Customer service issue

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: gotten out of hand

When I called up to get some information all I got was alot of lip service and then the phone was slamed down. Do you think that would make me stay with your company.? I will not recomend you to any one.
Photo of Alana Walker

Alana Walker

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Alana, I’m extremely sorry for the way you were treated through our customer care. That is no way how we do business here at Exede. I would love to answer any concerns you may have with your service. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com Thank you for posting.  
Photo of JK

JK

• 42 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Alana, that's the day I left them. I was trying to get a hold of them for 10 hours and finally at 9:00pm someone picked up the phone and he had an attitude. I cancelled my service right then and I took the penalty.
Just for your info, if you live in a rural are where I live,  there are radio towers who provide a router with unlimited internet service. I am here to tell people that they have other options then to be sucked in by greedy companies.
I do have to say, that the reps here from EXEDE are as good as it gets, because their phone service is only lip service.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
If you really canceled right then and there as you say, how then are you still able to  post here?  This is a subscribers-only forum.   I must report this security breech immediately to ViaSat.  Apologies to Exede for going over your head,  this is too serious.  JK has obviously hacked the system and since there are military contracts with ViaSat, the methods of JK must be investigated and blocked for national security.  I'll also report JK to Homeland Security so he/she will be put on the No-Fly list in case military secrets have been compromised or stolen by the same hack.
Photo of JK

JK

• 42 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
everyone can sign on, you are not very well informed Craig, Champion LMAO.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
JK, you can't appreciate satire if you can't see it.  My bad, I'll tell old farmer jokes in the future.

Photo of JK

JK

• 42 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
people don't come here for jokes, they come here for help.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
You need to get educated Craig because your looking kind of silly on a great day like this. Exede is working slow but at least it's working. Yep jk if there here looking for help jokes are not on there mind.
(Edited)
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes

@ JK
people don't come here for jokes, they come here for help.
So when   Alana Walker   came here saying...

When I called up to get some information all I got was alot of lip service and then the phone was slamed down. Do you think that would make me stay with your company.? I will not recomend you to any one.
Do tell, what part of her rant was about seeking help?  She came here to dirt on Exede and incite others to join her.  All she got was you joining her crusade against Exede and you are not even a customer.

@ Bobbie Blackman

Look again at who needs educating.  Alana Walker can't even spell simple words.  "alot" is not one word, "slamed" has 2 m's and "recomend" does also.

You need educating a bit more too...
Yep jk if there here looking for help jokes are not on there mind.
Looking at the word "there,"  it would be correct to spell it "they're."  But wait...  There's more !  Notice your second use of "there."   It is proper to spell it "their."  Yea, I know it was only a silly mistake,  but you said I looked silly.

Furthermore, I have never knocked Exede, ever.  I have demonstrated my system to others and brought on board 3 more very satisfied customers.  I know more of what makes this company tick than you ever will.  Try reading my comments HERE

Back to JK

everyone can sign on, you are not very well informed Craig, Champion LMAO.

"everyone" cannot come here and sign on.  Anyone can read the forum but only registered users can post.  Get your facts straight.

Next?
(Edited)
Photo of JK

JK

• 42 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Apparently, I am a registered user just as yourself, and what is it to you anyways? You ain't any help to nobody! Keep your sarcasm to yourselves and stop correcting others.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
@ JK

What it is to me is that since you are not a subscriber, you have absolutely NO say in any matters here.  You are now a troll.

You said:
I cancelled my service right then and I took the penalty.
You, a registered user? Let's see how long that last.
Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.
Photo of JK

JK

• 42 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
It's free speech in America. Like it or not you "BULLY"
Photo of JK

JK

• 42 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
and it's none of your nosy business you internet forum bully "CraigChampion"
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
Name calling shows you're at the bottom of your  barrel.  I like to get the facts straight and the real truth out, problem is, so many people have their own truth, as they see fit.  Note it is their own, not the real truth.

I am not a bully.  I defend Exede when ignorant, untruthful things are said about Exede and the attacks against Exede turn to those that defend Exede. 

