To People Who Are Having Trouble With The Freedom Plan 150GBS Or Other People Having Problems With Speed Read This!

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Not Planned
To ALL the people who have the freedom plan 150gbs OR any other people who are having trouble with there speed also. OK so ive seen SO many people saying there speeds are too slow or they arent getting enough out of there data plans... so here are come stuff to think about...

1. slow speeds can be affected by peak hours. the peak hours are from 5pm to 2am. so therefore id suggest using the internet late morning OR the later afternoon BEOFRE 5pm. cause that is when everyone tends to get online and itll be slow. BUT!!! not too slow. i to experience this myself. if i cant watch no youtube then i play my 3ds... or play my xbox one on single player without going online until the speed is better.

2. during the holidays AND school vacations (like spring break or christmas break OR any holiday which people go to school) itll be slow cause that is when everyone is online so therefore itll be slow down. cause everyone is online also. during peak hours also itll probably be worse BUT!!! NOT to worse BUT will be VERY SLOW!!! so just keep that in mind. ive exeperinced this myself also so therefore i tend to go onto my 3ds or xbox one without going online.

3. congested networks. when this happeneds is when EVERYONE is online. so therefore you HAVE to share some of that speed you are using to other people. because exede has to put some of your speed to other people who are using the same networks as you so it WILL be slow... but yet you can web browser some stuff but not be able to play videos onto youtube that fast also exede has to give everyone the fair share of internet..... ive exeperienced this myself also. so therefore i just leave my computer alone and play my 3ds or xbox one without going online.

THAT IS ALL!!! :3 HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU GUYS OUT THERE!!! :3
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 928 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
  • happy, hopeful AND excited!

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Thank you for sharing this helpful information Tirzy, I'm sure our members will find this quite helpful!
(Edited)
Photo of Jeri Sessler

Jeri Sessler

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I paid $140/month for 120gbs on Cox before moving to my current location. I NEVER had an issue with slowdown or metering.  This is ridiculous.  We shouldn't have to put up with substandard service.
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4363 Reply Likes
Satellite internet is an option of last resort for those of us who cannot get land-based services. It can't currently compete with state of the art land-based services.

If Cox (or any other land-based provider) thought it were profitable to provide you with service they'd already be there. I contacted them a few years back (or was it Comcast, I forget) - they wanted $6500 to pull cable to me less than a half-mile from the nearest drop. That was some 5 years ago now and costs have risen further. Verizon FIOS wanted even more and wouldn't even consider it due to having to secure the necessary rights of way. The 2 cable operators didn't have to be overly concerned with rights of way since they were awarded franchises by the county government - but those same franchises dictate who they must provide service to based on population density. Frequently, the obstacles to our getting land-based service are found at state and local government levels.
(Edited)
Photo of Jeri Sessler

Jeri Sessler

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Correction - $140/month for 120mbps.  Sorry.  Fat fingers...  :)
Photo of Jeri Sessler

Jeri Sessler

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
And PS:  Cox is across the street in a subdivision where the houses are next to each other.  Because I am in a section with 2.5 acre lots, they won't pay to expand here.  The more frustrating part is that Centurylink has a 1Gig drop about 1/2 block from my house that is unused right now.  I wish I could figure out how to tie into it, lol.  So you are correct, it is all about the profit per foot run of cable...
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4363 Reply Likes
Check with your local government (city/county) - they award the franchises and stipulate who must be provided service and the companies won't tell you that... unfortunately I'm not covered by the agreement with my county so would need to foot the bill myself (actually it may not be that bad it would increase my house value when selling and I'd eventually get it back - houses without reliable Internet don't sell to well in this area). 
(Edited)
Photo of Gillian Ernsberger

Gillian Ernsberger

• 13 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
So basically we are paying $ 116+ for a substandard product . None of this was discussed at time of purchase!So this is a breech of contract.Contractual law states it has to be fit for service and give what was advertised at time of purchase!!
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 119 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes
I am SO TIRED of the peak hours/congestion/blah blah blah EXCUSE.  I've been using this product for 5 years.  I know when peak hours are.  Stop telling me that's the problem.

Exede advertised better speeds and more capacity.  My speed IS WORSE than I had with the Liberty 30 plan when I had EXCEEDED my 30 gig. Hell, the Wifi Modem/router they have is so SUBSTANDARD, I wish I could go back to the Liberty plan with the old modem and my Linksys router.

This is slowly becoming a bait and switch scenario.  The NYS Attorney General loves these kind of cases.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.