Upgraded to Silver plan from Bronze because of slow speeds (1-2 Mb). Now only .44 Mb...:-(

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
Started with the Bronze Plan which was OK to begin with...and then all I watched was the circle going around. Typical speeds on the 15 Mb plan were about 1-3 Mb. I upgraded to the Silver Plan which worked great for about 5 days and now I am at .44 Mb.
Unbelievable....
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Very discouraged....

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I was going to do a screenshot of my latest speed test...but my download speeds won't even allow that.
So, now I am paying for internet but have to use my hot spot to download anything.....
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Regardless of plans, some beams have been really, really slow. I still have plenty of data left in my Freedom plan. Last night at 11pm I was running under 500kbps.

For the last several nights during primetime, my speeds are running at the Wildblue level, which was 10 years agip.
(Edited)
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
So, what's the solution?
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2687 Posts
  • 1402 Reply Likes
No complaints here. I'm paying for up to 12 mbps.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1855 Posts
  • 1151 Reply Likes
SMH.  
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1279 Posts
  • 416 Reply Likes
Hey Stephen. Why don’t we take up a collection and pay to get you switched over to an unlimited plan. Then post your speeds. That would be interesting.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2687 Posts
  • 1402 Reply Likes
No thank you. The highest amount of priority data you can get on an unlimited plan is 100 GB and it doesn't come with a free zone.

I used 280 GB last month on my Liberty 12 plan thanks to the free zone. I only used 10.5 GB of priority data so speeds never slowed down too much in the evenings.

I'm planning to download Trailer Park Boys in the morning and won't be using a bit of my priority data. Can't do that on unlimited.

Man I love being poor white trash.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 422 Posts
  • 141 Reply Likes
We get it. Your on a Liberty plan on an uncongested beam. How does repeating this over and over and over help with any of the people here with legitimate issues and concerns??? It doesn’t. At all. It borders on trolling and I’m sure there is a user agreement for this discussion board that prohibits trolling. Any admins care to chime in on this???
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2687 Posts
  • 1402 Reply Likes
I'm just a happy customer.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1279 Posts
  • 416 Reply Likes
I actually don’t mind his trolling. It kind of shows what’s wrong with ViaSat. His beam is nice. We get it. But, he pays a lot less and gets a lot more than most of us. The unfairness amongst different beams is really an issue.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2687 Posts
  • 1402 Reply Likes
But I adjust my habits so I can get a lot more. If I weren't taking advantage of the free zone or Liberty Pass, there is no way I could use this much data.

Less than 10 percent of my Viasat traffic is done during primetime. What I am doing is similar to recording programs on a VCR for viewing at a later time. I just so happen to only have my VCR set yo record three hours a day.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 422 Posts
  • 141 Reply Likes
Thank you, now that was valuable information.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2687 Posts
  • 1402 Reply Likes
Glad I could help.
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'm paying for up to 25 Mb. I guess you're just lucky.....
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 348 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
Good morning Darell,

Something seems off, Latency 96 ms?, Sat is always 600 plus?

Download .25 and upload 2.11:

I have never experienced an upload faster than download speeds, i am not saying it can't happen but that is a significant difference.

Also Sprint in the top margin, are you are sure you testing Viasat.
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I've tested from several different sources.
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
All I get from Viasat is "Latency Error".
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It just tested at 296Kb
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 348 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
Latency is definitely off. 

I guess you have rebooted the modem, if not do that, and i'd reboot the computer as well

Also you could list your data from the modem status page:

1.Resistance, SNR, Attenuation, RX power.

2. Also test your speed with Fast.com, this is a streaming speed which does not directly correlate to your down load speed.

Post 1 and 2 above and possibly someone on this board will respond, but with that data they might be able to assist you.
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Where is the modem status page?
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3105 Posts
  • 1989 Reply Likes
Derrell, Test with testmy.net or speedtest.net. It looks like you have used the google speed test which is known to have unreliable results
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
I find testmy.net the most reliable for satellite internet. Used it for over 10 years.
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I just used speedtest.net and got;
0.16 Mb and 0.33 Mb
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 958 Posts
  • 484 Reply Likes
Derrell,