This is an honorable company that reaches out to those that have any problem whatsoever with their service as seen above by Exede Lindsey

Me, nosy?  I respond to what has been freely offered in any discussion here.  A nosy person pries for more information than that which is given.  Get your facts straight.
Photo of Susan B

Susan B

• 37 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Whoo lol normally Bobbie would have already replied but I picture that youngster scratching there head trying to figure out how to spell rollingdonuthole. Your perception of a help forum needs help. People that come here couldn't care less if there I's are dotted or there T'S are crossed much less about spelling or grammar. Nor should you especially wearing the champion badge. I always thought it rude @ the least to bring one's spelling and grammar up and proved to me how common ignorance is spelt. Out of all due respect to that champion badge! ~ Please by all means watch out not to scuff it on your flight looking for Bobbies doughnuthole. You have proven here that typing skills mean nothing when common sense is the only commodity required.You need to spend some time and shine up those social skills abit.  Knight isn't near as bad a fellow as I thought now that I have had the pleasure sharing this experience with your jabber Craig and I owe him a apology. Speeds are fine but my computer is slowing down. Reckin it's just wore out or getting old? Waite I bet it's exede's fault. PS   
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
I'm not real sure you talk to customers in this manner Craig, maybe in your world this is the norm but you don't impress anyone here silly bunny. And you looked a lot better setting on the shelf Kaotic. Weather Alana & JK are customers is not the point they deserve the benefit of the doubt from a champion and should not be harassed or made fun of. Now if Alex has a problem with this remark he needs to let me know. This forum is built on the tone and you need some adjustment Craig.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
Let's get something straight here.

I'm not paid by Exede and I didn't sign up to be referred to as a champion either.

I don't know why the Champion thing is attached to me, maybe someone there saw I will defend a just cause to the bitter end despite public opinion or ridicule, or I just said something that solved a problem, who knows?

Don't  slam me for defending myself or showing idiots point-blank what hypocrites they are, such as the rant against me by Susan B.  Take note Susan, it was THEM that said I needed a better education, all the while demonstrating their own shortcomings.  Don't go off on me because I am brave enough to stand up to jerks like that.

People that come here to slam Exede are the bullies, they know Exede can't put them properly in their place, but I can!

If you people hate Exede so much, do everybody, including Exede a favor and cancel your subscription.  Exede cares about their subscribers, will do everything possible to remedy an issue, but they sure don't need the cancer your of your hatred.

If anything ever made me a so-called "champion," it is that I will defend a good cause no mater how unpopular it may be to do so.

I already apologized to Exede for what this thread has turned into, hours ago, but don't miss my words to them:
I'm a cold red-blooded American and sometimes we must rise to the challenge and fight for what is right. 
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
Let's get something straight here.

I'm not paid by Exede and I didn't sign up to be referred to as a champion either.

I don't know why the Champion thing is attached to me, maybe someone there saw I will defend a just cause to the bitter end despite public opinion or ridicule, or I just said something that solved a problem, who knows?

Don't  slam me for defending myself or showing idiots point-blank what hypocrites they are, such as the rant against me by Susan B.  Take note Susan, it was THEM that said I needed a better education, all the while demonstrating their own shortcomings.  Don't go off on me because I am brave enough to stand up to jerks like that.

People that come here to slam Exede are the bullies, they know Exede can't put them properly in their place, but I can!

If you people hate Exede so much, do everybody, including Exede a favor and cancel your subscription.  Exede cares about their subscribers, will do everything possible to remedy an issue, but they sure don't need the cancer your of your hatred.

If anything ever made me a so-called "champion," it is that I will defend a good cause no mater how unpopular it may be to do so.

I already apologized to Exede for what this thread has turned into, hours ago, but don't miss my words to them:
I'm a cold red-blooded American and sometimes we must rise to the challenge and fight for what is right. 
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
I didn't double-post this...  the system somehow replicated it

Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
You should be excited you can see yourself talk twice as fast now.
Photo of Kaotic Technologies

Kaotic Technologies

• 281 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
Lol @ alana and jk
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
Lol?   I'm rolling on the floor! 
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
Disclaimer: I didn't write any of this....  my evil twin did...  really.
Photo of Alana Walker

Alana Walker

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
YOU CAN MAKE ALL YOUR CRACK POT JOKES YOU WANT, THE TRUTH , EXEDE IS NOT WHAT THEY SAY THEY ARE, AND DOING A POOR JOB AT IT.
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I'm sorry Alana that you had a bad phone support agent, I can say that the few times that I have called they have always been nice to me.  Now I may get frustrated with them because they couldn't fix my issue or I know more about my issues and what they need to do to fix it then they do but they have always been nice.  There have been a few people that have said that they had rude people and it is just surprising. 
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
@ Alana Walker

Let's not neglect the very person that started all this mess to begin with;

you said above:
YOU CAN MAKE ALL YOUR CRACK POT JOKES YOU WANT, THE TRUTH , EXEDE IS NOT WHAT THEY SAY THEY ARE, AND DOING A POOR JOB AT IT.
The "TRUTH" is that Exede is everything they claim to be and they are doing the best they can despite customers that are just too dumb to own a computer.  I am not directing the 'dumb' at you, yet.  People own and use computers without a clue about how it works and why it may be malfunctioning.  It keeps "The Geek Squad" in business at BestBuy.  Network devices rely on more than bright lights and shiny knobs.  The end-user devices have settings set up for the 'typical' user and  usually work although not always to the best of the particular device capability.

