Upload Usage issue

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. No need of further response at current time.

How is it that my upload usage always shows over four times the amount I'm downloading? I'm not uploading anything. I've downloaded NetBalancer to monitor my network traffic for the last few months, and there are no such uploads. I've checked my computer with Microsoft Security Essentials, MalwareBytes, AVG, and TrendMicro, and there are no viruses, worms, hijacks, or any other malware. Where is it that your computers think I'm uploading to, so I can block it?
Photo of Timothy Dungan

Timothy Dungan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Exede Zac

Exede Zac

• 183 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hello Timothy. 

I'm reaching out for assistance on this one to see what help and information we can relay back to you on this. Please allow me some time and once I have received an answer to resolve your issue, I'll post back here. 

Thanks very much!
Photo of Timothy Dungan

Timothy Dungan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's strange that you need to talk to someone else to resolve an issue that clearly comes up continuously in these forums. Still, when you talk to those mysterious people who keep giving you the same answer that you regularly forget, please tell them that I believe your company is intentionally defrauding me. (Please don't respond with how you're sorry I FEEL that way. It's a point of fact, and you know it.)

I know that the extra bandwidth is not going to or from my computer through my Ethernet port. Either your bandwidth monitoring program is intentionally overstating my bandwidth usage, or your equipment (router/dish/tria/whatever) is transferring data on its own outside of my control in order to purposely use up MY bandwidth. I believe that this is something your company does on purpose to bypass your contractual requirements. I believe that you're doing it to pretty much all of your customers.

The thing is, like many of your other customers, I live in a rural area where I don't have alternatives for broadband. I'm stuck with you. So, when you talk to those people, tell them I don't want a $20 refund or some fake examination of your equipment to see what's "broken," I want (in fact, demand) all of the back bandwidth you owe me, and you need to turn off the fake bandwidth usage immediately.

My intention is to continue being a good, regularly paying customer using your service, so fix it, quit gauging me, and hold up your end of the CONTRACT. Now!
Photo of Justin

Justin

• 47 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
+1
Photo of Exede Zac

Exede Zac

• 183 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Timothy, the reason we reach out on these issues for help is because we have different teams within ViaSat that can help further investigate your issues and help provide a resolution. I do want to help. However, I will need some account information to get a better look into what's going on.

Can you email exedelistens@viasat.com with your phone number to your account? I will be able to look into your account further this way. Thanks very much.
Photo of Timothy Dungan

Timothy Dungan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've sent the information to you. We'll see what happens.
Photo of Exede Zac

Exede Zac

• 183 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks Timothy. I did reply back to your email and your information has been submitted to our higher-up department for research and investigation on this. I do intend to follow back up with you, once I've heard more. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Photo of Timothy Dungan

Timothy Dungan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You asked me for 72 hours to follow up on this and get back to me. That was six days ago.
Photo of Kiowa

Kiowa

• 30 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I have the same problem, except my upload usage is nearly 20 times my download this month, it's been like this for the last couple months actually but this month is just insane.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3127 Posts
  • 2012 Reply Likes
The data meter show the download and upload numbers in reverse of reality. This problem has been discussed many time over the past several months in the other forum.
Photo of Jackson Browne

Jackson Browne

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok, it has only been a month since the problem was 'submitted to our higher-up department '.... Guess one would be wrong to have expected an answer by now.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.