Unresolved issue, going on 6 months

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
Can’t keep connectivity for about 6 months. Eveytime I call tech support I get excuses or band aid fixes. Today a technician finally came out and said he replaced the tria and some of the connector cables outside, plus installed a new modem. 10 minutes after he left, my service went offline again and I spent an hour or more on the phone with another technical support person, who can’t figure out whats going on. I am beyond frustrated and ready to look for another provider.
Photo of Teresa McDermott

Teresa McDermott

• 19 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
Sounds like alot of us , A good number of us is looking into mobile hotspots to finally get away from satellite , Maybe its something that can help you out as well if you get ok to decent cell coverage in your area , Totally worth checking into if you cant get anything other than dialup or sat where you live , id check into the verizon jetpacks with the unlimited plan 
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 962 Posts
  • 484 Reply Likes
Teresa,

Have you had the modem replaced at all?  What's the modem plugged into, power strip, surge protector, UPS, etc?  Is there a pattern that you've noticed?

Teresa McDermott

• 19 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Yes the technician replaced the modem yesterday. I have plugged it into the wall then into a power strip. Took the router off and plugged the modem straight into my laptop. I’ve tried everything.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Might be power issues. You might need to try plugging a UPS, not just a cheap power strip. You can get a low end UPS (with power monitoring) fairly reasonable.
Photo of Anniem05

Anniem05

• 26 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I had the same issue and it was the ethernet cable.  I could finagle with the cable and the unit would give me a blue light within minutes.  This was new equipmment too.  I contacted Viasat and told them and they said they.couldn't replace the cable but could credit me on my bill an allowance so I could buy a new one.  We are back in business. They were great to deal with.  You sometimes have to diagnose and troubleshoot the stuff yourself.  Price of living in the boonies.  
Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

DavidBrowserGuy, Browser Expert

• 126 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Teresa, Please send me an email at browser@viasat.com that includes your account number and/or phone number associated with the account and I will escalate this issue.  Thanks! 
David

Teresa McDermott

• 19 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Done. Still can’t get connected; I feel like I have talked to every Viasat employee in the past week. I’m going to explore other options because this is b—-t.
Photo of Brenda Kara

Brenda Kara

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
SH**TY service everywhere, I cannot even get mine stayed on! It goes to the white light and I do call after call with customer support. I'm always getting a rude GUY and can't understand him 50% of the TIME. VERY INFURIATING!
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2373 Posts
  • 461 Reply Likes
Brenda, Les't see what we can do to get this fixed for you.  Please send an email with our account and contact information to viasatlistens@viasat.com and include your issue in detail.  Thanks!

Teresa McDermott

• 19 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Mine is 100% better. I got new cables and the dish moved. Now it never even blinks. I’m happy with it now . :)