Tried to change wifi password, now it's not showing up to connect on any device

  • 2
  • Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
I typed in in my browser to change my wifi name and password, and I did so, and after, it crashed and my wifi just stopped working. It's no longer showing up as a wifi connection, on any of my devices. I don't know what's going on and I've tried resetting, and unplugging and replugging up my modem and nothing is working. Please help.
Photo of Emma Margaret Palmer

Emma Margaret Palmer

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

  • 2
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

  • 2445 Posts
  • 481 Reply Likes
Hi Emma,  I'm sorry to hear it is not working.  We're here to help.  Please send your account number and contact information to or for immediate assistance, call 855-463-9333. Thanks.
Photo of david

david, Champion

  • 567 Posts
  • 401 Reply Likes
It's not really a good idea to make changes to your router over a wireless connection because it something doesn't go right you get the problem you're having now. Plug something with a wired connection to your router and try again. At the worst you might have to do a reset on your router and set it up again (with a wired connection :-) )
Photo of Pamela Keller

Pamela Keller

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
This very same thing happened to us. 

With our busy lives, me being sick, and the fact the we live so remotely I didn't think that our sudden disconnect could've possibly been because I changed the password. We have connectivity issues already, I didn't think too much of it. 

So...our internet was down for over a week, and when you live in Siberia that can be very frustrating. After many calls to Exede to get a tech out and being very messed around with by them, I realized that this had to be the reason. But once you're booted, how do you reset? Ha...the only way that I was able to get back onto the internet was during a very short spurt of connectivity when I was able to change the password back to the original one I chose upon install.  It came back up, was sketchy for about an hour, and has been working famously ever since. 

The issue is that my husband made the calls, like about six of them. We were given phone numbers for techs who no longer worked on this equipment and we were also told that because they couldn't find someone to work on it in our area and "they didn't install it" they were going to have to charge us the tech fee of $75....and this is after the opt in on the insurance. Ok, so if we didn't install, who did??? It was a ghost install apparently. We do live in the desert. Weird schtuffs happens.... but seriously guys??'s about walking people through a troubleshoot? Most all other companies do this. It's obvious that techs don't like working on this equipment. They are being called day and night to fix problems. Connectivity is already an issue being that it's remote. I would get frustrated and tell people they "had the wrong number" too if I was being inundated that way. And...why are we calling techs anyway??? Shouldn't yall be setting that up?? 

I wish that I could say that my experience has been great with this company. I love giving good reviews, but this has been beyond ridiculous.