Along comes a typical consumer, subscribes to a service like Exede and it doesn't perform to expectations.  Who's to blame?  It's always going to be someone like Exede.  Customers don't setup the security on wireless routers and their cellphones  see an open WiFi and proceeds to do massive updates, all at the expense of the Exede subscription.  Others also connect their Netflix box to their router and since they didn't '"download" much on their computer, blame Exede for ripping them off on data.  Others don't know the difference between a download and streaming Hulu all night and again, it's Exede that gets blamed for "missing" data.

Look up the word "prejudice" sometime.  Forget it, I'll put it here:

1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
It is also called "Condemnation without investigation."

Most "Gripes" I've seen here are from people with prejudice, in that they did no investigation on their own as to why there is a problem.

Exede has to deal with the public and it's prejudice every day.

You came here to gripe, no other purpose or reason.  There is a absolute rule in life:  Never start a war if breaking even is the best outcome possible.

You are here at this forum.  By now you may have noticed everyone advises to send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com and include a description of your problem or concern, your contact information, and a reference to your post.  What's so hard about that?  This gives the person at Exede time to do research into your situation and develop a solution.  The person at the call center has very limited resources at their disposal and no time whatsoever to research situations or conditions that may be affecting your service.

Your coming here to rant is called "Flying off the handle" and I won't join you or any others that use tactics like that.  If want your system to work, do as advised by everyone that knows how to get thing done around here.
(Edited)
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
@ Exede,

This post is a bit out of character for me but Alana Walker came here to start a war.  I'm a cold red-blooded American and sometimes we must rise to the challenge and fight for what is right.   Apologies for the flame-war, and it still might get hotter.
(Edited)

Kaotic Technologies

• 281 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
Everything you said was spot on... I would like to add....if more of the salesmen were up front and honest about exede....mkst these people woukd not sign up, thus get mad and complain because they have been duped........... peoe who sell exede need to be paid salary...... nothing tied in with comission......ANY one that makes money on comission is a shark period...be offended.....you earn your pay check by manipukating, duping, run around blah blah..... used car salemen..... any one.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
@ Kaotic Technologies

Of course, honesty is the best policy. 

Too many people live by the phrase '"There's a sucker born every minute" 
P.T. Barnum (1810 – 1891)

(Edited)
Photo of Susan B

Susan B

• 37 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
When a champion jumps off they building like Craig just did the whole post gets deleted quickly so if anyone wants to keep a copy of this for next sundays cartoons they better screen shoot it.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
One bully is bad enough Kaotic two is a disgrace.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
At what point in this thread did you decide I must be a bully?  Was it when the former subscriber said so?  I suppose JK knows there will always be a handful of disgruntled customers out there that will join-up like a pack of wolves and take down anybody not also out for blood.  Notice one thing...  JK is not a subscriber, he/she is gone, but Exede is still here,  JK came back around to help stir the pot against Exede and add to his/her numbers of people that no longer subscribe, all based on his bad experience.   I see people here on a mission to hurt or destroy Exede to the extent they think they can get away with.

You need to figure out your priorities someday.  Am I to be called a bully because I refuse to back down on people's ignorant attacks on Exede?  Am I a bully because I don't follow herd mentality and go with the idiots that show up here to slam Exede? Am I a bully because I can't be recruited by the "down with Exede" types?

The true bullies are them that come and do a hit and run on Exede.  Bullies are them that ignore Exede employees that reach out to them to solve their issues with their service but still trash Exede because it's not the same as Comcast.

Bullies are them that see someone doing the right thing and since they disagree, try to stop them at any cost or casualty count.

You go ahead and join-up with them and let your hate spread.  Eventually your world will be a smoldering pile of things that would have worked if you took the time to learn how to use them. 

Go ahead and quit with Exede and don't stop there, go after the utility companies too, after all you live in the dark anyway.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
#1 you're not a exide employee I don't know who you are trying to convince what a good guy you are or impress because I don't really think anyone here cares. Running good speeds and my data loss has stopped. Never pin a news website with a running video.
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hello all, 

Please keep your discussions civil.  We are here to help everyone
on the forum equally and appreciate everyone's feedback.  Thank you. 
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Excuse me Lindsay would you please speak to who you are talking. If it is me just say so but don't lump me in the pile with the ones responsible. I have been civil. Put the blame where it goes. ty
(Edited)

Kaotic Technologies

• 281 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
Lol reading all the posts......point is, origonal poster came in here to complain, not accept any help....thats it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.