Send an email to us at ViasatListens@viasat.com.  Be sure to include your account number and a detailed account of your issue.  We'll take a look and see what can be done!
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 820 Posts
  • 499 Reply Likes
The only issue he is experiencing is congestion and there is nothing to be done about that until Viasat 2 is opened up nationwide.
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
So, I emailed customer service and was told after 60mb my service was put behind every one else's. I was sold my "Unlimited Data" plan saying I was going to have 150Mb uninterrupted before they effectually shut me down. They magically changed it to 60Mb and have throttled me down to about 0.25 Mb....in other words, shut me off, effectively.
Very dissatisfied.
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
Really? That doesn't sound right. If you had a plan with 150GB of priority data, you should still have that. Perhaps the customer service agent was confused. It wouldn't be the first time. It won't be the last time.
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
No...I went online and they definitely have changed it to 60Mb. :-(
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
When did you change to the silver plan? After they significantly reduced the priority data allotment?
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
You indicated you originally had the Bronze Plan and then switched to the Silver Plan. Your original post seems to imply that was a recent switch. When did you originally sign up for the Bronze Plan?

All unlimited plans that were sold prior to February 13, 2018 had a data usage threshold of 150 GB.

Unlimited plans sold after that date have 40, 60, 100 and 150 GB data usage thresholds for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum respectively.

If you signed originally signed up for Bronze prior to February 13 you would have had 150GB, upon switching to the Silver Plan after that date your threshold would now be 60GB.    

(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
That is what I am thinking happened too.
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Eventually folks will figure out that they're not paying for more speed (just a promise of it) on these types of switches on unlimited plans - they're simply paying for a higher data usage threshold and a promise of higher quality video (not guranteed either).

In this case, it sounds like he was burned twice over - paying more for a lower data usage threshold.

Those thinking they're paying for more speed, should ask themselves why are the Unlimited Gold 50 and Unlimited Gold 30 plans the same price right now? For that matter why is Unlimited Gold 12 (now WiFi included) only $5 less?? 
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
Yes. Even though I have Freedom now and the video downgrader turned off, I still have to preload video content. There is no way I could watch Netflix during primetime when my speeds are running around 250kbps.
(Edited)
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Signed up on Nov 2017 with bronze at 150Mb...got tired of watching the buffer circle so upgraded to Silver 2 weeks ago (Mar 2018) thinking it would help. Was never told about the 60Mb.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3092 Posts
  • 1983 Reply Likes
Once again, another person agreeing to a plan without reading just what is included in the plan. You go exactly what you agreed to, you can't go blaming Viasat for your decision to change plans without checking the details of that new plan.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
Sorry Derrell. I am afraid you downgraded by upgrading. Short of being able to watch videos at 480p, you are paying more for less.
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Got to hand it to them...they beat me fair and square. When I first signed up...everything was 150. I didn't figure on them cutting my service by over 40% for more money. 
Good racket.
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I will be looking for another ISP.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
They cut you by 60%. You now have 40% of the priority data you once had.

You do have 480p video now though.

I would say if you can get Liberty, change to that.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1769 Posts
  • 1077 Reply Likes

If you stumble through life without looking at where you are going, you are sure to fall someday.  So it's Viasat's fault now that you made a blind choice? 

I suppose it's a fit with the song lyrics: "Don't it always seem to go, That you don't know what you've got Til it's gone"  (Big Yellow Taxi).

Oh... BTW...  You'll be singing that song again after you leave Viasat.

(Edited)
Photo of Brandon Fisher

Brandon Fisher

• 92 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Uh oh one of the brown nosers has showed up sorry your feeling got hurt today by other people voicing they're truthful opinion. Sorry but if the shoe fits.....
Photo of Brandon Fisher

Brandon Fisher

• 92 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
That cant be right they cant just change your contract like that without you agreeing to it you sure you didn't switch plans after the change. Because my silver unlimited still shows the graph to 150 gigs. The rep you spoke to most likely thinks your on one of the new plans.
Photo of Brandon Fisher

Brandon Fisher

• 92 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I just checked mine to make sure it didnt change and it should still look like this unless you changed something.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
If you read what the OP posted he did change his plan. When he went from Bronze to Silver, he got one of the new Silver plans with less priority data. Should you change now you will not find a plan with 150GB of priority data like you have now.
Photo of Brandon Fisher

Brandon Fisher

• 92 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
True but aren't they legally supposed to tell him of any change in his contract. Because i remember when i was going to switch to platinum over the phone they read the contract to me and informed me of the data change. And i thats what stoped me from switching.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1769 Posts
  • 1077 Reply Likes

Brandon...

