Very disappointed in this company no way to treat veterans

• Idea
  • Updated 6 months ago

Here is my situation. My Father in
law who lived in North Dakota needed internet I live in San Antonio so we went with Viasat (Exceed) and unknowingly paid for easy care. He passed away and we have sold his house and are flying up next week to pack up his belongings. I am trying to explain to the representative on the phone (Alex 03613901) that we no longer need the service since no one will be living there.

They are charging me a $200 disconnection fee and refuse to send a shipping label until the service is disconnected. I needed the service active until July 5th because there is no cell service where he lived.  I will only be in the area next week to pack up the house. So I asked them to send it today and cancel the service on July 6. They said there is no way to send the label ahead of time.

I am disappointed that this company has no way to wave a contract due to death of the user. There is also, no way to send a simple box (that they require) ahead of canceling the service. They had me so frustrated that I just canceled the service.  Adding pain to suffering is no way to treat veterans.
Photo of tomatoink r

tomatoink r

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated/Disappointed

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Shawn Barker Davenport

Shawn Barker Davenport

• 11 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I'm so sorry they did that to you!!! I cant stand this company and I'm stuck with them until I can get another company out here. They do not care about the customers what so ever. I know if you send a complaint to the BBB (better business bureau) you get quick responses!!
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1021 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  

We do have policies regarding death of the account holder.  Please email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com with his account number, and we can instruct you on what to do.  You will still have to call in to disconnect, however.

The agent was correct in saying we do not send out the equipment recovery kit before an account is completely disconnected.  It's a systematic thing, we have no control over it.