viasat 1 customers under attack

• Problem
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • In Progress
okay, despite a ticket created by viasat listens rep 2 days ago, no one from viasat has an answer they are willing to share as to why my speeds are throttled during eve hours.  I get this double talk about how the data use had been reconfigured and this will result in my slow speeds.  How can a company argue that this is okay when clients are moving over to the new satellite (viasat 2), leaving more vacancies on viasat 1.  After three years of decent evening speed on Freedom plan, NOW as more people move over to new satellite, they refigure speed on viasat 1 and decide to throttle remaining clients, just to make their lives miserable.  Congratulations viasat, you have succeeded in pushing my buttons and turning me from a supporter into a disgruntled client.  Shame on you.
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 297 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
This past week a lot more posts about an obvious change in speed, across the board. I don;t know yet if it is just against the Freedom plan users, or all clients. I have seen the same thing in the past week. I have used 30gb of my Freedom plan, so no where near throttle territory and I never have come close to it. Viasat 2 has never been an option, that I know of, for my area in central VA. Currently on beam 329. The only plans I have had the option to move to are Liberty 12mbps plans.
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
The policy change currently only affects Unlimited Plan subscribers who got their plans prior to February 13, 2018 as well as Freedom Plan subscribers - both subscriber categories are only on Viasat-1).

FWIW, Liberty Plan on 329 is actually rocking due to the change (at least while staying within priority data) - as I interpret the changes, that was one of the desired outcomes.

Summarizing the key change that those categories are now seeing:

During periods of network congestion, you may be prioritized behind other customers who have not exceeded their data allowance or usage threshold regardless of the amount of data you have actually used.

Plenty of discussion in other conversations here.

(Edited)
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Old Labs wrote:

"During periods of network congestion, you may be prioritized behind other customers who have not exceeded their data allowance or usage threshold regardless of the amount of data you have actually used."

That statement seems contradictory.  One's data allowance(as declared in your agreement based on monthly use) is the threshold whereby you are throttled once you surpass that.  How can it be that it is "regardless of the amount of data actually used" when they use your total monthly allotment to decide when the throttling is initiated?  

I'm stlll being throttled nightly to 1 to 3 mbps for the last 5 nights.  I currently have used 12GB out of my 150 GB and they are still throttling me.  Before this "plan change" I would have normal speeds in the evening, close to 25 mbps.  That was for 3 years, consistent speeds.  I've never, in 10 years, gone over my monthly allotment. Viasat is coming up with changes for us viasat 1 clients that will be very negative for us if we remain on that satellite.  This is the first plan change, probably more to come for viasat 1.  They are going to make us as uncomfortable as possible.  They have a good start.

Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 297 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
Well, I am on the Freedom plan and never exceeded data limits, nor have I ever come close. So they are either prioritizing the plans, not the usage, or? Seems to be a lot of Freedom complaints from clients not exceeding their data limits this past week.  I have enough history to not trust 'Liberty Plan is rocking on 329'.  Besides, in this day and age, are you really going to say 12 Mbps is rocking?  ;-)
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
are you a horse person?  just curious

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Throttling is not the same as prioritization Susan. With Freedom you are throttled for the remainder of your monthly cycle when going over 150GB - it's permanent til the next reset.

Prioritization should impact only during periods of congestion.

As noted it does appear to be beneficial to some plans, specifically limted plans as opposed to Unlimited and what was once touted as "virtually unlimited" Freedom.

There was an official nuanced response buried somewhere here that said something to the effect that...

From time to time we make changes to benefit the majority of our customers - my interpretation of that was there are more limited plan subscribers than unlimited or "virtually unlimited" subscribers on Viasat-1. 

Not defending it, just trying to explain it ;)

(Edited)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
It's Freedom and the grandfathered Unlimited plans that have higher priority data limits than the newer plans. In other words long time customers that have plans that offer faster speeds and more data than current plans of the same name offer and, Freedom customers.

I'm praying it's a stop gap measure to keep things going until Viasat 3 is operational. I can deal with that but, it would be nice to know that's the case and, in a couple of years, or less, we'll be back to normal.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3177 Reply Likes
Well I am certainly not rocking.

2.5GB of use for the month and my speed was 197kbps.

Hughesnet did something similar several years ago. If you like you plan, you could keep your plan, BUT they made speeds so slow on the grandfathered plan you had no choice other than upgrade or change providers. I changed providers.

Maybe Vetsatuser will need to take his posting talents to Hughesnet.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Here ares some representative results from the past few days (you decide whether they're rocking for a 12 Mbps plan - click to enlarge):

Not much I can;t do with those ... in fact thinking about throttling my own speeds with the router to prevent web sites from wasting even more data when they detect my higher speeds. I manage my data very closely and leverage the free zone for heavy lifting.       

Dog person, although I've been know to play the ponies.

