge, plant, etc. for saying something positive about Viasat.

As previously noted, he/she is trolling you - and the major driving force behind trolling is to elicit angry, emotional responses for whatever reason. To that extent he/she has succeeded.   
(Edited)
Photo of Jim Irgens

Jim Irgens

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
One thing about the connected devices I noticed is that there are some that I do not recognize of me having. One today was amazon device not sure what it could be. Anyone else know what it is?
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 329 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
A dot or a firestick or echo or kindle?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3510 Posts
  • 1317 Reply Likes
I'm closing this thread as it's going off the rails.

I do feel the requirement to clarify Diana's reply in saying that the user in question is NOT an employee as the email registered to the log-in to this form links to an active customer account. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.