• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
  • pissed

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Larry Lockie

Larry Lockie

• 37 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
And your complete lack of finesse or just plain courtesy Instead of a really filthy mouth is going to put anyone on your side?
I was an installer for quite a few years, and did not hesitate to up and leave with the first outburst of that completely foul language. Do you really think that impresses people or makes them want to offer any help whatsoever? 

Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Wasn't looking for a response or help just wanted to let it be known. Thank you for the reply though
Photo of Larry Lockie

Larry Lockie

• 37 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
You can draw more flies with honey than with vinegar. Might want to think about that in the future.
Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
If you'd like I can tell you how I really feel.
Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Funny how you said my foul language won't get anyone to respond, but you keep responding
Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
@matt , They do suck i agree 
Photo of Michael James

Michael James

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Scam liars poor customer service Viasat is a joke. The worst provider I've ever used. I go out of my way to tell people this is a waste unless you only check your email twice a month. 
(Edited)
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 482 Posts
  • 267 Reply Likes
I agree 100 percent that their service is terrible
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2255 Posts
  • 1380 Reply Likes
Not only do you insult everyone here with your complete lack of decorum, you make yourself look like nothing more than a foul mouthed child who lacks the verbal skills to express a negative feeling without resorting to sophomoric behavior.  

If this was your intention, congratulations, you've succeeded.  
Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Speak for yourself gabeu, looks like a few people agree with me. Let me guess, you're and employee
Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
An employee
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2255 Posts
  • 1380 Reply Likes
First off, were I an employee this thread would be deleted and you would be getting a warning regarding your use of foul language on this Support Community.  

Secondly, I don't care if people agree with you.  When it comes to public forums there are things called common decency and decorum.  There is absolutely NO reason for the use of foul language, and it is not needed for someone to express their dissatisfaction for the service.  It disrespects not only those who utilize this community, but also those who simply read it, including children.   

Thirdly, please read the following...

https://community.viasat.com/viasat/topics/forum-decorum-guidelines-for-the-viasat-internet-communit...
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3177 Reply Likes
Not even close. He isn't even a Viasat subscriber.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 482 Posts
  • 267 Reply Likes
Sorry you feel that way Gabe buf i have to disagree withnyou. I am part of everyone and you dont speak for me as I certainly was not insulted. While I agree with some of your response, it happens to be true for all to many of us.
Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Amen Tim!! Sounds like gabeu has nothing better to do then respond to a viasat blog when he isn't even a subscriber. Get a life gabeu
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2255 Posts
  • 1380 Reply Likes
I have a life, and part of that life includes giving of myself to help other satellite internet subscribers with issues they are having.  
Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Good for you buddy. Again, get a life
Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Probably time to move out of your mom's basement
Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Thanks
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 497 Posts
  • 167 Reply Likes
Probably time to move out of your mom's basement
The quoted insult above tells me exactly where Matt Delaney picked up his complete lack of civility and his ridiculous and false beliefs about Viasat's service: from the false entitlement mentality that everyone "owes" him whatever he wants without him having to give back anything in exchange.  Many social media sites such as Twitter are infested with this garbage.  I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for all of the other people who dump on Viasat like Matt Delaney did.

Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
I love your interpretation of my comments. I guess paying $118 a month is me feeling like someone "owes me whatever I want without giving something in exchange." By the way, do not participate in Twitter. I'll have to admit, did not expect the amount of responses I have received. I just wanted to simply state how terrible the internet service is. I have to admit that I am having a great time responding to all of your messages though. While some are sitting there fuming, I am laughing.
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 496 Posts
  • 167 Reply Likes
I just wanted to simply state how terrible the internet service is.
It's "so terrible" (not) that you can post your junk on this forum and "have a great time responding to all of our messages."  I wonder if you not having internet service at all or having really flaky internet service, such as dial up service on failing hardware, would cause an attitude adjustment in you.
While some are sitting there fuming, I am laughing.
No, we're laughing also, at your ridiculous comments.

Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Well then I am glad we are all having a good time at my expense. Some joy can come to having terrible internet service.
Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
@matt , your not the only one getting terrible speeds , alot of us are it sucks , if you can get decent cell coverage id check into a verizon jetpack or another hotspot , if mine get me decent speeds ill be using it instead of viasat  , Theyre policy change the latest one really messed up theyre customers or most of them , i think itll only get worse theyre a sinking ship im getting off of asap 
(Edited)
Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Thank you Gwen, I will look into that. Unfortunately I have committed to 24 months. Thought I did decent research about internet providers when I moved to our current location but apparently I did not do enough. There are 2 providers in my area, we are in a rural location, but I guess I picked the wrong one. Talking to recent co-workers sounds like the other option was the way to go.
Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
I think you can pay 15 for each month remaining in your contract if you ever want to cancel that might be the cheapest way im not sure , But hope i helped some : ) also if you have any questions about hotspots feel free to talk to us here https://community.viasat.com/viasat/topics/today-was-fun we all feel the same way you do about it and were all looking into it hotspots or feel free to just come over and talk with us : )
Photo of Matt Delaney

Matt Delaney

• 15 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Wow! Thank you so much Gwen. It's great to know that there are normal people out there that are willing to help. Earlier comments mentioned that my use of "foul" language would give me no help or response. I beg to differ, I think that my use of language has given just the response I was looking for. Again, thank you
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 436 Reply Likes
Nice try at justification. When seeking help ask - just an observation, since this conversation will up and vanish like a fart in the wind introducing our next great debate topic - censorship and the 1st Amendment. Personally, I would not delete it - if a moderator I'd simply clean it up and let it stand as a memorial.

Oops! That's right you said:

Wasn't looking for a response or help just wanted to let it be known. 

Try another justification... that one didn't age well, but you're right you got what you wanted.

How 'bout those Patriots? That should get many riled up as we head into a new week here in "unlimitedville" ;)
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3525 Posts
  • 1322 Reply Likes
Good time as any to remind everyone that we do not allow profanity, nor fighting on this forum. More details on our forum decorum here: https://community.viasat.com/viasat/topics/forum-decorum-guidelines-for-the-viasat-internet-communit...

I did edit out the language and topic and will count this as a warning to not do it again. Please do not fight users on here either as that's also against the rules.

Now that's been established..... Matt if you have questions or concerns about the service please email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com. That will get you in touch with the corporate social care team and we can work with you individually and privately. Everyone else on here not labeled like me are other users of the service participating in a customer community forum. They are paying customers like you. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.