Unlimitedif you have he 150GB freedom package do not switch to the unlimited plan! The video is severely downgrade on all video services.

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • In Progress
Exede is not be truthful about the video on the unlimited plan. It is not optimized but downgraded.
Photo of Tommy Sawyer

Tommy Sawyer

• 18 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
  • mad

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3002 Posts
  • 1247 Reply Likes
I suppose that depends on how you define optimized. It is optimized to load faster, use less data and, not stutter at or below the resolution of the plan you select. Yes, that means lower resolution, so if you define optimized simply by the resolution, no it isn't but, if you define it by what works best with satellite internet service, yes it is optimized.
Photo of Barbara

Barbara

• 13 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I have the 150gb freedom package, but just got the modem and dont know how to install it.  thought i had it installed a few hours ago but nothing worked.  dont think i installed it correctly, and when does the new plan go into effect?  when you install the modem or when Exede gets the old one back?
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3002 Posts
  • 1247 Reply Likes
Barbara, here is the set up guide for that modem http://help.exede.net/articles/General/A-guide-to-your-Exede-WiFi-Modem

The new plan should already be in effect for you. If you need further assistance, call 855-463-9333 and Customer Care will be able to walk you through setting up the modem.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2882 Posts
  • 962 Reply Likes
This plan is on our ViaSat 1 satellite, it's a ramp up to ViaSat 2. This plan may not be for everyone. For some people Video quality is more important others could care less. If you aren't interested in this do not upgrade to it. We're not making it a requirement
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2882 Posts
  • 962 Reply Likes
Tommy email us at exedelistens@viasat.com
Photo of Gerald Reed

Gerald Reed

• 41 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Im ok with 480P but not would never pay $150.
(Edited)