usage

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • In Progress
Why when it rains I have no internet,but gee I use 2-4 gb..I was without internet for 3 days because of rain and it still said I used 6 gb..Or like ok I had always given back gb because I never used them all and after about year,year and half now I don't have enough to do what I normally do for half a month or so and I run out..This really sucks everytime I see that Exede commercial on tv I want to kill my tv...I call and complain,but all I get is we show you used it all etc and were sorry you feel that way..I have the 25gb package too,never ever ran out of gb before,what's up ????
Photo of Marguerite Rockwell

Marguerite Rockwell

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • angry,confused

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3063 Posts
  • 1283 Reply Likes
Marguerite, Are you using any flash, ad and, media blockers? The internet today is geared to unlimited data, videos load whether you want to see them or not, pages are loaded with images, sometimes sound. All of that uses a lot more data than it did even two years ago.

Also, the modem does not report usage in real time. It usually reports it within 15 minutes but, that can take up to 24 hours or longer. Obviously if it can't connect, it can't report usage and, in those cases it will report all unreported usage when it does connect again.

If you think your usage is in error, you can send an email with your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com and, request a usage review.
Photo of les

les

• 85 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
It reads that it was disconnected for three days.
yes I have seen this too.
but we also had our power off for 4 to 5 days.
so we know in our case it was not us using any data.
 but in this ladies case her internet was not connected.

sadly the "helpers" on the phone are not always the helpful kind.
so you have to call and call until you reach a person that listens and is able to help you resolve the issue.

using that email might be a better solution than calling?
I hope you are successful and find out where has all the data gone? 
(Edited)
Photo of les

les

• 85 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
 and grr those nasty ads and auto play video are terrible for using our precious data.
 I block flash with the flash blocker and disabled video
but those ad folks are finding ways around that.
 So we have to do everything we can to keep on top of blocking those ads that are flash based and the other quick time stuff that uses so much more than text or even the small picture ads of yesterday.

I agree about those ads - gotta stop them from stealing our time and our data 

Photo of Dave Eicher

Dave Eicher

• 147 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Any change in operating systems?
Photo of Marguerite Rockwell

Marguerite Rockwell

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No
Photo of Dave Eicher

Dave Eicher

• 147 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
And you are using what?
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2215 Posts
  • 417 Reply Likes
Hi Marguerite, Please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com. We'll be happy to review your account.