Viasat 2 is not available at my location I call customer service n they said it’s not available in my location zip code 39159

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Viasat 2
Photo of Dontrellz Page

Dontrellz Page

• 54 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
  • sad

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Norman Hall

Norman Hall

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Yes they told me that also.. which is B.S. they are giving it o the big locals because they don't care about the folks inruralareas.
Photo of Dontrellz Page

Dontrellz Page

• 54 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I know some how we can but I don’t have no data right now I’m still looking forward of Viasat 2 liberty plans sucks now I have to deal
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3390 Posts
  • 1951 Reply Likes
I see plans for 39159. Pretty pricy with lower priority data allotment, but I see plans. Are you sure that isnt Viasat-2?
Photo of Dontrellz Page

Dontrellz Page

• 54 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Yes i call the cell in they said that the new plans with Viasat 2 plans
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3390 Posts
  • 1951 Reply Likes
Then you should be able to get on it.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 830 Posts
  • 423 Reply Likes
Dontrellz,

If you're a current customer, you may not be able to migrate to ViaSat 2 quite yet.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3365 Posts
  • 1933 Reply Likes
That makes no sense. If it is available to new customers, it should be available to existing customers, in the same location of course.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2200 Posts
  • 1906 Reply Likes
Makes no sense if you are a current customer but makes a lot of sense if you are a company called Viasat.
Photo of Dontrellz Page

Dontrellz Page

• 54 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Viasat too sorry when HughesNet say they will have new plans I mean they don’t waisted time with the plans Viasat 2 is too much people using the service making the internet even more slow that sucks
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1683 Posts
  • 1000 Reply Likes

Since plans on VS2 require  a new contract, that makes anybody a "new" customer.

(Edited)
Photo of James Besser

James Besser

• 84 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
they love too have me on vs2  why I have the 150 freedom plan they wanna stop them, 54021 if anyone has this plan keep it can't get it agin
Photo of Dontrellz Page

Dontrellz Page

• 54 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Why is that I mean I’m tried of the slow internet connection these liberty plans is not enough GB for me
Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack

• 854 Posts
  • 753 Reply Likes
It is what it is. When you live in a rural area there are going to be certain limitations. There are two options and two options only 1) you learn to live with what is available 2) move. 

Andy
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1683 Posts
  • 1000 Reply Likes

Nope.  There are three options.  The third is to do without.

Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack

• 854 Posts
  • 753 Reply Likes
True.

Andy
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3297 Posts
  • 1898 Reply Likes
Good luck going without in 2018. I know some people do it, but even my elderly mother has to have the internet.
Photo of James Besser

James Besser

• 75 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
I can understand people being up set with slow speeds. I don't go nuts on my system Lot are tv utube downloading. kids playing games. Thats there right too do so. But then I get the brakes slam on my modem. I just surf reading, eBay Facebook no movies email bank acct and in here maybe boring internet user
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3390 Posts
  • 1951 Reply Likes

I got a Hughesnet mailing today.  It was even MORE ridiculous than past Hughesnet mailers.  People have complaints about Viasat, I get that.  But when you get a mailer from Hughesnet that says a) how much you can save and b) how you get free installation BUT it doesn't say how much the plan costs or the priority data/up to speeds, that is just sad.

Marketing people are way out of control, and when they have no idea what they are even selling (just push words like "free", "unlimited", and "save"), it is no wonder people get so disgruntled about satellite internet. 

Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack

• 854 Posts
  • 753 Reply Likes
That's why I don't do flyers anymore VetSat. I just let my coop expire every month and do my own ads with my own script. Cost me more but I can sleep at night. 

Andy
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3067 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
That's why I'm glad my stepson asked me about getting Viasat before he did it - I explained the "Unlimited", the low res video and such so that he understood what it all meant in actual use of Viasat Internet.

He signed up for Unlimited Bronze (budget cutting right now but, in a few months he may upgrade if Gold is still available to him then.)
Photo of Dontrellz Page

Dontrellz Page

• 54 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I’m about to let Viasat go I’m not paying another bill because this doesn’t make any since how the internet is so weak
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3067 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
Donrellz, it would help if we knew what you expect of your internet service and, what exactly is going wrong, when and, on what plan.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2200 Posts
  • 1095 Reply Likes
He expects his internet service to not suck.  I'm pretty sure we've already gone over this with him.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3390 Posts
  • 1951 Reply Likes
I actually think he wants to get on Viasat-2. As a new customer he could, as a current customer right now he can't.