You're not on Liberty VeteranSatUser nor are you on 329.
(Edited)
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 297 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
Bev - I am on Beam 629 (central VA). 'faster speeds' have not been a part of this beam for many, many years. So, yes I have the Freedom plan, but it is just the option for more data, not faster speeds. My plan is up to 12Mbps, which apparently was taken away this week and maybe replaced with a potential of 1 Mbps.
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Thank you Old Labs for that explanation.  Help me a little further on prioritization.  Do you know the formula for that?  I thought only older plans are on the viasat 1.  They cannot add the new plans offered now.  Is that right?  And if they cannot add more traffic, they have reallocated the priority to what?  Are they taking from Peter to pay Paul?

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Don;t rely on the summary email received or any interpretations here. Read, heed and understand the updated policies on the legal page at:

https://www.exede.com/legal/

The applicable documents all have a date of last update as 1/15/2019 - there are 3.

Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
are they taking my speed to placate others?  If people are moving off of viasat 1, wouldn't the traffic go down?  I'm in a beam that is low density.  I can't believe this is because of traffic.
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 297 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
Old Labs - those were closer to my speeds prior to this week. Definitely day time, and around 9mbps at night. Daytime now is ok, a slowdown here and there, but mostly good. It is just the evening that has crashed.  Also into dogs. Spinoni, specifically.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Susan, no I don't know the algorithms used for prioritization - as best I can describe it, it is some form of preemptive queuing.

Essentially, others not subject to de-prioritization go first, while you go to the end of the line. You maintain you position relative to other being deprioritized.  However If the others arrive while you're still in line they get top go first.

During busy periods, you're spending all of your time at the back of the line spinning your wheels and waiting. If the lines empty when you arrive - go right on through. 

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Spinninghorse, that's what I would expect from this policy change in the evenings - that folks like me on Liberty are getting better performance during the evening and peak usage periods.

Now that 329 has been re-opened to Liberty for new customers, I'll enjoy it while it lasts - things will likely get worse for both of us as they load 'er up.  
(Edited)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Are they taking from Peter to pay Paul?
That might be an appropriate analogy ;)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Are they taking from Peter to pay Paul?
That might be an appropriate analogy ;)
Photo of Jeff Story

Jeff Story

• 9 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Same thing here. Speed have been slowed the last few weeks. Have the Freedom plan and Netflix never buffered, now cant watch at night with it being fuzzy. Have on lowest resolution. This company is becoming a joke. Valued costumer who is no longer valued I assume!!!!!
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
this isnt about congestion this is about getting more new contracted users think about it most the ones that signed up for the 150/25 are either out of contract or fixing to be. 
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
this isnt about congestion this is about getting more new contracted users think about it most the ones that signed up for the 150/25 are either out of contract or fixing to be. 
Photo of satuser03

satuser03

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My speeds have been terrible in the past 3 weeks, after receiving the letter. For the past 6 months or more it’s been extremely great. No complaints. Then all of a sudden, suck. I’ve had satellite internet for15 plus years and I know what to expect. I have the gold 30 mbs unlimited 150g. I used to have high 30-40 mbs download in a.m. and slow down throughout the day to 3-10mbs in evening. No complaints. Could do what we needed and watch high def tv on most nights. Now it goes to unusable, under 1mbs. Pages won’t load and ,etc. Rebooting the modem sometimes help, but in a couple hours it slows down. I pay $150 a month for my service as this is my only option for internet. I would even pay more for better service, but this is the best I can get. And all of a sudden they have completely degraded my service. Why is it I get less than 1 mbs then reboot my modem and start seeing normal speeds for a limited time?
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 652 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes
@Susan Jenulis

AMEN!

Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 297 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
Only takes me a hundred times for something to sink in, but it does, eventually. I see the plans are being throttled/prioritized, not the actual usage of those plans. Isn't that nice. I received no notice. No email, no snail mail. I guess Viasat didn't have enough residential customers hating them, so they had to go at the Freedom users.
(Edited)
Photo of Chuck Mayo

Chuck Mayo

• 35 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
My mail just came today, and my evening speeds have been flatlined since late December. I don't know about other plans, but mine, Silver 25 prior to February 2018, was specifically singled out in the recent usage policy update. The mail points out that 25Mbps is now the median speed, meaning they can drop my bandwidth to the floor between 6:30 PM and 2:30 AM as long as they give me enough bandwidth between 2:30 AM and 7:30 AM to average my median speed to 25Mbps.

My options given in the mail are "Suck It" and "Change Plans," but why on earth would I trust them for a new plan when they've just crippled my current plan simply because (I assume) they've decided it's more profitable for them to do so.

