Very confused?

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
 Very confused about my current plan.  I originally signed up for the evolution plan.  So its 5gb cap, but without limits on normal websites and emails.  I then check my online account, it show 100% usage of like 15 gb?  Then today I get an email stating they are increasing my limit to 10gb a month.  So wheres the 15gb from thats on my online account meter?
Photo of marcus cameron

marcus cameron

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of R Frederick

R Frederick

• 108 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
I have the same question! I saw on an Exede website that they were offering 15 GB and had increased the amount on some of the other plans for 6 mos. That's where I figured the 15 GB came from. Now I guess it is Exede giveth and Exede taketh away? (Just kidding). I'm happy with 10 GB so I'm really not complaining but was wondering what was going on. I've only used 4 GB and have 4 days to go for this month. Because I have plenty of wiggle room I did download a couple of short videos today which pushed me to the 4 GB. I try to be careful with my time (miserly) so I'm happy to have more time. Thank you Exede.
Photo of ExedeEmerald

• 204 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Hi R Frederick, I am glad that you are enjoying the higher gigs on your plan, I know that is always helpful with downloads. If you are noticing things on your usage meter looking a little off like Marcus, please send me an email as well at If you have questions or concerns about anything else on your account feel free to send me an email. =) 
Photo of James

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
When I purchased the plan in June, 2014 it was advertised as 15gb for 24 months.  That's why I chose it.  Now it has been cut to 10 and they said it will be 5.  But, they told me it never was 15.  I asked for the original contract and they will not provide it.  The one dated Oct. 7, 2014 is available online. After two calls and speaking to a supervisor who spoke to some other department, they said they would snail mail me a copy.  It did not come. 
Not happy with Exede! 
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Hello James, I can take a look into this to see what happened with getting you a copy of your contract. Please send me your info to and I will get to it. Thank you for letting us know what's going on.
Photo of ExedeEmerald

• 204 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Hi Marcus Cameron, I would be more then happy to take a look at your account to see what is going on with your usage. Please send me an email at and I can see what is going on with your gig usage. =) 
Photo of Jacqueline Tierney

Jacqueline Tierney

• 269 Posts
  • 156 Reply Likes
I was just reviewing the email after seeing the posting.  It appears from the email that they are changing the plan to 10 GB on a permanent basis?  I also was getting the extra that I assumed they were giving to existing customers (15 GB) for the 6 month basis.  If the 10 GB is an increase that will be ongoing its definitely a good step in the right direction and even if we don't get to keep the 15 GB for this entire month  having 10 GB for ever is better in the long run, plus the free GB they are offering for a time can make up for losing the 15 you might have had this month if you need the data.  I'm saving my free GB for Thanksgiving and Christmas to give my kids a little more access when they are home visiting.  Yes it is a bit confusing though so can a representative from Exede confirm what they are doing here for sure.  Thanks!