Honestly, if I wanted to get on Viasat-2 and couldn't like a new customer, I wouldn't be happy either!
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2200 Posts
  • 1095 Reply Likes
Whats sad, is Viasat 2 is hit or miss.  James was bragging all over the place about Viasat 2.  He finally got so happy he quit coming to this forum.

Andy on the other hand is a dealer and he said Viasat is a big disappointment and is going to have a negative effect on his future sales.

Viasat 2 is like a box of chocolates right now.  You never know what you are going to get.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3390 Posts
  • 1951 Reply Likes
It all depends on location, location, location. Unfortunately, I don't think there are as many locations in there as Viasat had hoped and planned for.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3067 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
My Stepson got Bronze on Viasat 2, only been 24 hours but so far it's performing at 12 Mbps or better. Letting him use Roku and, mobile devices. He's doing all wifi, no hard wired devices at all and, it's behaving as advertised so far.

Now if he will be screaming bloody murder in a week when the kids get out of school for the summer or not remains to be seen.
Photo of BBwithdrawls

BBwithdrawls

• 70 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Stephen Rice, you are correct , those that have gotten the vsat2 hadnt reported back much at all  , it must be a conspiracy to keep it all to themselves after they get it ,   I finally found a dealer that is set up on vsat 2 with a 25 mg plan( yes 25 mg plan )  He is the second dealer to tell me they gave them a 25 mg business plan on Vsat2  and I am going to test drive it tomorrow, I'm specifically looking At VPN performance and data transfers 
(Edited)
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 334 Posts
  • 184 Reply Likes
I'd rather stay on the Liberty Plan and make use of the LNFZ. The plans on Viasat 2 are all overpriced crap anyway.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3372 Posts
  • 1942 Reply Likes
Aren't you on Freedom?

Regardless, if I had a choice only between "unlimited" or a Liberty Plan with a free zone, I would take Liberty. No video resolution downgrading if you don't want and eat all you want with no penalty at night.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 334 Posts
  • 184 Reply Likes
Yeah, I'm on Freedom and happy with it. If I were Dontrellz, I'd just stay with the Liberty plan. But I can understand that some people aren't night owls and can't be up at 3AM to do stuff on the computer.
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3372 Posts
  • 1942 Reply Likes
I gotcha now.

You don't have to go late, but you have to understand how to setup downloads to run at night during the free zone. It's doable, but can be a challenge to setup.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2196 Posts
  • 1094 Reply Likes
I'm an uneducated redneck from Lousiana and even I figured out how to setup a few programs to take advantage of the late night free zone. I routinely use over 150 gb of data a month.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 334 Posts
  • 184 Reply Likes
Most of the uneducated rednecks I know are some of the smartest people I've ever met.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2196 Posts
  • 1094 Reply Likes
We learn to make do with what we have.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3372 Posts
  • 1942 Reply Likes

That's exactly right.  Make do with what you can.  There is no way I could stream video during primetime, even on a 150GB plan now.  Not because I don't have enough priority data, but when you are pulling 500Kbps you can't do much.  So like Stephen, I still download my video content in the middle of the night.

I just need to figure out the Playon/Roku way for Amazon.  I need to take Stephen's Redneck 101 Video Streaming Class! 

(Edited)
Photo of Dontrellz Page

Dontrellz Page

• 54 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
fmj77 I already uses up my data up how ur seeds right now I’m getting a speed of 0.34 that too slow what the difference I been with Exede since February the service I seen when I start sign up was the unlimited plans of 150 gb okay I’m staying on the liberty plans I hope it get better soon with the plans
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3372 Posts
  • 1942 Reply Likes
They definitely had to reign in the amount of priority data from the original 150GB priority data plans.  I believe they underestimated how that much priority data for everybody would really crank down speeds for all, and I don't believe the video resolution downgrader had the desired effect either.  Live and learn.  At least they are pulling back the amount of priority data, even if I do hate they still call it an "unlimited plan".  We can thank the cell companies for that!
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2196 Posts
  • 1094 Reply Likes
Amazon video is hit or miss with the Playon software. I only use Playon to capture Netflix video.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3372 Posts
  • 1942 Reply Likes

Well I need it for Amazon! 

How about Hulu?  Have you tried that?