VERY SLOW INTERNET

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • In Progress
I Went over my 150GB limit so yes I know it will be slow during HIGH TRAFFIC HOURS, its 2am EST and its so freaking slow its really pissing me off...WHY?!
Photo of Rattler Network

Rattler Network

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • angry

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1436 Posts
  • 848 Reply Likes
Because you went over your priority data.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3507 Posts
  • 1316 Reply Likes
Summer is a factor too. We typically see late nights suffer from a "second wave" of peak hours as a lot of kids are out of school so there's more night owls gaming typically this time of year. You can also call us at 855-463-9333 to rule out any other factors
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
When you go over your limit all bets are off, it can become unusable for even things like e-mail.
Photo of Tonya Sumner

Tonya Sumner

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
mine is slower and i've only used 5g of 150g . horrible
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1421 Posts
  • 840 Reply Likes
Well that is because you are on a 150GB plan. They dont want you to have that much priority data. You need to change plans.
Photo of Rattler Network

Rattler Network

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
aCCORDING TO THEM UHHH iT GOES BACK TO NORMAL DURING loW tRAFFIC TIMES, 2AM IS A fucking low traffic time AND ITS STILL SHIT
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
If I remember correctly 2 am is in the middle of free time, a lot of people could be downloading then.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1421 Posts
  • 840 Reply Likes
Anytime, regardless of data used, a person with 150GB data can be slowed to nothing.

My 150GB data plan became worthless. I could change my plan or cancel service.

My name should say what I did.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 439 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
If you switch back to liberty your speed will come back right away.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1421 Posts
  • 840 Reply Likes
Provided you even have a Liberry plan available. Not all always have a Liberry plan option.

For instance in my location to get 65GB of priority data at up to 12Mbps, you have to pay north of $200/month.

Not sure how many people would be satisfied with that price/performance.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
I used to have Liberty plan, but it is no longer available in my area, looks like the same plans are available here that are in Ex-Sat's area. My Verizon service has tailed off the last month out of 6 months of service. I assume congestion due to the mass exodus from satellite in my area of Central Va. Some evenings and weekends it drops below dial-up speeds. It is still 5-10 Mbps Mon-Fri 7am-4pm and that is when I need it most working from home. It works through the worst down pour unlike Viasat I wonder if people will keep jumping to Verizon and ATT&T to the point that Viasat will have much better service than when I had it.