unlimited sucks i got bronze unlimited 80 a month slow one min fast n the morning fast as 1 am - 5 am how is that unlimited

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • (Edited)
any body else having issues with unlimited how are we unlimited and we still under data caps am 2.0 one min 1.0 the next bronze unlimited was good at jump off but its slower and slower for 80 dollars a month that sucks plans seems like my liberty 12 plan without the free zone new plans same old huste 
Photo of Shannon Williams

Shannon Williams

• 39 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • fmad confused and used

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2291 Posts
  • 1150 Reply Likes
What are your speeds?

Shannon Williams

• 39 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
below 1.0 then up then down 1am till 3 am great internet  7am  9am good streaming  11 pm till 1 am slow or like dial up internet  for 80 dollars come on different plan some caps as liberty 12 unlimited  bronze how am i unlimited and my speeds do nothing but load a freaking webpage  ru kidding  me
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 6 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
It's not the unlimited. It's the company who delivers the unlimited. Absolutely horrible. Please share with everyone your problems with Excede. People need to know so they don't get taken advantage of!!!
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2278 Posts
  • 1985 Reply Likes
I have no problems with Viasat.  I'll share that with everyone.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes

Wow..  someone dared came here using the name "Craig" ???

@ Craig....  NOBODY has ANY problems with Exede.  You are living in the past and need to confront your paranoia.

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3650 Posts
  • 2129 Reply Likes
Most people who are satisfied know and understand the inherit issues with satellite internet in general. Some people just have unrealistic expectations. Not happy? There are alternatives, but short of hard wired internet not necessarily better alternatives.
(Edited)
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 6 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
You are right Judge and Jury!! My paranoia is like movies on Netflix I'd like to watch like Stranger Things or Girl Interrupted. Wait, I can't..... I have Excede!
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2278 Posts
  • 1985 Reply Likes
Why can't you?  You come on here and cry about how bad things are for you but you haven't said what issues you are having.  This is a help forum.  Tell us what is happening with your internet and you may be surprised at the help you get.  You should be able to stream at speeds less than 1mbs.  There are reasons why you may not be able to and they have nothing to do with Viasat.  Tell us what is going on.
Photo of Mr.Anderson

Mr.Anderson

• 88 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
I have already been through all of the stages grief, and have come to accept my internet as it is.  Sometimes it works great, other times it is slow....
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 6 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Jim? I don't need help from someone who assumes something of someone else (crying, didn't read). It's a great example of a poor communicator. Secondly, there is no one on here that can help with the poor quality and service of Excede. You are not going to get me better picture quality. You are not going to give me less congestion. It's simply an inferior product. I feel bad for those on here who have to lower their expectations and live with this service. Think about what your defending? I on the other hand have higher expectations and will get those met. I'm agreeing with those who feel the same way on here. Great talking with you Jim! Enjoy

Photo of Brian

Brian

• 34 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
The service really is poor. I was only getting .88 up and 1. down earlier tonight. I thought maybe I had snow on the dish but it was clear. E-mail to ViaSat resulted in a return e-mail saying to reset everything. Brand new modem too....and the issue predates the new modem. I can't even download the Viasat browser which I wanted to try out.
(Edited)
Photo of Mark here

Mark here

• 80 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
"You should be able to stream at speeds less than 1mbs."  Maybe stream for 15 seconds then buffer for a minute.....stream for 15 seconds..... 
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2278 Posts
  • 1985 Reply Likes
Then your device, computer doesn't have enough memory to hold a bigger buffer.  Upgrade your streaming device, like a new Roku player with lots of memory.  https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra
Photo of Mark here

Mark here

• 80 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
My PC has 16 gigs, thats more than ample no?  ;-)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 253 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
You can stream without buffering at as low as 680 kbps. That’s .68 mb/s. On the bronze plan, fast.com shows streaming is locked at 680k. I watch Netflix and prime video all the time at 680k. Works perfectly.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 253 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
You can stream without buffering at as low as 680 kbps. That’s .68 mb/s. On the bronze plan, fast.com shows streaming is locked at 680k. I watch Netflix and prime video all the time at 680k. Works perfectly.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2278 Posts
  • 1985 Reply Likes
"My PC has 16 gigs, thats more than ample no?"
Maybe not.  Depends if those gigs are being used for other things on your computer.
Have you set the playback on Netflix and Youtube to AUTO?   Others have no problem streaming, as Nathan states above.  You need to find out why you can't.
(Edited)

Shannon Williams

• 39 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Shannon Williams

• 39 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Photo of De Barrett

De Barrett

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I just got bronze 12 unlimited and it says I have use 43 gbs in 13 days and I wasn't even home for 5 of those days. Like what the heck :( is anyone else having the same issue with new installation? I keep calling to find out whats going on and not getting anywhere. I'm really getting pissed. I haven't been able to enjoy anything yet. BTW when these companies say UNLIMITED it's a LIE, no DATA is ever unlimited.
Photo of Mr.Anderson

Mr.Anderson

• 88 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
same crap here, only have used 65gb of my 150... and yes after 150 it drops like a rock, even worse than .76Mbps... 

Ping
632 ms

Download
0.76 Mbps

Upload
Photo of Mr.Anderson

Mr.Anderson

• 88 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
The only advantage I see over my other plan is that I can now "sometimes" stream during the day, but I lost my FreeZone... So now even though I usually set my downloads for at night anyway (because of the higher speed) it counts against me. And it costs more that my other plan, which is now not available anymore...

Shannon Williams

• 39 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
i here  u man

Shannon Williams

• 39 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
me too