Per the OP...
I upgraded....

Did you miss the part where HE CHANGED PLANS and therefore conditions??  Viasat put him on the plan HE chose.    Viasat didn't just come out and switch him, HE did it himself, and now has buyers remorse over what HE did, not Viasat.  I give him a lot of credit though, he's apparently not bitter about his blunder as he said....
Got to hand it to them...they beat me fair and square.

The OP could have also changed plans online without talking to anybody at Viasat, not that it matters, HE changed his plan.

(Edited)
Photo of Brandon Fisher

Brandon Fisher

• 92 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Oh its you the corporate brown noser. Just figured id let you know this. But you do not get to me and you never will. So your just waisting your keystrokes not to mention you must read what you want because i already acknowledged what your even typing about. So hats off to you for your either low reading comprehension skills or just straight up wonderful ability to choose what you want to try to defend for viasat.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1769 Posts
  • 1077 Reply Likes

Brandon Fisher
But you do not get to me and you never will.

The name of the game is You Can't Win, and I run the game.  It can go on until you beat your modem and TRIA to pieces with a bat.  You're new, but you'll learn.

You spouted off.....
True but aren't they legally supposed to tell him of any change in his contract.
Legally what?  Derrell Day never said he talked to anybody.  Did you even stop to consider he may have changed plans online?  The conditions of a new plan are there to read. Volunteer to be his lawyer and see if he takes you up on the offer. Ok, that doesn't make sense, he's not being an idiot, you are.

On my.... 
either low reading comprehension skills or just straight up wonderful ability to choose what you want to try to defend for viasat.
Since you consider yourself so observant, perhaps you missed this:  It is you that needs to learn how to write clearly.  Your use of the word "True"  is un-associated to any particular statement. 

Is it "True" that you agree "If you read what the OP posted he did change his plan." or is it Is it "True" "Should you change now you will not find a plan with 150GB of priority data like you have now." or is it "True" "When he went from Bronze to Silver, he got one of the new Silver plans with less priority data."?   There are 3 processes your use of the word "True" could have referenced, but didn't.

Your writing skills leave a person not knowing what you just agreed to but the narrative of your words does indicate it most closely matches "When he went from Bronze to Silver, he got one of the new Silver plans with less priority data."  Then you went into your legal crap and I took notice.   You are correct on one of your issues with me though, I do have a straight-up wonderful ability to choose what I want to try to defend for Viasat.

Also...Nowhere did you qualify "i already acknowledged what your even typing about." since the word "True" that you used above is not defined.

BTW... My speed is consistently faster than Stephen Rice's that he posted earlier in this thread, (the speed you were a bit upset about not getting for yourself and the way you're going... never will).   I'd post a screen of a test for you but it just pisses everyone else off, so I spare them, they know already.

Your turn , loser.
Photo of Brandon Fisher

Brandon Fisher

• 92 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Really? i'm a loser? Who's the one here apparently having to take the time to point all this crap out about a narrative of what someone posted. Looks to me i struck true on what i say about you in any post you make your a troll always have been a troll and always will be a troll. As a matter of a fact i'd wager to say your so much more of a loser that that is the reason you even have the time to point all that crap out and troll just about every post that's ever been posted in this blog. And now your just having tantrums because i take the time to peev you off in any post you make. But anyway as i've stated before your just a troll and guess what since i don't live under a bridge like a troll. Guess what your responses and posts are beneath me. Oh and another thing I'm going to bed and have things to do at my university this week so i dont have the time to play with you so i probably wont respond this week since i have a life. But dont worry ill be back to agitate you more throughout the year.
(Edited)
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1769 Posts
  • 1077 Reply Likes

Wow... sounds of desperation.  You're a real strong man that can lift anything... but the cover of a math book (maybe the cover of an English book too for that matter).

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
Another example of needing the ignore button.

Maybe I should just ignore this site :).
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1769 Posts
  • 1077 Reply Likes

He suggested I have low reading comprehension and I showed him I can not only comprehend his crap but also scrutinize down to a word showing his errors in the process.

I also defend Viasat to the wall and have made it quite clear that is what I do.  I will also "call Viasat on the carpet" if they are wrong.  The carpet has no footprints on it.

