Unable to load in to game with other players on Destiny 2. Using Viasat RG1100 modem

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
Anyone able to share how to setup Viasat RG1100 modem to play Destiny 2 on PC? There aren’t any other players in game. Tower and strikes are empty. If I tether to my phone, players are back in game. I disabled my software firewall, still no luck. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Photo of br19

br19

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2407 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
Hi br19,  Depending on your plan speed and time of day,there may be latency that affects gameplay, especially for games where timingis crucial, such as FPS and racing games. We recognize this can be frustrating,and our network teams are working to help improve your experience. 
Photo of br19

br19

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How do I make the NAT less restrictive? That’s all I need to do. It’s not latency, it’s too restrictive for destiny 2.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1398 Posts
  • 831 Reply Likes
NAT?
Photo of lisa tomlin

lisa tomlin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Bungie said that they ban for high ping and well with satellite internet high ping is a given so therefore the game has noone in it I have been trying to get a answer for this for a while now on how to fix it
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1398 Posts
  • 831 Reply Likes
You cant fix the high ping (i.e. latency) on satellite internet. Physics gets in the way.

It is one of the major drawbacks with satellite internet.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1002 Posts
  • 498 Reply Likes
The high ping is a result of the altitude our satellites orbit above Earth.  Even at the speed of light, it takes time to travel up and back.  Viasat's ping will always be around 600 ms.