Usage Concerns

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
always says 100 percent usage used. Y'all emailed me 70 percent used and 100 percent used at the same time. What a joke. This is a scam. Because I paid and then 5 hours later it said all data gone. Try talking to them and they told me I used data when internet was off. LolOver and over again.
Photo of Sandra Dunn

Sandra Dunn

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • very disappointed

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3250 Posts
  • 1865 Reply Likes

Seems to work for a lot of us just fine.

Just curious, are you on the old Wildblue service or Viasat (Exede) Internet. 

Photo of Sandra Dunn

Sandra Dunn

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You must be a employee
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 784 Posts
  • 393 Reply Likes
Nope, VeteranSatUser is a customer, just like you!  Employees, such as myself, will have a tag marking them as such.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3047 Posts
  • 1069 Reply Likes
Hi Sandra could you call us at 855-463-9333 so we can take a look at this for you? There could be some things hogging your data like updates or streaming. You could also email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com but with the new year holiday you may get a much faster answer if you call the number instead
Photo of Sandra Dunn

Sandra Dunn

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did call you. My internet was totally off and unhooked. You said I used all my data up.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 784 Posts
  • 393 Reply Likes
If your modem is not connected, then the usage meter will not update.  Plug your modem in, let it sit for 24 hours, and then look at the usage, or contact us for a usage review.  
Photo of Timothy Apjok

Timothy Apjok

• 12 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
We did that as well. I thought it was Viasat until I turned off EVERYTHING and it stop using data. Then I started turning on things one at a time and I found that my wife's phone was backing up to the cloud. The setting was turned on accidentally and it was uploading 40+ GB of data and was just eating through our usage. I turned that off and everything settled in to normal usage. It took us less than 2 days to run through 12gb of data with her phone on like that. My guess is that something on your network is actually using it, you just need to track it down. Believe me, I was EXTREMELY frustrated for my first few days of service.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2119 Posts
  • 1851 Reply Likes
Thanks for posting that Timothy.  There are so many things that use data today that it can be a huge deal to try and track them down.  Unfortunately a lot of posters blame Viasat first and then never come back and let us know that it was really something else.  Thanks again! 
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3250 Posts
  • 1865 Reply Likes
Windows 10 updates and cloud backups are bad bad things for satellite internet.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2137 Posts
  • 1058 Reply Likes
Shouldn't have used all your data.

I normally go through my 12 GB in a couple of days. It doesn't bother me ome bit because the Liberty Pass works great.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2137 Posts
  • 1058 Reply Likes
One question though. How is it saying 70 percent of your data is used if it always says 100 percent of your data is used? Is this that common core math they are teaching kids these days?
Photo of Timothy Apjok

Timothy Apjok

• 12 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Without seeing what you're looking at, I am guessing it's a Browser issue. Maybe clear cache and try again? The Visat/Exede website has never been great and quite often my usage doesn't even load until I refresh the page a couple times. Also, another option is the text option. You set up texting and you send a text with USG to 20715 and it gives you your usage as close to real time as I have seen. It's usually off by about an hour or so, but normally more accurate than the website.
Photo of Sandra Dunn

Sandra Dunn

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This problem has not been resolved. I am not ever able to download anything. Speed is awful . It want do it. It just runny and runs until it says out of data. It never used any. This internet is a joke. You should give people there money back.
Photo of Sandra Dunn

Sandra Dunn

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Internet off for 3 weeks and still used all data. Try talking to them is like a broken record.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 784 Posts
  • 393 Reply Likes
Sandra,

Have you sent us an email?  ViasatListens@viasat.com

We're happy to work with you to correct your service issues!
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3250 Posts
  • 1865 Reply Likes
Seems to work well for a number of us.  Not sure why you are having so many problems.  Have you contacted a moderator on here directly?