Unlimited Gold 12 actual speeds after 100gb?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
I'm thinking of going from my current Freedom 150 plan to the Unlimited Gold 12 but was wondering what the real world speed would be after the 100 is used. I currently use it for my Xbox (total hog but I've been keeping it under control), 3 computers and a couple cell phones on wifi (all 5 of those combined maybe use 10-15gb a month). I often use every bit of that 150 though and often need more because of game updates or watching YouTube, I do use the video extender and that definitely helps, as I don't really need HD video, 480p is good enough. Would the speeds after the 100gb be enough to run 480 video during peak hours? Around 2mb would be fine if it was consistent, I just need something better than the horrendous speeds I get currently after going over, which is barely enough to keep up while buffering at 144p.
Photo of Layne Pullins

Layne Pullins

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 267 Posts
  • 147 Reply Likes
I wouldn't give up the Freedom Plan. In my case, Unlimited Gold 12 is $45 more per month than Freedom and with less data. My guess is once you go over priority data the service will become practically useless.
Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 147 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Never give up Freedom (new)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2043 Posts
  • 1753 Reply Likes
Never, ever let go of your Freedom.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2070 Posts
  • 1015 Reply Likes
Amen. Never ever give up Freedom or Liberty.
Photo of steve heller

steve heller

• 96 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
"Those who give up Liberty to gain a faster speed after they run out of priority data will end up with neither." -- attributed to Benjamin Franklin
Photo of Layne Pullins

Layne Pullins

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Lol at these replies, that's what I was figuring. I got this plan back before all these new plans with faster speeds but far less data were around, so I'm thinking I'll just stick with it and make them grandfather me through everything until something better comes around that several people actually like.