Trouble with service

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need of further response at current time.

Been with excede for 4 months now and have had a problem every month. First, the internet wouldn't stay connected. Then, the guy to come look at it, calls and says he's in the neighborhood next to mine, he's on his way. He calls 2 hrs. later and says he probably won't be coming by. My internet still doesn't work properly. It cuts in and out constantly. I've called about another service call and still no one shows up. Also, I was using almost all of my 10 GB data in one month, then, I was using it in 2 wks., even though I did nothing different, just e-mail and Facebook, so I switched to 25GB and have already used half of that in one week. Still doing nothing different. This is a scam, people!!! Do not go with this company. Something is clearly wrong here and apparently, by reading other people's posts, I'm not the only one. I also had an employee tell me I was paid in full and my bill wasn't due until next month. This turned out to be wrong, but I find out after I spent that money on Christmas. I ask if the company can work with me and split the bill up over two months to be paid with my existing bill for those months, but the company will not work with me even though I'm willing to pay what I owe on a bill I was told I do not owe. When I ask for a supervisor above the supervisor I am speaking with, because he implied it was my problem, nothing he could do, I was told there is no one above him. So does he run the whole company? Is he the owner or CEO? Surely there is someone. Nope. So I ask for corporates phone # or even an e-mail would have been ok. I was given an address and told to write a letter. A LETTER? Who writes letters these days? These people are crazy, they are a cracker jack company. I'm done.
Photo of Matthew Underwood

Matthew Underwood

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hi Matt, I am sorry you have had so many issues.  I would be happy to help.  Please email me your telephone number and the best time to call to exedelistens@viasat.com and I'm sure we find a resolution.  Thanks!  
Photo of dave v

dave v

• 20 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
matt you are so right they falsely sign us up , then cut your usage short. I subscribed for 2 movies a week and games all day. the sales team assured me that it enough. now want to charge to disconnect.. cracker jack and some. I telling direct tv what they do to us.
Photo of Exede Elizabeth

Exede Elizabeth

• 212 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Dave,  

It definitely sounds like you were not provided accurate information about what to expect with the data allowance policy.  I am really sorry to hear that.  While we do everything we can to keep that from happening,  sometimes mistakes do occur.  

According to the plan selector tool at our website,  10 hours of video streaming in standard definition uses: 9.3 GB.  That would leave almost no data for the games if you are on the 10GB plan!  

http://www.exede.com/internet-packages-pricing/plan-selector

I believe you have messaged us on the facebook page and we will be getting in contact with you to see what we can do to make things right.

Thanks and have a great day!
Photo of mike

mike

• 82 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Exede Elizabeth, Employee
........."sometimes mistakes do occur"  your killing me here 

(Edited)
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
:-) haha...got an email from the Exede Josh dude, gave him my number and never heard from him since !
Photo of mike

mike

• 82 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
never heard from him  sounds like their service that is how you know that it is Exede
Photo of mike

mike

• 82 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
but while you are waiting you could be power cycling your modem  cause you know he is going to tell you to do it
Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Achim, I am very sorry, I didn't get your email, but I am glad I was able to speak with you today and resolve your issue.  If you need anything else from me just let me know.  Have a great weekend!
Photo of Callen Gilbert

Callen Gilbert

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Evidently the employee that signed up Mathew and Dave v  has worked there for years because the employee that signed me up also lied to me about my data  usage limit.  Of course a person finds that the info is false after they have signed up for the two  years of outrageous prices, so so internet and terrible customer support.  
Photo of Bob Lewis Jr.

Bob Lewis Jr.

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

just got service and these comments worrie me ? internet seems ok but when I log on my vistaprint email it keeps kicking me out when I click on a message, I have to keep logging in over and over and over again. do I need to change my settings some how?
Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Bob, if the issue is just with this one specific website, I would recommend you contact our technical support team at 1-855-463-9333, and they can look into what could be causing the issue with that site.  
Photo of mike

mike

• 82 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
did you power cycle your modem ?????
Photo of Bob Lewis Jr.

Bob Lewis Jr.

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

@mike, yes....I turned modem on and off but no luck it still does it,  ill call customer support and see if that helps
Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Bob, if you are still having issues, feel free to email me at exedelistens@viasat.com with your telephone number and best time to call.  Thanks.
Photo of Robyn Evans

Robyn Evans

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I have fought this system for three months now.  I have a full time job yet I have stayed up until two to three AM at night to fix the problems and I cannot fix them.  I think this company is a huge scam and I am going to disconnect my service as soon as possible.  

Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
hey Robyn, don't think its really a scam, more like a greedy money making machine. Before they slow me down its ok, decent speed, but the slowest 12Mbits i've ever had due to Latency. I you have a chance to switch to a different ISP and it's proven, not really working for you, they'll let you go. Be courteous but persistent. A "Google how to" is just a click away :-)

Photo of Jami

Jami

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I streamed a movie that used 3.5GB, so that "9-10hrs of streaming using only 9GB," in my opinion is a lie.  And.....how accurate is the "Usage" the company uses to determine this? I have actually stopped using internet completely for a month one time, and it still shows usage...Hmm....
Photo of Robyn Evans

Robyn Evans

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I agree it's a complete scam especially when I compare it to our AT&T Wireless Family Data Plan that 4 of us share. I've canceled Exede & I told them if they charge me a cancellation fee we can all start a class action. Lucky me I work for a law firm that has prosecuted these types of class actions. I hope Exede charges our MasterCard I really do. Then it will be ON!
Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hi Robyn, I may be able to be of some assistance.  Please email me at exedelistens@viasat.com
Photo of Jan Baker

Jan Baker

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
If you break it down, to watch a 1 hr show is approximately 500mb...so if you watch 20 1hr shows in a month, you,ll be over the 10g. 
And don't forget about the massive amounts of video ads and motion banners on every website you go to. That's all just part of your usage and you have no control over any of that junk. 
Try having to use a company like verizon for your internet, my bill for one line got over $150 a few different months and I never even watched any videos, just uploaded some stills to dropbox a few times and don't even think about playing any video games, those just suck away the gigs. 
I'd rather have my internet slow down a little than have to add another 2g every few days. 
At this time this is working better than anything else available in my area, yes there is room for improvement, but way better than verizon
Photo of Matthew Underwood

Matthew Underwood

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I wish I could have watched even 10 shows and even used all 20 GB, but alas, that never worked out. I have the same internet habits every month and still, 10 GB turned into 50 somehow, just to do the same things as last month. Does anyone monitor these companies claims?
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Matthew,

I would be happy to discuss managing your data usage. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thanks, ExedeCrystal.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.