Trouble with service

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
Equipment! Let me start out by stating I had NO equipment of what kind so ever when I placed an order of internet service. I ordered, the gentleman came, brought the dish and EVERY Piece of Equipment to get me internet. I have been having problems with slow to no service while not using Liberty Pass until 2 weeks ago. I have plugged, and unplugged, had Msg center run a diagnosis,,All o.k Still nothing. I call talk to a Rep. she informs me that I need to take My router to Best Buy, which is Two Hours at least from me. Then she said Office Depot, May check for free, etc. etc.I tried to explain it is NOt my place to run every where *home depot an hour) when I am paying extra for service..She state the router is Mine! It may be mine now, but I did not buy it, I did not go get it, there was no discussion from the installer that it was mine, and not yours. That is my problem...I pay or, let's say you demanded my payment be set up on automatic, now Your equipment is not working and you want ME to go get It fixed? Really....
Photo of Sherry Steele Jones

Sherry Steele Jones

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jim

Jim, Champion

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Is your router a separate box from your modem or do you have the new WIFI modem? If you do not have the WIFI modem, the router is yours. Perhaps the installer or dealer provided you with a router. If so, it is yours and your responsibility. If you have the WIFI modem with built-in router, Exede is responsible.
Photo of Sherry Steele Jones

Sherry Steele Jones

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Help me out here..How is it Mine again? The installer from Exede on the day he brought every other piece of Equipment to get me connected. He never said and oh by the way, your router is yours. Was the Installer not actually from Exede? I have an Exede dish, the router I have came with the man that installed the dish! Again, just how and why is it mine? If Exede brought it in my home, hooked it up, just as if it was another piece of their equipment then once again, why is it mine? Look, I am not stupid, but that just does not make sense How I have a router unbeknown to me for 7 months now that it was mine not Exede, when I know with out a shadow of a doubt I was Never told by the man who installed Every piece of Equipment that I now own a router "on the house" yea, just keep it its yours!
Photo of JEP

JEP

• 987 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
Sherry, if the router is a separate box from the modem, then it is "yours".  Just like your computer is yours.  Sorry if there was poor communication in explaining that.  Jim's comments above are spot on.
Photo of Markgc

Markgc, Champion

• 337 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Did the installer bring out a black dish and a blue Exede modem? Is your pc plugged into your blue Exede modem?  Do you have any more equipment ?
Photo of Wes Menzel

Wes Menzel

• 79 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Sherry, 

Try this:

If you see this page, you have an Exede Wifi Router/Modem.
If you see any other page...you don't.  
I'd call back to exede and have them check things out again.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2260 Posts
  • 429 Reply Likes
Hi Sherry,  If you do not have the Wi-Fi modem, please check on the router for the name of the manufacture.  You can go online and troubleshoot with them directly or/and find the user guide. 

Here is an article on our website with links to various router manufacturers.
http://help.exede.net/articles/General/Control-who-s-on-your-home-network?_ga=2.46863778.441957698.1...

I hope this helps and have a great rest of your day.