Usage

• Idea
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Under Consideration
Viasat Internet:
Funny about the data usage yesterday it said i used 258 gigs and this morning it says i have used 150 gigs Just wish these people would get it together and give us what we pay for and stop trying to pull the wool over us
Photo of darin meyer

darin meyer

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • amazed

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2739 Posts
  • 1720 Reply Likes
From what I can remember about the Viasat usage meter, it will top out on the maximum number of the plan you have. Therefore on the 150 GB plans, the maximum reading will show as 150 GB, and not the amount you have used if you are over the priority data limit.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2120 Posts
  • 1854 Reply Likes
$300 plans?
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 293 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
I have a 150 plan and last month, last few days actually showed 154.8 used.

Started trying to watch some DTV on demand.

I had to work to use that much data.

Normal internet browsing, research, even my on line teaching, 7 computers updating, two iphones updating, probably 85 or 90 GB would do.  
Photo of darin meyer

darin meyer

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yea some how you use way more data than you think. Used to have cable internet and my kids play online games,watch utube videos and only once did we ever go over 300gb now with viasat by the middle of the month we r over 200 every month and we r not on the internet a quarter as much and cant get over 15 megs fast 90% of the time really sucks hardly can watch hulu,or netflix most of the time
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2120 Posts
  • 1854 Reply Likes
Excuse me?  What? 

"cant get over 15 megs fast 90% of the time really sucks hardly can watch hulu,or netflix most of the time"
Photo of darin meyer

darin meyer

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Most of the time its like 2 megs so much for paying for 25 megs fast and unlimited data
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2120 Posts
  • 1854 Reply Likes
2mbs is more than enough to stream with.  Again, the unlimited plans are lower than that as is the Data Opto-throttle that other plans can switch on and off.  Other issues can affect streaming from having the resolution set too high on Netflix to your streaming device not having enough memory to help with buffering.
Photo of darin meyer

darin meyer

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I dont no where you come from but 2megs is not enough to stream
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2119 Posts
  • 1851 Reply Likes
Would someone else like to set this guy straight?
( are you using the wifi or are you hardwired?)
(Edited)
Photo of darin meyer

darin meyer

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hardwired into a ps4 my phone service has faster internet
Photo of darin meyer

darin meyer

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
See this is whats funny yesterday windy and cloudy speeds around 12 stream hulu all day long no buffering. Today sun shining,no wind,clear skys 18 megs and buffering thanks viasat