I've always tried to keep my expectations reasonable and have championed Excede whenever I thought I could, but this is, by far, the most blatantly underhanded thing they've done in the 4+ years I've been a subscriber. 
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Median speed is not average speed. To have an average speed of 25Mbps I cant even imagine.
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 52 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Hi Chuck, Misery likes company, welcome to the group of targeted customers. There must be thousands of us that have had the rug pulled out from under us, we are subject to discrimination due to our plans we entered into years ago. There must be a way to negotiate,,, after all we’re not building a wall (joke!).
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Thanks Old Labs,   am reading this "new revised" data distribution.  Then I read this:

"In addition, if needed to address congestion in a spot beam, Viasat may further reduce the speeds of the Network traffic of heavier users of Liberty Pass Users, Excess Freedom Users and other subscribers with a high-data threshold service plan (for example, Freedom subscribers and unlimited data plan subscribers who purchased their plan prior to February 13, 2018) through the end of their then-current billing period if de-prioritization is not sufficient to adequately manage congestion."

The key here:  see underline above, they've already done this.  They AUTOMATICALLY throttle me, as my plan falls into the above.

So they sell us a high data plan, then throttle us because they oversold users that they can't possibly handle the traffic in peak use, so they throttle the larger data users.  If I knew this, I would have taken a different path in the beginning.  They can side step all they want, their plan changes can throttle us at will.  When I entered this plan, there was no threat of reduced speed forced on you simply because congestion was slowing bandwidth.   This reminds me of the fight to keep the internet free of  internet providers that change plans to fit their own desires.  I'm at a disadvantage with chasing the right words for all this tech stuff!

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
I interpret it as:

You are subject to de-prioritization (i.e. prioritized behind subscribers who have not exceeded data allowance or usage threshold on your beam) at any time from the get go.

Upon reaching your data allowance and in addition to de-prioritization, you are subject to further slow down through throttling if you exceed some unspecified data usage limit above your plan's amount.
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 293 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
That is how I am reading it. The next step is they would send someone out to take a sledgehammer to the dish.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Flamethrower. Not sledgehammer.
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
If they are determining prioritization by median speed, I may always be at the back end of the line as my daytime speeds are 30 to 50 mbps.  What was the old prioritization formula in the plan prior  to this last update?  How convenient that they can rework existing plans to cover their inability to manage data when too many people are on line.  If people are leaving viasat 1 for viasat 2, why all the changes in older plans on viasat 1?  My gut says they want us off viasat 1 and will make us as miserable as possible to get us to move over.  We paid them for a plan, and now they continue to want their payment, but give us less service......

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
I don't believe speed plays any role in prioritization. I also don't believe anybody was actually paying for a higher speed despite how plans are sold and marketed. You do pay for the possibility of higher speeds "up to" that specified by your plan, but not for being prioritized above somebody else on a "slower" plan.

The mention of median in the email that some received, was an attempt to clarify what "up to" really meant. Specifically when measured over the course of a 24 hour period (e.g. once every hour or more), half of your speed test results would be above the median and half below (not an average).

For example, consider the following speed test results where the subscriber was performing automated speed tests ever 15 minutes until recently (apparently he discovered where all his data was going - to speed tests apparently) and he's stopped - but I went back several months where this was occurring on a regular basis every day:

https://testmy.net/quickstats/mawhelchel99

Take all of his/her results, place them in a row ranked by result top to bottom and the one dead center would be his/her median. Obviously to achieve a median of up to 25 Mbps, 12 Mbps or whatever you've got to have some above that. Medians can be deceiving but they're in keeping with how the FCC is measure speed now also and FWIW median and average can be the same but only with a normalized distribution but I'm long distanced from my statistics days. 

I simply don't think as many folks moved from Viasat-1 to Viasat-2 as anticipated due to the perceived value (or lack as the case may be). This may change that value equation.

All I know is I'm glad I'm not the one responsible for maintaining the coding algorithms for all this, it will undoubtedly take a long time to work the kinks out - I'd love to see the design specs for this puppy ;)   
(Edited)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
After some sleuthing and hacking I was able to locate the design for this and it should clarify:

Any questions?
(Edited)
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 294 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
They would have had to offer V2 plans for existing customers for them to move to V2. There hasn't been an opportunity for me. The only plans for me have been 3 different Liberty plans, 12 mbps, and up to 50GB for $100. I am guessing the 12mbps is on V1?

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
They did, just none in our immediate area in VA. Some to the south in what is 329 footprint but probably not many takers among existing users.
(Edited)
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 294 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
I know they did for new customers, but I didn't see plans for existing.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I am on the Freedom 12Mbps plan and have yet to receive a letter or email about changes to my service.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
You are on the 12Mbps version. I wonder if there is a difference?
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Vetsat, have you gotten the notice? For those on Freedom it seems that customers with the boost 25Mbps plan are the ones getting the letter. I was offered Freedom with boost 25 at one time and went to upgrade the next day and it was gone.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
No. But I am not a Viasat direct customer so it might take awhile.

I can say this past week speeds during primetime have been terrible. So terrible if it continues I would be forced to switch to Hughesnet. I would not give one more cent to a company if I find it is purposely slowing me down to force me off a plan. Just like I will never but a GM or Chrysler vehicle again.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Spinninghorse is 12 Mbps, I believe.

