Upgrading plan

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
How to upgrade from Unlimited Silver 25 to Unlimited Gold 30. Easy to do?
Photo of Luke Parks

Luke Parks

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 647 Posts
  • 608 Reply Likes
It's as easy as going online and a few clicks:

https://help.viasat.com/articles/General/How-to-change-your-plan

You'll be shown the plans you can switch to.

However, a better question might be what you're hoping to accomplish by switching plans? Specifically, what problem are you attempting to address with your Unlimited Silver plan? Sometimes bigger and costlier doesn't mean better.

Since speeds are not guaranteed, the real differences between unlimited plans are their data usage thresholds and the video quality resulting from different throttled speeds on detected video streams (again no guarantees on the latter speeds). 
(Edited)
Photo of Admiral Korbohuta

Admiral Korbohuta

• 343 Posts
  • 141 Reply Likes
The online method hasn't worked for me in years. Nothing shows up and it says to call instead.

Photo of Markgc

Markgc, Champion

• 364 Posts
  • 96 Reply Likes
Same here
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 647 Posts
  • 608 Reply Likes
Some have suggested that is because you would need to switch satellites, re-up for 2 years and it requires an installer visit - they want to deliver the bad news in person since some ignore fine print.
(Edited)
Photo of Admiral Korbohuta

Admiral Korbohuta

• 343 Posts
  • 141 Reply Likes
When I switched from Freedom I was given the option of several unlimited plans that required new equipment along with a 2 year contract and also several Liberty plans that did not. I went with Liberty.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2191 Posts
  • 1282 Reply Likes
Before paying more money, definitely ask what you are looking for and is it worth it.