Unsatisfactory service

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • In Progress
As usual, my speed has dropped to around 1.2 mbps download and 1.6mbps upload. This happens on a regular basis regardless of weather. Rebooting helps sometimes, especially if it is done by a technician remotely. Local reset has marginal results. Internal wifi routinely loses my lan printer requiring yet another reboot. Speed problems have existed from the beginning of service. Upgraded service and got a new modem with internal WIFI. Now I have the added problem of losing my LAN printer. What to do...what to do. Should I just cancel service entirely and go back to Hughes Net? What do you suggest?
Photo of Hyatt Wight

Hyatt Wight

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2084 Posts
  • 349 Reply Likes
Hello Hyatt, I’msorry to hear your internet has been slow.  There are so many things that can slow your internet service. I know this is frustrating but in order toassist you, we need to review your account. Please send your account and contactinformation to exedelistens@viasat.com.  Thanks in advance.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 2623 Posts
  • 1042 Reply Likes
Hyatt, those speeds are pretty normal for being on Liberty Pass (out of data on a Liberty Plan) and, for peak congestion hours on one of the busier beams. Diana will be able to tell you if that is the case when you send the email she requested.

As for loosing the printer - are you sure? I have a LAN printer on the SB2+ (Wifi) modem and, I do get the ding and pop up saying that  "scan to computer is no longer available" a few minutes after each use of the printer. That doesn't mean you've lost the printer, it just means the printer has gone idle for long enough that it is only listening and, not transmitting over your WiFi. The printer will print or scan when you use a connected device and request a print or scan. No need to reboot the modem for that. Check the Wireless light on your printer and if, it's lit and not flashing, it's fine, just listening ONLY.