Unlimited not for loyal customers?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: No need for further response.

There is nothing more infuriating than being a long-time customer and seeing new customers get better service. I'm paying a fortune for limited access. I have to go to public access points for many sites I need for homeschooling. New customers get unlimited. Thanks for the slap in the face.
Photo of Brenda Aniel Arnsdorff

Brenda Aniel Arnsdorff

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • furious

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of coonhnd

coonhnd

• 33 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
If this is true I'm cancelling my contract and going back to Hughes. I thought I had made the right choice to leave Hughes and try Exede. I have been pretty happy with Exede except for their high prices. I sure hope this is not true because its like a stab in the back to the loyal Exede customers!
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Brenda,

ViaSat's new plans are only available to new customers in certain areas.  Just as many other Internet service providers do, we are testing our new plans in select areas. Understanding how different plans work in different areas of the country allows us to improve the quality and variety of the plans that we offer and to create a service that matches the changing needs of today’s Internet customers. 

We would have loved to be able to try this plan on our current customers.  If you send me a email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information, we can discuss other options.  

Sincerely,
ExedeKarmin
Photo of Tyrel Hartman

Tyrel Hartman

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I just got off the phone with Exede Customer Service. After a long hold I was told the system is down and that I needed to call back later. I did so and after another long hold I asked the rep about the freedom plan. I was read a response  almost verbatim to what is written above. The guy I spoke to said the only thing he can do is give me a one 5gb upgrade for August. What offer are you going to discuss with Brenda?

I then asked about the double GB offers currently being offered to customers.
I only signed up 30 days ago and now am paying, essentially, double for what "new" customers get. Again, the response was I could only receive a 5gb upgrade for August. 

Is this why Exede locks us into a contract... so we feel like we have no power?
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
I understand that Karmin, even foods are test marketed but, especially for those of us already on the 25GB plan who were loyal customers even before Exede, it feels like ViaSat is disregarding our loyalty.

Yes we get On free service call and, two free overage passes a year, and the company was really great about it when my dish had to be replaced a couple of months ago. I'm grateful for that but, to know that if my neighbor signed up for the same plan today, they would get 50 GB per month for the next six months while I, the long time loyal customer, am stuck with 25 just feels like a slap in the face.

I'm not leaving or even threatening to, I like the service I have, it just seems that if new customers can have 50 GB for the next six months, then loyal, log time customers should get the same.
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 319 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes
I agree other then the not leaving I am going to call Hughes today and see what they have to offer I am a VIP customer since I have been with them since 97 but so much for the first in line stuff for their dedicated customers even if it's not offered they are giving triple usage to new customers in my area which means I get slowed down because of new people flooding the system ....AND only get a third of what they are for 6 months ...and those that say dish and direct do this all the time yes they do but they don't tell new customers they get to watch all month and I can only watch for two weeks and didn't promise and keep us hanging on saying stick with us new and exciting things are coming. I was also told yesterday to message them in Facebook and they are ignoring me. Just like I have with dish I want the same or I can go elsewhere and yes if you call dish with a better offer you can get pretty close to the same thing as the new customers cause they know how to treat their dedicated customers "........Is it just $15 a month for the months remaining to get out of your contract?
Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
Later this fall, in areas where the Freedom plan is available, existing customers will have options to switch to it.
Photo of Austin Spiller

Austin Spiller

• 50 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Would exede12 beam 319 ever be eligible in the future?
Photo of Jeremy Mora

Jeremy Mora

• 39 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
This whole thing:

ViaSat's new plans are only available to new customers in certain areas.  Just as many other Internet service providers do, we are testing our new plans in select areas. Understanding how different plans work in different areas of the country allows us to improve the quality and variety of the plans that we offer and to create a service that matches the changing needs of today’s Internet customers. 

is the exact scripted BS that you used to reply on my facebook post. 

Your company is ridiculous. Carefully typed canned responses. Total and utter BS. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.