Totally ripped off by this company!!!!!

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Solved
I contacted AT&T for internet service and instead got this company that is WORTHLESS!!!!!! ALL the Sales Reps should be fired as they sell you a bunch of garbage!! I was told that my monthly fee would be $89.00 a month and instead i am getting billed $110.00 and the internet service is worse that one I previously had!!!  They also did not tell me that it would be a 2 year contract!!!!  
I would never recommend this service provider!!!
Photo of josie.wahl@yahoo.com

josie.wahl@yahoo.com

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • ripped off!!!

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2179 Posts
  • 1276 Reply Likes
Sounds like you need to get out of the contract and go back to your old provider.
Photo of Bob Spano

Bob Spano

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
One of thousands.  I don't know how they are allowed to continue in operation.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 710 Posts
  • 308 Reply Likes
Sounds like you need to pay better attention. How did you end up with Viasat when you contacted AT&T? I did not think those two were in bed together.
(Edited)
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3246 Posts
  • 2093 Reply Likes
AT&T owns Directv, so where AT&T has no ground service Directv resells Viasat for internet.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 710 Posts
  • 308 Reply Likes
Why wouldn't AT&T try to sell their cell or fixed wireless over Viasat? I did hear that since AT&T bought Directv, the Directv service has went way downhill.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3246 Posts
  • 2093 Reply Likes
AT&T does not have wireless coverage in many areas of the country. We have no coverage around our area. 
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 710 Posts
  • 308 Reply Likes
Around me AT&T and Verizon have coverage in almost every nook and cranny accept for a small dead spot here and there.
Photo of HiddenOkie

HiddenOkie

• 22 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
AT&T does have a cellular product that offers 100 gig of data for something like a hundred bucks.  All I'll say is that if he doesn't like this company, he's really going to hate AT&T because their caps are so hard they break out teeth.  If you get a plan that's not capped, get ready because $10-$15 a gig adds up faaaaaast.  You'll be cruising along when a forklift pulls up to your mailbox with your bill.  Cellular is find for backup, but never for day to day use.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.