It's never to early to panic ;)
(Edited)
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 294 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
I also did not get notified and am on the 12mbps plan, not on boost.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3178 Posts
  • 2046 Reply Likes
I am also on the 12 mbps plan, original SB2 modem. I have not been notified so far.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
I know they did for new customers, but I didn't see plans for existing.

I believe there were some existing customers 329 were able to upgrade to Viasat-2, the Viasat-2 beam just didn't cover my neck of the woods - different footprint(s) than 329 south of Richmond I believe.
(Edited)
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
I think I'm on a plan that's not affected because I haven't noticed any changes. I'm on the Liberty 12 with 25 Boost and 3 to 6 Freezone, plan, and satellite 1.

At 5:20 I did a speed test.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Sounds like the 25Mbps "unlimited" plans with 150GB have been targeted. Freedom too but is that all Freedom or just 25Mbps Freedom?

And if I was one of those impacted customers I would NOT be happy.

I remember Hughesnet eliminated their free zone about the time of Exede. THAT went over like a lead balloon and they lost customers. I know. I was one that withdrew my order.
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
In 10 days I'll be paying my 24th installment and unbound from my contract, and as luck would have it, AT&T is now finally offering DSL in my area, with great sign up perks and a fair 1TB limit monthly rate, and wait, there's more... Verizon is offering a prepaid hotspot with unlimited data, and I get a great signal here with Verizon, but only 1 bar with AT&T, Sprint and others, if I stand by the right window on my tiptoes. 

I now have options I'll be considering, so Viasat really doesn't want to mess with me!
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Again, thanks Old Labs for a definition in layman's terms, I'm more knowledgeable than I was this AM and I appreciate all of your comments and explanations.  If I ever get info on the design specs,  I'll send them your way.  You and I know that won't happen, but I can wish.  Now that I see the above, it happened and we're all more stressed than ever.
(Edited)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
There will be a pop quiz on Monday. The algorithms have been hermetically sealed in a mayonnaise jar and secured on Funk and Wagnall's front porch.
(Edited)
Photo of PrestonPig

PrestonPig

• 28 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
LOL - +1 to everybody that knows where that came from!
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
finally, you got me to smile!!!!!  :)
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1021 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
All,

We understand this policy change has caused some frustration. Viasat has updated our Network Management Policy to ensure the best experience for all of our customers on the network.Not all plans are affected and we are notifying customers via email or direct mail. If you have questions, email us at ViasatListens@viasat.com or call 844-715-4412  and our team of specialists will be happy to help.
(Edited)
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
You wrote:

"Viasat has updated our Network Management Policy to ensure the best experience for all of our customers on the network"

No you haven't ,  there are a lot of us that are not having the "best experience", myself included.  You have manipulated existing customers so our experience is MUCH WORSE.  I no longer have questions for you, the other customers on this forum have given me more honest information than anyone I have talked to from Viasat tech and customer service since this fiasco began for me 01-22-19.   I've talked to viasatlistens already, and you give us the same line of precomposed answers that are not even related to our complaints.  The double talk is rampant.  

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Not that it's going to assuage anyone's anger/angst (especially if in the minority) but this was the more nuanced, official response:

From time to time, Viasat makes updates to policies that impact our customers’ service. We recently updated our Network Management Policy to ensure the best experience for the majority of customers on our network.  We have also notified any customers who are impacted by this change by letter and email.
https://community.viasat.com/viasat/topics/automatic-throttling?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfil...

Pitch forks and torches are still on sale in the lobby...
(Edited)
Photo of Jeff Story

Jeff Story

• 9 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Frustrated? Are you kidding me? I pay 130 a month for internet that I cannot use now!! No problem until a few weeks ago. 
Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
@jeff , My speeds are crap atm soon as my hotspot gets here next week im done with this shady excuse for a business , My speeds have been horrible the last 2-3 weeks
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 52 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
I wonder how many are negatively impacted by the plan change. I also wonder if this change has been positive for the “majority”. We’ll never know, kept in the dark on purpose. Come on majority, let us know how positive this plan change has been for you.. I’d be willing to bet there are no improvements for them, and even less improvements for the minority.
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
I'm on Sat 1 and my speeds, even as we speak, are great, regardless of what time of day I'm online, so maybe the Liberty plan people are the ones that are experiencing positive changes.  Honestly, even when I run out of data and I'm in restricted mode, my speeds are still really good.
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 52 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Do you know what your speeds are at night after 6:00 PM? Do you see a difference in speeds during day vs night? Just trying to figure out how this works. Thanks.
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
I just checked my speeds again before replying to your comment, and it's after 6 here now because I'm in central Mississippi, and my speed now is 41.7 mbps, slightly higher than it was 45 minutes ago.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Limited plans (with the exception of the virtually unlimited Freedom and of course Unlimited) are the beneficiaries of the policy change.

My speed right now: ~ 14 mbps on a 12 Mbps plan

I'm guessing Spinninghorse's are worse on Freedom despite being on the same beam as I.