This site could easily become filled with people coming here to dump on Viasat unchecked if nobody will defend Viasat when Viasat has done nothing amiss.  As a company there is low limit on what they can tell people when they are unjustly accused of wrong doing.  I exploit my ability to show people an angry rebuttal is in store for them when they come here to accuse Viasat unjustly.  I allow criticism but not threats or falsehoods.  People can come here and complain and I'll steer them in the right direction (email to viasatlistens.com) and even add encouragement that their problem will be resolved.  Brandon Fisher made note of my time available to deal with people like him.  I'll take all the time needed to put things right. I don't answer to a clock at my job so even if at work, I will stop and take whatever time it takes to put someone in their place here.

If anyone doesn't like what I do here then if we ever get an ignore button, they should click me first because I'm not stopping what I'm doing until I get a phone call from Viasat telling me to back off.  

Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1769 Posts
  • 1077 Reply Likes

He suggested I have low reading comprehension and I showed him I can not only comprehend his crap but also scrutinize down to a word showing his errors in the process.

I also defend Viasat to the wall and have made it quite clear that is what I do.  I will also "call Viasat on the carpet" if they are wrong.  The carpet has no footprints on it.

This site could easily become filled with people coming here to dump on Viasat unchecked if nobody will defend Viasat when Viasat has done nothing amiss.  As a company there is low limit on what they can tell people when they are unjustly accused of wrong doing.  I exploit my ability to show people an angry rebuttal is in store for them when they come here to accuse Viasat unjustly.  I allow criticism but not threats or falsehoods.  People can come here and complain and I'll steer them in the right direction (email to viasatlistens.com) and even add encouragement that their problem will be resolved.  Brandon Fisher made note of my time available to deal with people like him.  I'll take all the time needed to put things right. I don't answer to a clock at my job so even if at work, I will stop and take whatever time it takes to put someone in their place here.

If anyone doesn't like what I do here then if we ever get an ignore button, they should click me first because I'm not stopping what I'm doing until I get a phone call from Viasat telling me to back off.  

Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1769 Posts
  • 1077 Reply Likes
I didn't double post, GetSatisfaction did.
Photo of Virgil Teffeteller

Virgil Teffeteller

• 35 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Sure is a shame to pay $167.00 a month and crawl most of the time,oh and god forbid you run over crawling is not a option.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
I have a couple people on my list for the ignore button, double posting or not :)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1821 Posts
  • 1140 Reply Likes

It does get a bit childish at times, that's for sure. 
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1821 Posts
  • 1140 Reply Likes

It does get a bit childish at times, that's for sure. 
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1821 Posts
  • 1140 Reply Likes
Double posts.  Another thing I don't miss about GetSat.  
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 629 Posts
  • 238 Reply Likes
I can usually tell from the first few word whether I want to read a post or not.  
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
Me too. The poster is also a contributing factor whether I read or not.
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Well, I changed my plan AGAIN to one where I made sure of what I was asking for. I figured if i wasn't breaking 0.33 Mbps or so with the $109 plan...at least maybe I could save $60 a month to switch.
I now have the Liberty Pass that is advertised as 12 Mbps till I reach my limit...and then "Liberty pass lets you enjoy 1-5 Mbps download speeds (morning/daytime) after Priority Data is used".
It turned in a scorching 0.08 Mbps today.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
I can't get 1Mbps on my beam during primetime with priority data.

At least you are paying less!
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes...it seems like an exercise in futility. I will have to seek another ISP.
I read up on Viasat 2 and they are having antennae issues with the satellite. :-(
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2667 Posts
  • 1395 Reply Likes
Are you saying you still have priority data and your speed is .08 mbps right now?

I am on Liberty 12 and my speed is nearly 10 mbps right now because I haven't used all of my priority data.

I use Playon and Internet Download Manager to download content during the free zone. This allows me to conserve my priority data.

Without priority data you can expect speeds around 256k and sometimes even lower during prime time.

Those speeds of 1 to 5 mbps on the Liberty Pass are for when the network isn't busy in the early morning and daytime.

(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
There are issues. Speculation on what they are and the extent of such issues is still up for debate. The antenna is one issue, but at least one Viasat-2 sub on here is reporting dismal upload speeds.

You can look for another ISP, but depending on location, you might not have another option. BTW, I don't count Hughesnet as an option because the offer even less priority data than Viasat.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2667 Posts
  • 1395 Reply Likes
Anyone hear from Fred G. Sanford lately? I tried finding him on the Hughesnet forum the other day and didn't have any luck. He switched to Hughesnet and I'm a bit curious how it is working out for him.
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You're just trying to rub it in by posting your speeds. ;-)
Photo of Derrell Day

Derrell Day

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Just wondering...why doesn't Direct TV or similar offer great internet plans? Is it the "traffic" issue, again?
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2667 Posts
  • 1395 Reply Likes
Directv doesn't have the capability to provide two way satellite communications.

