• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
since this company is now viasat / exede the service is worse not better, cuts in and out all of the time, very slow and my bill just went up. I will be looking for other service, not happy
Photo of Kathie Rhorer

Kathie Rhorer

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2471 Posts
  • 1512 Reply Likes
Viasat has been a company since 1986. The recent change was that they have chosen to drop the brand "Exede" in favor or Viasat, since there are two satellites, along with a few that the old Wildblue Legacy plans use, and they want to not confuse people by using several different brand names.

If your bill increased, it may be because you may have paid the lease fee for 24 months when you first signed up, and now you are being charged $9.99 per month for that. Another possibility is that you are being charged for the annual tax on equipment that your state/municipality assesses, which is normally under $4.50.

You can see your itemized bill on the account management page, or email viasatlistens@viasat.com
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 306 Posts
  • 128 Reply Likes
Go for it. Look into cell service that you may be able to create hot Spot for internet service. It may cut back on speed after a certain download so do your homework. I have At&t for one line up to 10 gig down. Since my cell service with At&t is bad, I dropped wife's line and put her line with US cellular since it has best reception in this area. That gives us some other options to Viasat and we need phone service anyway. I still have my crappy Viasat in hopes the promises of new satellite actually mean anything, not holding my breath since been lied to so many times by Exede.