The bad news is I must now manage and monitor my limited data much more closely, but those of us on limited plans are well versed at that by necessity. I could easily use 10x the data I do now except for some extreme data conservation measures to eliminate web site bloat and leveraging the free zone.

The policy is aimed at improving things for those on more severely data limited plans (not chewing through bandwidth like its's water).
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3177 Reply Likes
Matt. I am not convinced your traffic management is working correctly. I know you made changes, but when a person is under their cap and getting speeds below 500kbps, something isn't working right.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2409 Posts
  • 474 Reply Likes
VeteranSatUser,  If our customers' speeds are slow we would like to do troubleshooting to verify if there is an issue. We suggest they call 855.463.9333 to do so.
Photo of Jeff Story

Jeff Story

• 9 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
There has something changed. I cannot even stream Netflix anymore without buffering. This is ridiculous. This happened just a few weeks ago. How do all theses people have the same problem and you want to troubleshoot? I can troubleshoot for you! We are getting ripped off!!! I have been a loyal costumer and this is how I’m rewarded?
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 52 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Diana, I’m very close to 1 mbps in the evening and I’ve talked to tech, viasat listens and 844-715-4412. The response is the same. You’ve changed the plan, thanks to you, we have slow speeds.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Yea. I don't buy that. There is a bug somewhere in the traffic management.
(Edited)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
I buy it, it's exactly what the policy states - it's all an attempt to squeeze as much blood out of the bird as we limp toward Viasat-3.
(Edited)
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 52 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
The slow speeds that most of us are experiencing seems to be on the older plans on viasat 1. You have discriminated against these plans by automatically throttling our speed. From what I’ve read this has affected us at different times but we can see a pattern of slow speed at night that wasn’t happening prior to your “updated plan” email announcement. You want us to move to viasat 2 and pay more for less data. I’m not going without a fight, thank you. After 10 yrs, there should be some respect for your long term clients, but You’re attacking us by making our plan into something that is not what we signed up for. Again, shame on you.
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 293 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
And don't forget, also forced to a 480p for streaming. I could have considered Liberty 12 mbps 50g for $100 but I am forced to watch pixel streaming at 480p.
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
I've only been a customer for 23 months, I am on Sat 1 and I've seen no noticable changes in my speeds, so I'm glad you've said "most" of us, because this forum only reflects a very small percentage of customers and mostly the ones with problems, which means there are hundreds of thousands that seem to be happy.

I do know that from what I've been reading for a while, I will not be changing plans or satellites!
(Edited)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Liberty and Freedom both allow you to turn off the Video Data Extender as do other plans with the exception of those deemed "unlimited", Spinninghorse.
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 293 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
Well, that is a little better news. As long as it can be turned off. Thx.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Unfortunately, still doesn't do anything about the prioritization at any time on Freedom during busy periods.

For my specific needs (and everyone's needs differ), Liberty is the better option now.
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
When I discovered they were doing away with the 25 boost Liberty 12 plan with 3 - 6 free zone I figured many plan configurations would come and go, but since my speeds are good even when I've used up all of my priority data, so I was never without internet, there was no way I was ever going to chance making any changes.

Why fix what isn't broken?
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
I'm grateful to this forum for advice on many things that have helped me manage my data and being a much happier camper with my streaming experience, by recommending PlayOn and PlayOn Cloud, which allows me to upload tons of things to the cloud using no data, so I can then download them to my computer during my free zone time, and those are all full HD, with some being over 2 Gigs in size, however they download in 5 to 8 minutes at 3:15 AM.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Don't give up your Liberty - we're all endowed by our creator with it.

Freedom and Unlimited, not so much.
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 52 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
They should offer the same identical plan for those of us that are on a plan currently and want to move to viasat 2. But no, they want to charge more for less. Sooooo, they start making us suffer through very slow speed in the hopes we will accept much less service for more money. Thanks viasat.
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
I've got a feeling thousands of customers are seriously impacted by your "plan change".  That this change affects older clients/plans doesn't seem to be a concern for you.  It is a determined effort on your part to force us to choose a new plan, a new satellite, even though we were happy with it as it was.  I'm sure we are the minority, but many of us have been with you a long time.  You could have handled this differently, but you didn't.  I've written many posts here when others get angry over slow speed.  Some said it was deliberate.  I doubted that it was deliberate before, but not now.  
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
here's a typical day for me with Viasat:

It's a good thing I go to bed early,  this goes down even further in the evening.  This did not happen last week.  This all started the day of my email notice on the 22nd of this month.

Photo of Chuck Mayo

Chuck Mayo

• 35 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
My typical days (and weekends) look like this now... my D/L speeds will stay around 0.4 Mbps until 3 AM. I still have 150GB of monthly data, for all the good it does me. I wonder how long it'd take me to download 150GB at 400 Kbps...
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
You might have 150GB. Doesn't mean you get to use 150GB. Sort of like "Unlimited" plans.

Verizon has 3 plans with "unlimited" in the title. Why would you need more than one? All the asterisks associated with each plan.