Back in the early days of DSL there was a company called Telocity that sold DSL internet. Telocity used BellSouth in my area as their backbone.

Eventually Directv bought Telocity and rebranded it as Directv DSL. A year or so later, Directv DSL went out of business and the place I worked at ended up switching to another internet provider.

Now BellSouth has been bought out by AT&T. Directv is now owned by AT&T as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T buys Viasat sometime after the Viasat 3 network goes live.

AT&T is evil.
(Edited)
Photo of TheCatWillStrike

TheCatWillStrike

• 125 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
If AT&T does ever buy Viasat, the caps we have now are screwed as we know it
Photo of Frank Alvarez

Frank Alvarez

• 23 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Derrell,
This is what happens when you get switched the all new awesome "unlimited" Data plans. Happened to me too, I used to have the boost 25 with 150 gb. They moved me to Silver, I have 14 days to go this month and am currently at 66 GB, so the speeds for the next 14 days are dog sh*t slow. The only good thing is that during the day most folks are at work so I can at least work from home. Come 4PM, I'm done for the day, too slow to do anything. I was lied to. they said no data cap and NO throttling speed back. Yeah sure...worst yet I called the next day and said I want to go back...they said TOO BAD SUCKA GOT YOU! We read you the 20 minute disclaimer that no-one listens to, even though we lied when answering your questions 3 times about slowing you down. We read the disclaimer... Sir we read the disclaimer, So just get used to it, they got ya by the short hairs when there's nothing else available.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
Point of clarification. Did they move you to Silver or did you ask to be moved?

I take it you were on the Freedom plan and gave that up for the lure of "unlimited"?
(Edited)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1821 Posts
  • 1140 Reply Likes
AT&T is evil.
You go that right.  Everything they touch gets worse.  DirecTV's service, customer service and price have all gotten worse since the buyout.  Especially the customer service. 
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
Ditto. Can't stand AT&T.
Photo of Frank Alvarez

Frank Alvarez

• 23 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Veteran, Totally my fault. I believed the kid when he lied to me 3 times when I asked the question "they won't slow me down ever?" 3 different ways. Being morally bankrupt and lying isn't a crime unless you're under oath and this kid wasn't. They'll say whatever to get you to switch, then they read the long disclaimer no one listens to, and you say yes. This is the only part of the conversation that gets recorded for quality assurance. When you try to go back they tell you you were grandfathered in and you can't go back. Viasat only has to satisfy one group of people, shareholders, and not customers as long as there isn't another viable option. When I don't exceed my unlimited data cap (LOL) it's very fast and reliable 5 up and 36 down average measured with Speedtest. So, I disconnected the smart TV from the WIFI, I use about 3 gigs a day for work, so it means the last 10 days every month form now on will be Dog Sh*t Slow. I only got 15 days of fast speeds this month because of the TV. It's like Joe Pesci says in the Lethal Weapon II movie about Drive Thru's, that's what Viasat does. If you have the Freedom 150 with Boost 25 like I did DON'T SWITCH...EVER. My mistake, no one else to blame, simple as that. ;) 
Photo of DigitalArtist

DigitalArtist

• 14 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Ha.  I still have the Freedom 150.  Enjoying the freedom.  Also my speed test, now, at 10 a.m was 7 mbps upload and 3.2 download.  Not complaining a bit!
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
Sorry for you Frank. I understand now.

I am sure if Viasat had to do it over again, they would have never offered "unlimited" with 150GB's of priority data. Then again, if they offered "unlimited" the way they do now, I doubt not as many would have given up their Freedom.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2667 Posts
  • 1395 Reply Likes
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3173 Reply Likes
Awesome!

R.I.P. Admiral.
Photo of TheCatWillStrike

TheCatWillStrike

• 125 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
A viasat employee here advised me not to give up Freedom for an unlimited plan. So I would never give up my freedom plan. However, our zip code only has option of Liberty Plans now. We live in the central NY area.
Photo of Frank Alvarez

Frank Alvarez

• 23 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Pat that person on the back, buy them a beer, they saved you a ton of headaches! :)