Unhappy with service

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Please stop getting ripped off by exede  go to hughesnet  faster and your internet doesn't run out near as fast.
Photo of Ron

Ron

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Proportionally there are probably just as many satisfied Exede users as Hughesnet user. Similarly and proportionally there are probably just as many dissatisfied users on each.

Visit the Hughesnet Community at https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet and out side of the colors you'd think you were over here (for good reason they use the same community software)  .

Which is best for you, really depends on how you use the internet and understanding the differences between plans on each. A blanket statement that one is better than another is misleading.
Photo of Danielle Brennan

Danielle Brennan

• 95 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
I was a Hughesnet subscriber for many years, and just recently switched to Exede. I never had decent speeds with Hughesnet, and never had a good experience with customer service since I speak American and they never seemed to do well with our language. I have been very happy with Exede, right from the initial contact, the installation, and have had good speeds.
Photo of zanne

zanne

• 209 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Hughesnet is horrible! I had it for many years and was miserable. Their customer "service" was the worst I've ever had.

I just had to call Exede's customer service to discuss something in the ESVT (it was saying I was being throttled when I shouldn't be) and the customer service person understood English, was able to explain what was going on and we even cracked a few jokes while waiting for the modem to reboot.

The experiences were night and day.

This is why you should avoid Hughesnet: http://www.dslreports.com/comment/1678/83440
Photo of Christine Conrad

Christine Conrad

• 277 Posts
  • 324 Reply Likes
Exede is not a rip off. You are using your data too quickly. Satellite internet requires one to use their data in moderation. There are many steps you can take to reduce data consumption without restricting most of the things you want to do. These are outlined in other threads.