The devil is in the details.
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Wow, Chuck, that is terrible.  Anyone got a plan for revenge?  This is much worse than my situation.  My  outrage over this is going into a category of dealing with the five stages of grief.  I've reached out to locals here and solutions for me if I leave at this time in only Hughes.  I'm a senior senior and lifespan is a consideration for changing providers.  Viasat's "options" only pour salt on the wounds.  So, revenge is looking better and better.  Any legal ideas here? Never thought this company that has given me good service the last 10 years, would turn around and attack me.  And it's not just me but hundreds, thousands? My age is a plus as I no longer punch the clock,, am retired last 14 years.  I still enjoy decent speeds during the day.  I'm suspicious that they will attack that also with some frivolous tweaking of their "data allowance."  They need to feel some financial  pain over this.
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 66 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I had been on the Freedom 150 with the 25 mbps boost - ever since it was offered in my area. I told many people how good it was. I had been on the Liberty 50 with 25 boost prior to that. At the beginning it was great. I would have good speeds - many times over 25 mbps. But in the past several months, my Viasat was so horrible - even during the day - that I could not use it for work. Speeds less than 1 mbps and many disconnections. I work from home. I had resorted to rotating between using two different VZ aircard plans that I added to my postpaid account (throttled at 15 gb data) and an "unlimited" ipad ATT plan, also prioritized at 22 gb data. I was only using the Viasat for my other family members and what Directv managed to pirate. I have cleared out the internet connections many times on my Directv server and somehow it manages to set itself up again. My Directv server is in a separate building from my house and I cannot set it up from my TV's. But that is another story. As a result, I started searching with avengence for another internet solution. There is nothing here in Oconee County, SC,  but satellite - no cable, no dsl. I found an ATT MVNO that promises true unlimited and the new VZ prepaid unlimited jetpack plan. I purchased both. I have since given up the Freedom 150 and since this area has been so oversold, the only plans here are the liberty - only 12 mbps plans - not even the boost 25. Although I have the correct hardware for the boost 25. I have dropped back to the lowest cost plan available and plan to cancel that and send back my equipment. Yes, I actually gave up the Freedom 150 plan - which is no longer available here. 

If Viasat had treated me right, I would not have been desperate to find something else. I have held on way too long expecting better service. It seems ever since the satellite was launched my service has gone down the tubes. And no viasat_2 is not available here.

85% of all people in my town have no broadband solution other than satellite. As much as I think VZ & ATT are a rip off, I really feel like they are a better choice for me than dealing with the outages and bad service we have had lately with Viasat.
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 52 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Hi Kay, I thought I had it rough but you’ve been through a whole lot of chaos. When did your Freedom plan turn ugly? You mentioned several months ago. Did you get the email notifying you of plan change? I’m trying to figure out why many of us are happy with our plan, then a sudden change for the worse. I don’t think it’s anything on our end. After all it was okay before. They must have severely oversold and had so many clients leave that they are refiguring things to look like they’re “improving the situation for all”. I feel for you, this is not pleasant. Lost sleep over this last night. I hate to be taken advantage of, and this is what is happening to possibly thousands of viasat clients on the older plans. I will be looking at alternatives, might have to sell this house and move as there is no broadband here, only Hughes. No cell signal either. Thank you for sharing.
(Edited)
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 66 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
It seemed like it started degrading about the time the new satellite was launched. I had believed all the hype about the new satellite and how much better it would be. Also, when the heavy marketing started, I started noticing I couldn't even browse the internet in the evening - no matter how much below my 150 gb I was. When I first got Exede (now Viasat) no one around here even knew what it was. But then I started noticing signs on every corner and tons of TV commercials. I'm sure because there was nothing in this area but old DSL (no ports available at 1.5 mb service and ATT does not have any interest in this area - I couldn't even get a land line for 4 months) and Hughesnet. I also had a lot of friends at the nearby RV park (we are in a lake community on Lake Hartwell in SC) that I told about Exede. I even got the RV park management to put up a flier, because I felt sorry for my friends with no internet service. I started with the Liberty 12 and phone service, upgraded to the boost 25 and got the new modem, upgraded to the Liberty 50 as soon as it was available and then a couple months later I saw online the Freedom 150 was available - I jumped on it. The phone was pretty bad so I cancelled that as soon as I was out of contract. But the internet was great for a while. Even with the 600+ms latency I could deal with it for work as long as I could remote into a terminal server or a sql server. But probably mid 2018, I could not even use the satellite for work so I got an ATT ipad "unlimited" plan about 6 months ago. I moved the sim card in a Netgear LB1120 and I have used that for work almost exclusively since then. I only have 2 bars on ATT & VZ but it is usable. 

I did just call today and cancel completely, even though they tried to convince me to look at other plans. I told them I already had the best plan with the Freedom 150. Because we are so internet challenged here in this area, I really struggled with giving up that Freedom 150 plan. But when I was able to get the new prepaid unlimited jetpack plan from Verizon for $65 a month, that made up my mind. My Viasat bill has been right at $135-$140 per month. But it has not been about money for me - I need to be able to work 8-10 hr per day on remote servers and be able to attend meetings without being disconnected.

