Viasat Browser Problems

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • In Progress
So I had to stop using the Viasat browser and go back to Chrome. Kept having problems with the cursor not showing in the correct position in search box. And for the last few days facebook has been messed up using the Viasat browser, unable to post, feed not loading correctly, etc. and problems with other sites also. Don't have those problems using Chrome.
Photo of James Paramore

James Paramore

• 171 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 640 Posts
  • 240 Reply Likes
Yep...I reported the cursor position problem several days ago but haven't received any feedback from the browser people.  I think this happens when they change browser versions.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 981 Posts
  • 489 Reply Likes
If you haven't reported it to browser@viasat.com, please do!  The more examples they get, the quicker they can track down the issue!
Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

DavidBrowserGuy, Browser Expert

• 128 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Hi James and Michael,
Thanks for reporting this issue.  Please try the following - Clear the browser cache (viasat://settings/clearBrowserData), selecting "All Time".  Then, please quit the browser and reopen it.  

If you still see issues, please send a feedback via the browser and include your email address so that the developers can reach out to you directly.

Thanks!
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 640 Posts
  • 240 Reply Likes
I found that just refreshing the Google.com page fixes it for me.
Photo of James Paramore

James Paramore

• 171 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
Clearing the cache did not work, but what did work was I uninstalled the browser, downloaded and reinstalled it. I'm back in business. It must have gotten corrupted some way. I rather use it because it is much faster than Chrome. Thanks.
Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

DavidBrowserGuy, Browser Expert

• 128 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Well, we are glad to hear that it is working for you again!!  Have you tried the mobile version?  I'm a huge fan, but of course I'm biased.  You can get it at the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Photo of Bluebird

Bluebird

• 10 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
i would stay with chrome , it has much less problems
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3131 Posts
  • 2015 Reply Likes
I have never had any  problems with the Viasat browser. It is much faster than Chrome or Firefox.