usage and billing question

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem resolved. No need for further response at current time.

I would like to know what time zone figures the usage and billing. Also since my account is automatically taken out of the bank, is there anyway I can see a bill online? I have not been able to access it.
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3178 Posts
  • 2046 Reply Likes
Nancy, you can view your bill online anytime by going to https://ecare.wildblue.net/pages/billHistory.xhtml  just put in your full wildblue or exede email address and your password.
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I have exede and I have tried that. I cannot bring up anything to do with bills. I am able to get my usage but it always changes about two hours before midnight which is why I asked about the time zone Still would like to be able to access my bill. 
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Nancy P,
I can help. We can check the system to make sure you are subscribed to the correct timezone and also assist you with viewing your bill online. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account information for further assistance. Thanks.
Exede Crystal
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Thank you so much, Crystal for helping me access my bill. I am still going to watch the usage at the end of my billing cycle and will get back in touch with any problems. 
Thanks again and thank you, Steve F. 
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
The online meter will show the usage reset at 0:00 GMT (midnight) on you billing date (say date is 10th, at midnight at midnight at the end of the 9th GMT, the online meter will show it reset.) However the actual reset will not happen until midnight of your billing date in your local time zone.

For me, in the central US time zone, that is a 6 hour difference where my meter shows no usage but, it is still in fact counted to the previous months total.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Bev,

I am trying to reach you for some recognition.  Can you please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information.  Thank you so much.
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes

Bev, That is the way I understood it, too, but my meter was starting a new month by around 2 hours prior to the midnight hour. If my time is starting to deduct at 10 then I lost some time that I should have had. That was my problem. I am going to continue to watch it on the billing cycles to see if it continues. If so, I will try to get a snapshot of it. Thanks for your input. 
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
If it is doing that then yes, a tech needs to look at your account and see why.

I don't know how Viasat's time zone location system works but, my husband has a GPS/Satellite based system in his semi truck and, because of data entry error, for a time it showed a city in Wisconsin being on Hawaii time - it thought the place was 5000 miles from where it really was. LOL.

It's possible that Viasat's system somehow has you in the wrong time zone.
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 124 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Crystal checked and they say it is showing the right time zone. I will just wait and see next billing period or start using more of my data sooner. Thanks.
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Nancy,

You're very welcome and thank you for posting. I'm glad I was able to assist you with your issues. If you ever need help with anything, don't hesitate to send me an email. Have a great weekend.

ExedeCrystal

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.