I did not get the notification of the plan change. Probably because I had just switch to the Liberty 12 from the Freedom 150 about two weeks ago - in anticipation of cancelling completely.
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
It seems like a number of posters on here are opting to move to the Verizon unlimited plan.

Good job Viasat of driving customers away by making unilateral changes that hurt them. Your subscriber base is already stagnant or shrinking. This isn't going to help matters.

Keep delivering sub par speeds to me and you will lose another one, but most likely to Hughesnet. Out of spite of course!
(Edited)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2235 Posts
  • 1365 Reply Likes
I have no doubt that they are going to lose some subscribers over this.  Maybe not a lot, but any loss hurts them, of course.  

And with speeds that have already been pretty low for some, is making them even lower really the answer?  SMH.  I really do feel for you guys.  
Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
@gabe , Well they lost me soon as i get my new stuff in next week and im trying to get everyone i talked into signing up for viasat off it also , they said theyre just waiting to see my speeds i get on the hotspot then switching with me if i like it
(Edited)
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 652 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes
Some tips about the Verizon Jetpack Unlimited Plan.

http://www.theboondork.com/mainphp/what-the-verizon-ordeal-has-taught-me

I'm considering this but will probably wait to see how it plays out on here before I jump in.
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Is there tips for dealing with Viasat's traffic management changes?

When you already start with a primetime speed below 500kbps and degrade that speed even more...

I never stream live. Makes we wonder if others that use to stream live cant now because of the changes?
Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
@vet , Is your speeds good in early morning to mid afternoon when the Brats Kids get home from school ? mines useable till then mon-fri , week ends tho no good lol
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Yes. But I am never on during weekday mornings nor before 6pm. Last Sunday at 4am I was rockin at 4.5Mbps (that is rockin for me).
(Edited)
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 66 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Just remember to get the VZ unlimited plan that is supposedly managed and not throttled - it needs to be the prepaid jetpack plan. I have two postpaid "unlimited" aircard plans on my regular postpaid phone plan and they definitely throttle after 15 gb to 600kbs - which sucks. My prepaid plan with the mifi 8800L I bought on ebay for $99 has had speeds as high as 80+mbps down over 20+mbps up with only 3 bars. Here at my house with only 2 bars I usually get 50+ mpbs over 15+mbps. I'm loving it so far. 

You will need to use a different contact email for your postpaid and prepaid plans, VZ doesn't seem to be able to understand that a customer can have both.
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
I have the home VZ phone that's only 25 bucks a month and it has a great signal, so I was thinking about going for the Prepaid Unlimited plan Jetpack for $65 instead of AT&T which is now available here, finally.  In a week and a half I'll be making my 24th payment to Exede/Viasat so I am considering the VZ jetpack because with no contract I could just give that a try before saying goodbye.
(Edited)
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 66 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
By the way, I signed up for the prepaid jetpack plan online using an old MIFI 6620l IMEI that I used to have on my postpaid plan several years ago. Then once I got the sim card and activated it, I used it for streaming on Roku for about a week. Then I bought a new 8800l and switched the device on the plan. Worked great.
(Edited)
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
If you have a good charge on your laptop and a backup APC, coupled with the jetpack, you would always have internet, even in a power outage.
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 66 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I do also have a generator for power outages. We get ice storms here and in the south they don't deal with ice very well.
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 66 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
@privatejordy that's basically what I did. Then I bumped my Freedom 150 down to Liberty 12 to save $80.
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
I do have a generator as well, but I only hassle with that when we're going to be out for long periods of time.

What I really love about a prepaid hotspot is how much cheaper it is for me in the long run, since I don't have a bill on the landside based hotspot when I spend months at my house in Puerto Rico.  Vacation mode here was never an option because your plan would be long gone when you return.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
That is a heck of a deal!

Not finding anything like that myself.  The 8800L would be a must to have with an unlimited plan.  Some of the other mifi devices are buggy and limited.
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
My Puerto Rico smart phone has lots of free hotspot data and a great signal there, and you can buy more data reasonably.  With everything down from the hurricane after I returned the last time, and because it usually takes forever for an installer to show up, that's what I used the whole time, and it worked great.
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
It's 7:45 central time and I am going to check my speed
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 165 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Don't hate on me, just hit 40.54 mbps on a Saturday evening, 10 till 8.  V 1 Liberty 12 25 boost with FZ
Photo of Matt Brown

Matt Brown

• 17 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
All of this frustration is very warranted. After getting 0.72 Mbps this evening, I contacted them. The woman told me that they oversold the service (yes, she admitted it), that there are too many people on the satellite, and that my options are to upgrade my plan or terminate my service. I said that's basically a big middle finger to me. She said I was notified by email (nope) about this change, and if I don't like it, I should upgrade or terminate service. I've never had a company try so hard to get me to cancel my service with them. Not only that, but she was rude and completely unhelpful. I see a class action coming here...
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 293 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
I did not receive any notification either.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Take anything said by support with a grain a salt.

That being said, there is a common theme that is being said here.  Upgrade or terminate service.

A way to push people to higher priced plans? 

Also a good way to alienate customers. 
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Ok all of you guys that signed up for the jetpack I got mine and oh my its awesome and only one one sometimes two bars. So far so good bet it will do even better with an antenna. BUT question is what app are you suppose to load so that you can pay your bill etc online. I gave all my info during sign up but they never had me pick a password for an account so I am a bit lost right now LOL 
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Never mind I figured it out had to go directly to my.jetpack website like when you go into a router 
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 66 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
@SonyaA I ended up having to call because I have a postpaid plan and every time i went online I could not get into the account with the prepaid phone number. Like a dummy, I had used the same email and contact number as my postpaid plan. So I ended up having to call prepaid support and they changed it to my husbands number and email for me, so I could get into it set up a password. 

What you do is go to the prepaid site and sign up for a new account online. And then there it will ask you for the number. It was a little time consuming since I had messed myself up, but the prepaid people were really nice.
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Yea I heard the two are completely separate and thanks will try to set it up this evening
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
yeah going to have to call its not taking the jetpack phone number at all and I dont have postpaid account 
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
called and got set up really quick the tech support was awesome the worse part was trying to get to an actual person through the phone automation 
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 297 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
On the jetpak topic, but first, still no notice from Viasat that the terms have changed on my Freedom plan - for the users of a jetpack, are any using a jetpak with a VPN connection for work?
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3177 Reply Likes
VPN works fine.

Which Freedom you got? 25Mbps or 12Mbps?
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Just tested jet pack with my VPN and seems to work fine got it one while posting this
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 297 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
VeteranSat - if you were asking me, my Freedom is 12 mbps.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3177 Reply Likes
Okay. Thanks. But FMJ got an email and he is 12Mbps.
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 297 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
An hour after I posted my question about the jetpak working with VPN, I got my email notice about the service change.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3177 Reply Likes
Yea. VPN does work fine with the Jetpack.
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
This is what is in the manual on my 7730L 

The Jetpack firewall determines which Internet traffic is allowed. The Firewall menu contains the following sections:

• VPN Passthrough — Turns ON/OFF the VPN feature and allows or disallows connected devices to establish a VPN tunnel.

• If ON, this feature allows VPN clients to connect through the Jetpack to remote VPN Servers. Normally, this option should be turned on.

• If OFF, VPN clients are not allowed to connect. 

(Edited)
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 66 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I do every day. Also run 4 VMs  (Oracle Virtualbox) to connect to clients with different VPN clients. Also use citrix. It all works out of the box.
(Edited)
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 293 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
Thank you. So you bought a jetpak, 2 bars of LTE, and no antenna, and it works great? I actually have an antenna in a box, just need someone to roof-mount it. I see Verizon offers it for $99/2 yr contract. Anyone know if that is for prepaid or only postpaid?
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
That wouldn't be for the unlimited plan you want (or need). You need to buy the device outright.
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
you want to look at the jetpack prepaid its $65 if you do autopay I didnt and it was $70 plus my state has taxes that was about $6 for unlimited contracted plans are NO were near as good as this 
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
OK when I first signed up without the autopay it charged taxes I switched over to autopay and it says I will be charged $65 for next month so no taxes on the autopay
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
All inclusive :).

So you get to buy and not lease:)
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1161 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
FWIW: Effective February 13, 2018

"Network Management Policy (“Policy”).....In addition, if needed to address congestion in a spot beam, Viasat may further reduce the speeds of the Network traffic of heavier users of Liberty Pass and of Excess Freedom Users through the end of their then-current billing period if de-prioritization is not sufficient to adequately manage congestion."

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Excess Freedom users. Like Gwen!!!
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 120 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
If they wouldn't have oversold these beams, they could honor existing plans as they were first intended for customers. But, being greedy and manipulative, they decided, keep getting new clients, throttle speeds of older clients to make the experience better for newer clients.  Wait till these newer clients have a few years under their belt, they too will feel the betrayal and ridiculously slow speeds.  
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1161 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
@Susan

Like any company, hindsight is 20/20, and foresight tends to be myopic (lacking intellectual insight).

By May 25, 2018, there were "about 43,000 subs were on those test plans (and only on ViaSat-1) at the end of Viasat’s fiscal Q3."

All that can be said, is unlimited plans were "test plans," ViaSat-2’s antenna issue may be related to throttling issue, previous Network Management Policy hinted about potential severe throttling...and "the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

So, is ViaSat-2’s antenna issue the causative reason for this change...I don't know.
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 66 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Also Office 365, Teams, Sharepoint, etc. I do pretty much remote into server to use SQL Server, it does not like remote connections and most sql server use AD so I need to login to servers with the specific AD account.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.